PDA

View Full Version : Dassault FSX Videos

StormILM
January 20th, 2015, 03:41
It took me a few days of spare time to piece these two videos together but got it done finally. Simply said, it's most of my Dassault FSX collection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAXLirI0KR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFEs_zmMPm8

papab
January 20th, 2015, 03:43
Very well done!
Thank you
Rick

Victory103
January 20th, 2015, 06:44
Oh the agony of having to fly all those fantastic models for the vid, great job around the boat too, still have no idea what the LSO said.

ejoiner
January 20th, 2015, 06:56
It took me a few days of spare time to piece these two videos together but got it done finally. Simply said, it's most of my Dassault FSX collection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAXLirI0KR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFEs_zmMPm8

Very well done!

Nice flying. You must fly all these all the time because I struggle to keep up with the switchology if I jump around too much. Even between similar aircraft.

How did you do the video production part?

Again, Great work.

Eric

StormILM
January 20th, 2015, 13:34
Thanks guys!

Victory103, the LSO was fussing at my glideslope deviations and to be honest, I'm a little rusty with those models in "threading the needle" on the approaches and traps.

ejoiner, I use Bandicam and the current freeware Microsoft Movie Maker. Bandicam works very well and has a lot of customizable features to tailor your needs & system. The best part about it is that there is no need to compress the video clip segments(unlike Fraps). I have several different methods for recording and then editing and this production was more complicated than most. In general, I plan out my flights well before hand(usually just memorize what I want to do then follow flow procedures with each aircraft) and then go and fly. I record multiple segments and use the Enter Key as my Start/Stop while being careful to monitor & limit the time each segment is recording. Once I am satisfied I have all the segments I need in my general flight & recording plan, I exit FSX and then transfer drag & drop all the recorded file segments into a separate folder on my desk top so I can keep track of them all. I then review each segment to weed out as much glitched or flawed video as possible and then I open Movie Maker and usually drop in the file segments one at a time and begin editing. The edits of course will involve all the fades, cropping, animations, titles, etc. Once all that is done, I compile the video into am MP4 format to upload to Youtube. What I have learned is that the longer the video the greater the possibility of errors(which will cause the video to not compile properly) and generally, if you limit to 10 minutes or less, you are less likely to have compiling errors. Granted, there are probably much better editing software systems than Movie Maker but at this point I am still a novice at this and to be perfectly honest, the polished end product is not so much as important as is the sharing of the joying of flying the models & of course giving salute to those who make them for us to enjoy. I truly admire a number of excellent FSX videos I've seen out there & am slowly learning from those excellent production works. It's all about fun!

ejoiner
January 20th, 2015, 13:40
Thanks guys!

Victory103, the LSO was fussing at my glideslope deviations and to be honest, I'm a little rusty with those models in "threading the needle" on the approaches and traps.

ejoiner, I use Bandicam and the current freeware Microsoft Movie Maker. Bandicam works very well and has a lot of customizable features to tailor your needs & system. The best part about it is that there is no need to compress the video clip segments(unlike Fraps). I have several different methods for recording and then editing and this production was more complicated than most. In general, I plan out my flights well before hand(usually just memorize what I want to do then follow flow procedures with each aircraft) and then go and fly. I record multiple segments and use the Enter Key as my Start/Stop while being careful to monitor & limit the time each segment is recording. Once I am satisfied I have all the segments I need in my general flight & recording plan, I exit FSX and then transfer drag & drop all the recorded file segments into a separate folder on my desk top so I can keep track of them all. I then review each segment to weed out as much glitched or flawed video as possible and then I open Movie Maker and usually drop in the file segments one at a time and begin editing. The edits of course will involve all the fades, cropping, animations, titles, etc. Once all that is done, I compile the video into am MP4 format to upload to Youtube. What I have learned is that the longer the video the greater the possibility of errors(which will cause the video to not compile properly) and generally, if you limit to 10 minutes or less, you are less likely to have compiling errors. Granted, there are probably much better editing software systems than Movie Maker but at this point I am still a novice at this and to be perfectly honest, the polished end product is not so much as important as is the sharing of the joying of flying the models & of course giving salute to those who make them for us to enjoy. I truly admire a number of excellent FSX videos I've seen out there & am slowly learning from those excellent production works. It's all about fun!

THanks for the detailed explanation! Im familiar with Moviemaker and have used it before myself. The transitions and stuff you have done very well!!!

Eric

fsafranek
January 20th, 2015, 15:45
Very nice work. Good delta landing technique. :encouragement:

Too bad we don't have a newer F1 to fill the gap between the III/5 and 2000.
:ernaehrung004:

daisan
January 21st, 2015, 03:08
A FSX Mirage F1 is really needed...

Victory103
January 21st, 2015, 05:26
Storm, next question was what you were using, looking to start tutorials and accurate mil type flying vids when I find the time. So Bandicam it is then.

StormILM
January 21st, 2015, 17:26
I agree Frank, we need an F-1 pretty bad and we know one or perhaps two are coming at some point.

Speaking of Dassault, I recall clearly where my interest and full blown passion for the Mirage and other Dassault Jets began, I remember being in elementary school and probably age 6 or 7 seeing the old C.B. Colby books showing off many different Jet Fighters and Bombers. The Mirage III and IV stuck out at me. A few years later around spring of 1977, I got the old 1/72 Revell Mirage III kit(box art below)which allowed you to choose between an E or an R model with the different noses and later on I ended up with both the Revell 1/32 Mirage VJ and different ESCI kits of Mirage's in 1/48 scale. Man oh man, those were the days!
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18542&stc=1

hae5904
January 22nd, 2015, 08:49
Great video StormILM :encouragement: , to bad you didn't include the M2M M2000 StormILM !!

This is one of the new paints to be part of the next build:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/Picardie_zpsqmcbnyru.jpg (http://s89.photobucket.com/user/Hank41/media/Picardie_zpsqmcbnyru.jpg.html)

Hank