PDA

View Full Version : OT - a few weeks ago I asked for prayer for my wife.

Cowboy1968
January 19th, 2015, 13:47
A few weeks ago, i asked for prayer fro my wife and her kidney problems. At this time I have to give you my sad news.

On Friday night my wife passed away. She went very peacefully. She passed away at 7:35 pm pacific time. I am having a lot of trouble with dealing with this. I just want to hold her.

I know i asked for your prayers for her, now I am asking for them myself.

Rami
January 19th, 2015, 13:51
Darrell,

Damn. I liked Pepper even though I never got a chance to meet her. Please accept my prayers and condolences, and thanks for letting us know. I had hoped the lack of news meant that she had recovered. I will continue to hold you and your children in my prayers.

God bless, and holler if you need a friendly ear.

misson
January 19th, 2015, 13:58
I so sorry ! It is really a very sad news. My prays are for u. She knew you loved her, I'm sure. I am convinced that we are all passing through this world, and that we will be back with our loved ones. The love that we gave to our loved ones is, was and will be for eternity. So have faith.
Mario

glh
January 19th, 2015, 14:00
My deepest sympathy and condolences on the loss of your wife.

ejoiner
January 19th, 2015, 14:32
A few weeks ago, i asked for prayer fro my wife and her kidney problems. At this time I have to give you my sad news.

On Friday night my wife passed away. She went very peacefully. She passed away at 7:35 pm pacific time. I am having a lot of trouble with dealing with this. I just want to hold her.

I know i asked for your prayers for her, now I am asking for them myself.

I am so sorry to read this news. Prayers definitely. Hope you have the love and support of your family and especially your church or temple.

kind regards
Eric

Naismith
January 19th, 2015, 14:51
So sorry to hear this. Words just fail. You have my sympathies.

Wayland
January 19th, 2015, 15:33
Cowboy, I'm terribly sorry to hear this. You both have my prayers, no question about it..

Steve

Captain Kurt
January 19th, 2015, 18:45
That is a terrible loss for you and it has to be be very painful. You have my thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time.

SSI01
January 19th, 2015, 20:37
I do not know how I would react if I were in the same situation. Our bond is deep, I feel like I've known my wife since childhood though we didn't meet until our mid-30s. I suppose your relationship was the same. You have my prayers and thoughts.

manfredc3
January 19th, 2015, 21:57
My sincere condolences. I can not even come close to imagining what you must be going through.

I do hope you have family and friends close to support you, and my thoughts are with you.

Hang in there!

burcham8
January 20th, 2015, 03:07
My wife goes a long way toward defining my life. I cannot imagine what you are going through right now. But, I teach a Bible study at 10:00 AM every Tuesday; we will pray for you today. I hope you can find Heaven's peace and rejoice in the fact that she is there.

Psalm 91 might help. Read it, please.

Marc

Devildog73
January 20th, 2015, 03:13
You have my prayers as well.

God's peace to you.

beepee
January 20th, 2015, 03:15
So sorry for you. You have my deepest sympathy and my prayers as you go through this difficult time

kelticheart
January 20th, 2015, 03:46
Please, accept my heartfelt condolences, too, Cowboy.

She will always be with you, anyway. Our loved ones that pass onto another life keep following us and shield us with their love. I am sure of this, try to remember it during the times ahead, when you will miss her even more than now.

It's a thought that will comfort you greatly and will resound positively also where she is now. We mustn't feel too much pain, even if it sounds hard, because it keeps them from elevating to the next plane of consciousness they deserve, after experiencing the material life.

Stefano

Cody Coyote
January 20th, 2015, 07:10
I am deeply saddened to learn of your tragic loss. I'll keep you in my prayers and wish you strength to get through this most difficult time. I'm so very, very sorry.

vidal
January 20th, 2015, 10:54
Please, accept my most sincere condolences. This is a rude moment, in where nothing can anymore be the same than it was.
Sincerely yours.

dmaloof
January 20th, 2015, 13:49
I'm sorry to hear man, you always have us and our prayers too.

Sarg Willy
January 20th, 2015, 15:56
My condolences and Prayer,s at your loss

Cowboy1968
January 20th, 2015, 16:30
Today, I had to go sign the papers so the funereal home can start the process of cremating my Pepper. That was as hard to do as it was to say good bye to me Pepper at the hospital.

I am having a lot of trouble dealing with all this. I can't make small dicisions. and I can't sleep without dreaming of her.

I cry constantly. I miss her constantly, and I desire to be with her constantly.

I am not handling this very well at all. I ask myself why i wasn't allowed to go with her.

sbp
January 20th, 2015, 17:37
Cowboy,

I pray that God will ease your suffering and pain with the loss of your Pepper. Know that many, many here are with you at this dark time in your life.

My God be with you....

sbp

No Dice
January 20th, 2015, 17:52
Please stay strong sir,

She will be always caring for you........just look for the light.
It will come and you will see it.

Dave

alpha_1
January 20th, 2015, 20:05
Hi Cowboy. We've never met but we've both lost our wives to illness. You recently, me 5 years ago. I'm prayin' for ya, Bud. I'm sure you miss her terribly......I did and do mine. I since discovered that God really loves us and life goes on. It's a tough thing to look at eye to eye, I know but time is a great healer. You'll find your way to deal with your pain, like I did mine. She needs you to live, for her.

I'm so sorry for your loss and I wish you well.

God bless you, Friend.:encouragement:

Captain Kurt
January 20th, 2015, 21:14
Dear Cowboy --- friend. Please understand you aren't supposed to handle it well. Now is the time you need to grieve. But she would not want you to hurt forever and would be happy for you when you are able to begin to breath again and start to heal. Please seek out a grief counselor to help you understand how you will process your loss emotionally. There is much to go through and understanding the ups and downs helps to cope.

How do I know? By the time I was 50, I had lost my first son, my first wife, my parents, and my sisters. For a long time I thought God had abandoned me, but He hadn't. I had abandoned Him in my pain, guilt and anger. I once asked a minister counseling me how God could let these things happen, why them and not me, most especially my son. And he told me something I will never forget. Death is the enemy, he said, but if we ask Him God will save us forever, which is where it matters.

Beginning then, in small steps, I was able to move on again and along the way God let me know he was still holding me up, blessing me with my current wife and two great children.

You know, I've never told anyone this before. I hope it can help you in some small way.

You have my deepest sympathy and best wishes.

Rami
January 21st, 2015, 02:13
Today, I had to go sign the papers so the funereal home can start the process of cremating my Pepper. That was as hard to do as it was to say good bye to me Pepper at the hospital.

I am having a lot of trouble dealing with all this. I can't make small dicisions. and I can't sleep without dreaming of her.

I cry constantly. I miss her constantly, and I desire to be with her constantly.

I am not handling this very well at all. I ask myself why i wasn't allowed to go with her.

Cowboy,

If I remember correctly, I know that you and your wife had children. If it helps, think of them as a part of your late wife that lives on in them, and that she will still have the chance to watch them grow up from her new perspective. Let them growing up and maturing truly be her legacy, as well as remembering what she meant to you.

And as Kurt said; grieving is perfectly natural and acceptable...I can remember after my father passed that I was numb before I really felt loss. I am on Skype if you need to talk tonight.

Devildog73
January 21st, 2015, 07:16

Cowboy,
You are grieving very appropriately, brother.

My wife went through ovarian cancer chemotherapy and total hysterectomy while we were stationed in Germany.
What you are going through came to my mind as a distinct possibility in my life.

Continue to grieve your profound loss of your soul-mate, wife, best friend and lover. Let the emotions come out and when you are so very, very sad, ask God for his peace, love, and comfort.

Know that your grief is normal and appropriate. You are handling it well, as well as can be expected.
You are normal and handling this great loss normally.

Again, our prayers, condolences, deepest sympathies are with you.

Lee

Cowboy1968
January 21st, 2015, 07:48
The dreams of my wife keep coming. They are pleasant dreams until I wake up. then the loneliness seems to grow deeper.

Once I wake up and find she isn't with me, I just cry. I find myself getting more and more depressed. More and more wanting to get drunk to stay numb. I promised my love I wouldn't go into the bottle fifteen years ago.

Life is dark for me right now

It is loneliness

Devildog73
January 21st, 2015, 13:09
Please follow Captain Kurt's advice and seek out a grief counselor and visit with them sooner rather than later.

It is sound advice, preferably a Christian one.

Use this sad situation to draw closer to God, not further from him.

Our life on this earth is momentary in comparison to eternity.

Find a grief counselor today or tomorrow. Please do not wait.

Again, my prayers are with you.

dmaloof
January 21st, 2015, 14:53
I agree with devildog. seek out the counselor sooner than later. it will take time. i know its too early but maybe consider getting a pet at some point that would give you companionship day in day out ebsides relatives visiting or checking on you. I turned to getting a kitten when I lost someone special. its not the same but it does help in long run.

http://www.wikihow.com/Live-After-the-Death-of-a-Spouse

PS: I lost my mom when I was 18 back in 1991 and was in high school then. She was closest to me than anyone including my father. i cried and still think of her and the good times every now and then. I am 41 now and dont go a day without thinking of her. So cry, grieve and share with the counselor. remember you always have us here at the forum too.

Jaxon
January 22nd, 2015, 11:08
Very sad news. My condolences to you. Please stay strong in this dark time.
I haven`t lost close family members yet, but I can tell my life has changed very much within very short time.
I am very happy now with my little family still growing. But 5 years ago, I could swear, I will never have kids.

Give your sadness the time it needs. But there will be better times again. For sure.
46 is just somewhere in the middle! Still so much to explore!

rhumbaflappy
January 23rd, 2015, 14:08
Hi Darrell.

We don't know each other, but I am moved by your suffering.

This is my belief, and I hope it gives you some comfort.

God loves us. I don't know why, but He does. We are bound by a covenant with God created by the perfect sacrifice of Jesus. We are all saved... this means at death we are all forgiven, all corrected, all accepted. You will again meet your dear wife in Paradise, and all will be better than before. This is certain.

Dick

Cees Donker
January 23rd, 2015, 22:57
Darrell,

Hang in there mate. No words I utter on this page can give the comfort you need, but I hope in some way the reactions here on the OH give you some kind of support. I'm not a religious man myself, but I always try to look ahead and imagine what the person I lost would want me to do. There is a time to mourn for such a terrible loss, but eventually you must accept it and go on. I think your late wife would have wanted you to do just that.

My sincerest condolences,

Cees