PDA

View Full Version : What's that spiral curve in the sky

Peg o my heart
January 19th, 2015, 08:12
Can anyone tell me what this is. Just got the latest Q400 update and tested at random airport (VTST). IIRC, the last change I made was the Thermal Vis., from Natural to Thematic. I have had this since days ago. Thanks beforehand :)

ryanbatc
January 19th, 2015, 08:16
Disable Thermals visualization

Peg o my heart
January 19th, 2015, 08:26
Disable Thermals visualization

Boy was that as simple as that.

Frankly, never tried that before and hardly heard people were talking about this in forums. Thank you :very_drunk:

Daube
January 19th, 2015, 08:57
Indeed, this spiral shows where the thermals are. If you enter that spiral with a glider, you'll start gaining altitude.
Instead of disabling this, you could also switch to "Natural" setting. This will replace the green spiral with a pair of eagles soaring. They are hard to spot, because they are so small, so you can only spot them at very small distance, but they are nice to see :)

Peg o my heart
January 19th, 2015, 09:14
Indeed, this spiral shows where the thermals are. If you enter that spiral with a glider, you'll start gaining altitude.
Instead of disabling this, you could also switch to "Natural" setting. This will replace the green spiral with a pair of eagles soaring. They are hard to spot, because they are so small, so you can only spot them at very small distance, but they are nice to see :)

Will try that gliding tips, didn't know that before. Yes sometimes I spotted those birds but so far never had BASH :D
Thanks, wilco