PDA

View Full Version : P-51 Betty Grable ?

Daveroo
January 23rd, 2015, 15:51
My dad tells his wound care lady used to work at the nut tree in Fairfield Ca,they have huge p-51 meets every year,and Gayle told him that she met Anderson and Yeager many times,she then said she flew back seat in 2place P-51 named "Betty Grable" ,have any of you ,maybe bomber12? Heard of this ac and if so could you tell me? Dad hopes to print a photo to take to her on Monday the 26th.
thanks

glennc
January 23rd, 2015, 18:46
Dave,

I saw the other post. I'm wondering if there could be a faulty memory and the airplane was the Collings Foundation TP-51C, Betty Jane? The first part of the 2015 schedule is on their site, http://www.collingsfoundation.org/cf_schedule-wof.htm. It does say there are stops in California this year, but not where or when.

Glenn

ColoKent
January 23rd, 2015, 18:49
Oh man Dave...The Nut Tree...you bring back WONDERFUL memories of that aviation bookstore in the early '80s [my parents lived in Sacratomato]. Really SUCKS that it was closed a number of years ago (I think).

Kent

trucker17
January 23rd, 2015, 18:56
Oh man Dave...The Nut Tree...you bring back WONDERFUL memories of that aviation bookstore in the early '80s [my parents lived in Sacratomato]. Really SUCKS that it was closed a number of years ago (I think).

Kent

Kent.....The Nut Tree is still going......