PDA

View Full Version : Need help on DAF42

captzoom
January 19th, 2015, 18:20
H:wavey:i All; Getting back into CFS2 after a few years. I originally loaded CFS2 when it came out with Dunkirk, Malta, and BoB campaigns, with hardly a glitch, but a recent attempt at installing DAF42 is giving me fits. I had d/l 'ed it when it first came out, and never installed it. Using the excellent Rich Text Doc. provided, I accumulated all the zips and tried installing them. Some were linked off to some goofy Japanese site about drugs (?), and were a bit of a job to find. OK, here's where I need help---How to fix the black rectangle runways so that they show up as a real runway ? "GB Matilda_2" is really getting to me--it just does not find it when launching a mission! Another is "Hurricane 11b Trop" not found, when the aircraft folder is full of them! I checked and triple checked that the folders had all the configs, etc. So far, I can finally fly 2 of the Libya missions, but that's it. Any help would sure be appreciated, Thanks!!!

Devildog73
January 20th, 2015, 04:09
Captzoom,

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the older version of the DAF42 campaign. I had trouble with it when I first started in CFS2 and discarded it.
I believe Rami did an update to it.

If so, it is in our library here.

I will check and get right back to you here.

Rami did do a more modern version of that period. If you go to our "Warbirds Library" and scroll down to CFS2 Campaigns and open it when you see a campaign by Rami just click on the magnifying glsss with the PLUS sign in it.

That will give you all Campaigns by Rami. Then you will see "Western Desert" and other African and MTO missions and Campaigns.

H:wavey:i All; Getting back into CFS2 after a few years. I originally loaded CFS2 when it came out with Dunkirk, Malta, and BoB campaigns, with hardly a glitch, but a recent attempt at installing DAF42 is giving me fits. I had d/l 'ed it when it first came out, and never installed it. Using the excellent Rich Text Doc. provided, I accumulated all the zips and tried installing them. Some were linked off to some goofy Japanese site about drugs (?), and were a bit of a job to find. OK, here's where I need help---How to fix the black rectangle runways so that they show up as a real runway ? "GB Matilda_2" is really getting to me--it just does not find it when launching a mission! Another is "Hurricane 11b Trop" not found, when the aircraft folder is full of them! I checked and triple checked that the folders had all the configs, etc. So far, I can finally fly 2 of the Libya missions, but that's it. Any help would sure be appreciated, Thanks!!!

Rami
January 20th, 2015, 16:24
Captzoom,

Good evening! Sorry I didn't get the chance to respond earlier. Devildog is correct. I did an update to this campaign called "Western Desert, 1942" when I overhauled both the German and Italian campaigns, and added a thirteen-mission campaign for the Desert Air Force.

There have been many new improvements for the Mediterranean, including the Moroccan coastline, Gibraltar, Malta, new GSL airfields, Pantelleria, Lampedusa, and other areas.

captzoom
January 20th, 2015, 21:14
Thanks guys; I'll start with a fresh install of the newer DAF42, and a clean version of CFS2. I was using the old DAF42 download and mixing some of the newer addons and I'm sure that's what is causing all the trouble.:wavey:

Rami
January 21st, 2015, 02:22
Captzoom,

Before you install the campaign, get the base scenery layers down.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=49&id=2932

captzoom
January 21st, 2015, 21:01
Thanks Rami, and to all for your input. I got the scenery and will start right in on it. There sure are some nice updates on the Hurricanes and such!