View Full Version : Fsx: Steam edition

Pepere
January 22nd, 2015, 06:48
Does anyone use this program?

http://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4716/

David

Daveroo
January 22nd, 2015, 07:23
is that a program?...i dont really understand what ive just read.

Bjoern
January 22nd, 2015, 08:43
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?91474-FSX-Steam-on-sale-for-only-5!-Limited-time-only!

manfredc3
January 22nd, 2015, 21:14
It sounds like the referral to the FSX Steam edition, and the improvements Dovetail has implemented.

gray eagle
January 23rd, 2015, 09:56
From what I gather, this Steam edition is like playing FSX in the clouds. IMHO, I don't need to buy it again. I am interested in buying the P3D later this year.

Navy Chief
January 23rd, 2015, 10:02
From what I gather, this Steam edition is like playing FSX in the clouds. IMHO, I don't need to buy it again. I am interested in buying the P3D later this year.

Have to say FSX-S does run smooth for me. I bought it at $5, so no big deal. I am encouraged by the willingness of Steam to constantly make improvements. I also have P3D, and have kept it updated. But have not really used it much..... NC

Lane Street
January 23rd, 2015, 14:00
From what I gather, this Steam edition is like playing FSX in the clouds.

Nope, not true.

Steam installs FSX on your computer and for the most part, all of the files look familiar.

For now, and they say they will change this, you do have to be online to fly the Steam version. Must of us probably fly on computers hooked up to the Internet anyway, so this really isn't a big deal.

cheers,
Lane

YoYo
April 22nd, 2015, 22:04
Hi,

I'd like to ask You users of FSX Steam version - how it looks after this half a year? Is it now good reason to "move" from boxed version of FSX Acc to FSX:SE?

How it works now with addons: A2A, ORBX, TacPack, ASN, REX TD and Soft Clouds, SweetFX ect.?

Last time I noticed more g3d.dll or other bugs in my stock FSX, I heared than FSX:SE is more stable and the team fixed some od strange crashes (CTD). Is it true?

SpaceWeevil
April 23rd, 2015, 09:10
I moved to SE after deciding on a massive de-clutter of my FSX installation with its gigabytes of unused addons. I would have happily reinstalled the boxed version but I use Steam anyway and SE was only $5 at the time. I created a second Steam library on an SSD and installed FSX SE there to keep it away from the Windows drive.

Everything from Orbx and A2A found the new location without any trouble and works perfectly. Using the same nVidia Inspector settings and Nick N setup (minus Highmemfix, which is built in) I don't really notice any difference - it looks the same, sounds the same and is very smooth & stable.

If you're happy with what you have I'd say there's no pressing reason to move to SE - but if you plan or need to do an erase/replace for whatever reason, and don't want or qualify for P3D, then FSX-SE is great.