PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know....

euroastar350
January 20th, 2015, 10:48
Where I can find schematics with markings, panel lines and rivet locations for the Lockheed L188 Electra? Looking at doing some textures for the KBT model and need reference so I can build a paintkit from existing textures. Any help is appreciated

Bjoern
January 20th, 2015, 11:14
Good question. I'd be surprised if there was some extensive reference material about this aircraft out there.

You'll probably have to retrace the panel lines and rivets from existing textures an/or from photos or side view drawings.

Was the L-188 ever updated to the P-3's standard (version 3.x or so), by the way?

JensOle
January 20th, 2015, 11:17
As even detail drawings from respected sources can be notoriously unreliable there is only one way I think if you want realism and that is to start googling for as many close up pictures you can find and start making your own paintkit. Of course if you can get detail drawings from Lockheed they should hopefully be accurate..

Paul Domingue
January 20th, 2015, 15:10
Did you try contacting the people at KBT? Another possible source is California Classics. They made the L-188 for FS9.

euroastar350
January 20th, 2015, 17:36
I'll look around for any useful material. And yes, 188 is FSX native and can be found on avsim.

Bjoern
January 21st, 2015, 05:41
Gave the model another try last night. I want to like this bird, I really do. Yet, the unclickable VC just...ruins it for me.

So if you decide to e-mail FS-KBT, George, ask them if they're working on or planning an update to the L-188.
If not, I'd help them out with making the VC as clickable as reasonably possible.

Another possible source is California Classics. They made the L-188 for FS9.

The CC L-188 is based on an entirely different model.