PDA

View Full Version : ill go first,issues with installers

Daveroo
January 19th, 2015, 07:46
ok i want to concentrate on getting FTX Global installed,i went to their forums and followed instructions to completely remove FSX and Acceleration ,run CCleaner and clean the registry that way..i also followed instructions on hand cleaning the registry,then i tried to install global ,the instructions had said the installer would now "see" FSX.SE...well it doesnt for me,there is a FSX but if i click next for it...i get an error telling me there is no button something..i was to frustrated to think about writing it down....

i have a feeling there must be something left in the registry.....any ideas?...oh and i did think ahead and had steam running..but i didnt have FSX.SE running..

ak416
January 19th, 2015, 08:01
Have you tried the Flight1 Registry Repair Tool?

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Navy Chief
January 19th, 2015, 09:05
Have you visited the Steam forums? I have only briefly looked at posts there, but am certain those forums will become much busier, as changes are made:encouragement: NC

ejoiner
January 19th, 2015, 10:36
ok i want to concentrate on getting FTX Global installed,i went to their forums and followed instructions to completely remove FSX and Acceleration ,run CCleaner and clean the registry that way..i also followed instructions on hand cleaning the registry,then i tried to install global ,the instructions had said the installer would now "see" FSX.SE...well it doesnt for me,there is a FSX but if i click next for it...i get an error telling me there is no button something..i was to frustrated to think about writing it down....

i have a feeling there must be something left in the registry.....any ideas?...oh and i did think ahead and had steam running..but i didnt have FSX.SE running..

One other place you guys need to be checking. I dont have FSXSE, but I know enough that some 3rd party applications will also write path information into the dll.xml file located in (user name)/appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsx folder. I know from putzing around with it today that real trim as an add on writes path there. There are some Orbx 3rd party addons that do the same thing. Mainly I think Orbx airports that use ObjectFlow.

In any case, its not always the registry.

Eric