PDA

View Full Version : VRS Superbug for FSX-Steam

Navy Chief
January 16th, 2015, 17:03
I was just reading about the forthcoming update to the VRS Simulations Tackpack Superbug that will allow it to work with FSX Steam. The update, as I understand it, should be out by the end of January, and will be free to existing Tackpack Superbug owners.

Dual FSX-O and FSX-Steam installation of this aircraft will not be possible, due to conflicts.

I am thinking about switching to FSX Steam completely. At the very least, I plan on uninstalling my FSX-O VRS Superbug installation in advance of the Steam update. VRS does caution, however, that until they can come up with a solution, a new installation of their product will be required each time Steam is updated, because it will mess up the install.

For me, Steam runs smoother than FSX-O. Yes, there are apparently problems with some addons not working with Steam, but I think the number is dwindling?

Your thoughts? NC

StormILM
January 16th, 2015, 19:07
I am still not convinced about going over to FSX-S yet. I want to wait a bit & see where things go and if it is truly beneficial, I may make the move at some point. What I found most interesting about the VRS post was the forthcoming F/A-18F version as well as the new High Fidelity Flight Dynamics and Flight Control System Law Scheduling. I hope the Devs at VRS consider an Advanced Super Hornet version with the EPE Engine Upgrade.

airattackimages
January 16th, 2015, 19:30
I have no interest in FSX-S... The F/A-18F on the other hand, I've been dreaming of for a long time. Was really pumped when they put out the teaser shots. Can't wait.

StormILM
January 16th, 2015, 19:52
Here's the one issue that I have with moving over the FSX-S, the automatic Steam updates. This is going to be a problem because some(if not all) of those updates will cause a number of addons(or their components) to become inoperative after each update which in turn will necessitate updates for the addons. VRS has clearly stated this will be an issue with their software. As I noted, for me there's no harm in being late to the game on buying some things as over time we'll see if the kinks get worked out or not.

Flyboy208
January 16th, 2015, 21:12
The F/A-18F is a welcome addition, would love to see an EA-18G Growler ... spent some time with the real thing. Mike :wavey:

airattackimages
January 16th, 2015, 23:53
I think they will do the G, myself and a couple others have been asking about it and they have sounded receptive. Of course, as is usual with vrs, they prefer making it actually mission capable, which means they have a lot of invention to do..

It would be an obvious next step on the F though, at least as far as the model. A couple extra blisters, antennas, smoothed dogtooth and wing fences. Easy stuff there!

mirage3
January 17th, 2015, 12:57
Oh my! An -F Rhino? Loooooooove:o