PDA

View Full Version : an aircraft named Betty Grable

Daveroo
January 23rd, 2015, 18:34
ok..i was telling my dad i made the other post to help me locate this plane....he then informed me he never said it was a P-51..so...he now tells me that all she said was.."it was a military plane that had "Betty Grable " on the nose...and im not sure now if it was even on the nose..he says he never told me that either....so does anyone know of an airplane on the airshow circuit with betty grable on it somewhere?

ak416
January 23rd, 2015, 18:53
B-17 Sentimental Journey is probably the most well known

http://i.imgur.com/KsjXauq.jpg

trucker17
January 23rd, 2015, 18:54
And The one thats been around the longest.......

KellyB
January 24th, 2015, 04:55
Saw her in Trenton, ME (Bar Harbor airport) this past July. Thanks to the courtesy of a company that gives plane rides about Bar Harbor, I was almost able to stand on the runway as she did a couple of fly-by's and landing. Not a whole big crowd (was a Tuesday) so there was no rush to get through her.

It was nothing short of great.

Daveroo
January 24th, 2015, 08:16
Saw her in Trenton, ME (Bar Harbor airport) this past July. Thanks to the courtesy of a company that gives plane rides about Bar Harbor, I was almost able to stand on the runway as she did a couple of fly-by's and landing. Not a whole big crowd (was a Tuesday) so there was no rush to get through her.

It was nothing short of great.

which "her" ?..sentimental journy?..or "Betty Grable"? its betty im after..this woman..Gayle rode in a plane named betty grable,and she asked dad if he or i knew which plane it was...i havent a clue..and ive been searching the net for days..

KellyB
January 24th, 2015, 12:52
which "her" ?..sentimental journy?..or "Betty Grable"? its betty im after..this woman..Gayle rode in a plane named betty grable,and she asked dad if he or i knew which plane it was...i havent a clue..and ive been searching the net for days..

It was the B-17 Sentimental Journey, Dave. I get no joy from an internet search, either, so I'm not much help.

johannesl
January 24th, 2015, 17:03
I found a reference to a B-25 that exists today that goes by the name "Photo Fanny", but in the past has gone by several other names including "Betty Grable". I couldn't find any pictures though.

http://www.warbirdregistry.org/b25registry/b25-4430423.html