PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Nichols RAAF Williamtown AB

ejoiner
January 23rd, 2015, 10:37
Anybody else enjoying this great scenery? Works great, but a couple of curiousities. First, I fly with Orbx scenery and use global vectors as part of my kit. I also have VRS tacpack. But noticed a couple of oddities.

1. There are 4 fires at a road intersection just west of the base. Big flaming fires. Tacpack can make some big explosive fires, but there is obviously something going on there. I can supply pictures.

2. There is also a lake just inland from the base and on it right next to the lake shore is an aircraft carrier! ODD. Why is that there? Anybody else with these experiences?

Eric

res non verba
January 23rd, 2015, 16:03
Yes, i have both to... fires and aircraft carrier... i'm trying to discover what bgl is doing this.

kremin
January 24th, 2015, 03:26
Yes I like this scenery - looks good here. I've got the carrier (it's not there irl of course) but handy for a bit of deck landing practice! I've also got one fire at a dirt road intersection.

I can't get the AI to appear - anyone having this trouble?

Navy Chief
January 24th, 2015, 06:19
I do recall that when I had uploaded a revised NAS Cecil Field scenery for FSX, that there was a fire at the end of a runway. I think a SOH member found a bgl file that was the culprit? NC

jmbiii
January 24th, 2015, 06:36
Ditto on the fires and the carrier. AI from MAIW work fine. I have 'tweaked' the Afcad to my prefs.

ejoiner
January 24th, 2015, 07:42
Ditto on the fires and the carrier. AI from MAIW work fine. I have 'tweaked' the Afcad to my prefs.

Cool. got any pics of how your new AFCAD looks? I also have MAIW stuff working well. There is one apron though that has no AI on it.

Eric

ejoiner
January 24th, 2015, 07:43
Yes I like this scenery - looks good here. I've got the carrier (it's not there irl of course) but handy for a bit of deck landing practice! I've also got one fire at a dirt road intersection.

Make sure you convert the MAIW AI from FS9 to FSX. Otherwise it wont show. AI Fight Planner 2 wil do this for you.

kremin
January 24th, 2015, 13:57
Yeah....sorry I meant the four trafficXXX.bgl files that come with the package. Can't get the Hornets etc to appear.....:grumpy:

Galp
February 25th, 2015, 17:14
Hi guys,
I also have four fires burning at the intersection, haven't found the rogue bgl yet. But the biggest problem is the tall control tower and several other buildings are just black with no textures showing.
I have tried uninstalling the scenery from FSX and deleting any relevant files that show up in a windows search, then a fresh download and installation per the instructions, but keep coming up with the same black textures!
I have been battling this for several days, but have run out of ideas. Can anybody help? I would be most grateful for any ideas as to where I am going wrong.

Galp.

jmbiii
February 25th, 2015, 18:37
Cool. got any pics of how your new AFCAD looks? I also have MAIW stuff working well. There is one apron though that has no AI on it.

Eric

Here's a pix of the afcad I have. To be honest I don't remember where I added parking. I think it was for the C-130's and the 'Wedgetail' and maybe for the MRTT's that visit there. The empty apron may be the one about middle of the afcad where there are four large parking areas in mine. ? ? ?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20243&stc=1

@ GALP: Black textures in FSX usually mean that the texture is missing or not in the folder that the object is looking at for the texture. The tower is textured in my installation.

res non verba
February 26th, 2015, 03:06

The fires and carrier in the lake are all in YWLM_Williamtown_Vehicles.bgl file.

:ernaehrung004:

flightsimdev
July 10th, 2015, 03:43
Yes, i have both to... fires and aircraft carrier... i'm trying to discover what bgl is doing this. If you need any files removed or things added, I created this scenery and have a fix for the carrier and car exploading in the corner, was a little bit of fun when releasing it the link to the fix is below, just extract it to scenery folder and over write the files their https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2E959708573D6020!1455&authkey=!APHJz6atGehfty4&ithint=file%2czip Regards Lawrence Nichols