PDA

View Full Version : Megascenery for Washington State released now.

Navy Chief
January 27th, 2009, 09:01
I am not a big fan of Megascenery products, because every one I have previously purchased has caused massive FPS problems for my system. However, I did buy the area which includes Whidbey Island. I have not installed it yet, but will do so later on today and report back here.

The pricing is not bad. Just the area I bought was only $8.

NC

Lionheart
January 27th, 2009, 09:51
Thanks for the heads up.

Ive always appreciated the Mega Scenery packages. I have Phoenix and California. I have to say though that Northern Cal is not high detail. Loads really fast, easy on frames, but its low resolution. You would probably love it NC. I wish I had version 1. I prefer photo real over performance anyday.

Bill

limjack
January 27th, 2009, 16:12
looking forward to some feedback NC. I have pondored buying the NW stuff so I can see my house. Yes, Its all about me.

Jim

sberlins
January 27th, 2009, 18:44
Here's a shot of Friday Harbor, the default FSX airfield. And a second shot of the airfield almost due east of Friday Harbor (mostly hidden directly behind the aircraft).

PlaneEater
January 27th, 2009, 21:38
Being that I spent my honeymoon on San Juan Island (where Friday Harbor is located), during the middle of summer, I can say that's a decently accurate rendition of that part of the island. (I swear, I did actually see a good chunk of the island!)

The DEM is on the low-res side but the textures look more or less correct. Needs more autogen trees and buildings though.

Any shots of the ferry terminal and the actual harbor itself?

tigisfat
January 27th, 2009, 21:45
I for one loved the megascenery products let out until now. Now they look faded, and the price is astronomical. They can keep that junk. It looks no better than tileproxy.

Thanks for the heads up, though. I will keep an eye on these products. maybe there'll be a must have area.

hey_moe
January 28th, 2009, 03:01
I wonder what the FPS will be. I know when I fly near some of the large airports it just about brings my system to it knees.
I for one loved the megascenery products let out until now. Now they look faded, and the price is astronomical. They can keep that junk. It looks no better than tileproxy.

Thanks for the heads up, though. I will keep an eye on these products. maybe there'll be a must have area.

Navy Chief
January 28th, 2009, 06:31
Well, so far I am not that impressed. I finally got around to loading it, and checking it from above NAS Whidbey Island. I imagine they were not able to do much in that area? The mountains look nice though. I don't think I will be buying any more areas, based on what I have seen.

NC

foreigndevil
January 28th, 2009, 09:43
I'm waiting for the FTX version of the PNW, coming later this year! That'll be something else:jump:

Marlin
January 28th, 2009, 10:22
I'm waiting for the FTX version of the PNW, coming later this year! That'll be something else:jump:

Yes indeed, I'll second what he said!!!!

crashaz
January 28th, 2009, 13:22
I will third what he said!!! :woot:

foreigndevil
January 29th, 2009, 03:48
BTW, looking at the screenshots on the FS ADDON forumTongass Fjords will also be well worth having! Can't wait for all this stuff to come out!