PDA

View Full Version : Transfer my Razbam aircraft to new computer

Wings of Gold
January 12th, 2015, 12:13
Some advise please guys. I have a new computer and am in the process of transferring my payware aircraft. I can not find anything on either the Razbam site or facebook that tells me how to do this. I can find the purchases in my Razbam account, but there is no indication how to re-authorize another download. So far Ron is ignoring my postings and PM.

Any help figuring this out would be appreciated.

Bill

glh
January 12th, 2015, 14:17
Do you know how to transfer files from one computer to another ?? Follow the same process.

henrystreet
January 12th, 2015, 14:26
Bill,

With the Razbam aircraft, it depends on who you bought it from. If you bought from their download store, a simple re-install is all that is needed. I have some purchased from JustFlight, in that case, I have to go thru the JustFlight installer.

Which download store did you get your Razbam planes from?

SPman
January 12th, 2015, 16:03
Do you not have the downloads and passwords on file?

Wings of Gold
January 12th, 2015, 16:46
I have both an order number and the date purchased. I also have backed up the downloaded executable file. However that file must need some code in my computer, as it will not complete it's load in my CD. My download link (which appears in my Razbam account) expired 1 month following my purchase. I had four remaining downloads remaining at that time. I have requested Razbam to authorize a further download, Have any of you experienced this situation? If so - how did you resolve it?

Best regards, Bill

WarHorse47
January 12th, 2015, 17:42
Which RAZBAM packages and who did you purchase them from??

glh
January 12th, 2015, 18:44
Well, I just went back to my FSPilotShop account and signed back in. I bought two RAZBAM A-7s (Vols. 1 & 2) and the EA-6B Prowler for $10 each during the Xmas sale.

I have 19 downloads remaining through Dec. 20, 2015. I downloaded the EA-6B again, using up 1 download, and I had no problem getting the file again. I'm at a loss to help you out or suggest a course of action..

strykerpsg
January 12th, 2015, 18:44
I too had a similar problem communicating with their support team for the same reason. Facebook seems to be their primary means of communication. Be advised, even as their primary means, it does not gurantee a reply in a very timely fashion. That being said, just send them proof of the purchase via messenger if bought through their site and they'll post additional downloads to your link. Just be patient and keep reminding if no reply after a week or so.

glh
January 12th, 2015, 18:51
Strykerpsg:

You just confirmed and proved to me why I should deal with them via a third party. I had NO problem accessing the order page and the download links from FSPilotShop for the 3 RAZBAM products I bought during the Xmas sale last year. I also have 19, 19 and 18 (I downloaded EA-6B again as a test) downloads remaining until Dec. 20, 2015.

GO DUCKS !!!!!!

ZsoltB
January 12th, 2015, 19:32
I can not re-download the RAZBAM Harrier GR.7/GR.9

http://www.razbamsims.com

Date Ordered: Monday 11 March, 2013

This is pretty interesting!

:dejection:

YoYo
January 12th, 2015, 22:02
Some advise please guys. I have a new computer and am in the process of transferring my payware aircraft. I can not find anything on either the Razbam site or facebook that tells me how to do this. I can find the purchases in my Razbam account, but there is no indication how to re-authorize another download. So far Ron is ignoring my postings and PM.

Any help figuring this out would be appreciated.

Bill

I can not re-download the RAZBAM Harrier GR.7/GR.9

http://www.razbamsims.com

Date Ordered: Monday 11 March, 2013

This is pretty interesting!

:dejection:

Razbam store it's a mistake. Webstore, Forum, Support isnt user friendly.

I have here old version of Corsair, in the rest internet store - is the new updated files (?!). Webstore of developer is worse than the others in the net? How is possible? :dizzy:

No any kind of support ticket or working support email and forum is death (no answers from 8 November), no possibility to send PM on the Forum too.

I like model of Razbam but the rest needs to have a very BIG improve according me.

strykerpsg
January 12th, 2015, 23:01
Strykerpsg:

You just confirmed and proved to me why I should deal with them via a third party. I had NO problem accessing the order page and the download links from FSPilotShop for the 3 RAZBAM products I bought during the Xmas sale last year. I also have 19, 19 and 18 (I downloaded EA-6B again as a test) downloads remaining until Dec. 20, 2015.

GO DUCKS !!!!!!

LOL GLH! I agree but wanted to give them a chance. Admittedly, some of my later attempts to communicate with Ron and Larry were a bit more direct and less nice, so i suspect I'm on the "we may or may not reply, depends on my mood" kinda relationship. I haven't given up on them but as they begin to dabble into Tac Pack territory and DCS, both i really enjoy, I sincerely hope they change their current business model with regards to customer relations.

Anyway, for the record, they did reinstate my downloads except one, A-7 volume 2, which i couldn't find the receipt from the webstore but did find the PayPal statement. So, partially my fault and part there's for when their server crashed or was hacked and they had to start over. When all was said and done, i just repurchased the upcoming Tac pack A7 rather than cry over an older model.

expat
January 13th, 2015, 00:40
There ought to be a less stressful and more consistent means - one common technological protocol - for renewing and transferring payware to a new machine used by all the on line stores/devs that each have "own way of doing things". We change PCs or HD's fairly often. I had a meltdown and had to build a new rig last year and still have not chased down enough "evidence" (losing saved outlook emails hasn't helped) of my not being a pirate to convince one or more of the online stores to reinstate my download privileges. It's a bit asymmetrical - we do our part as honest customers by not supporting piracy - but then are denied use of or faced with a lot of hassle simply trying to enjoy what we have already paid for.

DaveB
January 13th, 2015, 01:42
I keep copies of all payware downloads and a separate txt file called 'Registrations'. Every time I buy a product that has a registration key.. I add the key to the Registrations txt file so should I need to reinstall at any time.. I have the details I need to hand. The only 'pain' I've found over the years is with Flight1 purchases as these need reinstalling through the F1 wrapper:)

ATB
DaveB:)

expat
January 13th, 2015, 02:12
Yes, Flight1 is the worst. I lost some of my saved - what I thought was protected - registration key files in the meltdown. I may not be as well organised! However, sometimes these "keys" - I really hate them - become stale and you need to get a new one.