PDA

View Full Version : Project Tupolev Tu-154B2 for FSX version 1.3 released!!

ce_zeta
January 5th, 2015, 12:44
Hi Folks!

Project Tupolev strikes again!!!

Release Note from Kirill:

Hello,our dear Friends!

Here we are with the version 1.3

Changelist:

1. Changed system logic of anti-ice system of gauges of full pressure (PPD)*.
2. Animated 2D gauges(PKP, PNP, US-I).
3. Transponder СОМ-64 re-writed.
4. Textures and geometry of sidepanels, AZS-panels, and most part of a VC repainted.
5. Aircraft.cfg divided to 2, user now can select format of panels just by changing aircraft.cfg. The default setting is 4x3
6. Some minor bugs fixed

+you we have a small surprise for you.

Package can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B58IRtSDv8WIRm9iRjVKZTJBb3M/view?usp=sharing

Standalone version, you don't need to install previous versions.

Fly with PT!

Enjoy!!

hadhart
January 5th, 2015, 12:47
great! thank you so much! :)

SeanTK
January 5th, 2015, 13:19
Great! Downloading now, of course.
I wonder what the "surprise" is....

vl82m
January 5th, 2015, 13:39
had to reset paths nvu calculator, rsbn calculator (doesn't come with addon), load manager, joystick configurator... as usual. good update, much better visual. surprise probably is the gromov research institute aircraft.

ce_zeta
January 5th, 2015, 13:45
Vlad, please, can you tell us, what are the new switches in the overhead? The new switches are in the position of the old Heat pitot switch. I suppose that they are part of the new PPD system but...I can't read what is labeled.

Hahaha....Well isn't only the Gromov livery...

StormILM
January 5th, 2015, 14:15
Simplified control system or at least regarding the throttles? I noticed my X55 will move all 3 throttles on a single lever command which if I recall correctly, my old X52 would not move all of them in unison...

ce_zeta
January 5th, 2015, 14:29
Simplified control system or at least regarding the throttles? I noticed my X55 will move all 3 throttles on a single lever command which if I recall correctly, my old X52 would not move all of them in unison...
Nopes (I think, they don't change the joystick utility). The Gromov livery have a 3D model of the M version!!:biggrin-new:

SeanTK
January 5th, 2015, 14:31
Still trying to download. First attempt failed, and now I can't even get a download to start. Hoping this'll work soon.
Any idea if the existing "M" liveries work?

SeanTK
January 5th, 2015, 16:19
Getting a message from Avast anti-virus saying it terminated the download and blocked a Trojan virus. Is anyone else getting a message from their AV program, or is this a false positive?

Naismith
January 5th, 2015, 21:45
No warnings here I use a combo of MS Security Essentials (which has never let me down in years) and Malwarebytes.
D/l took about 30 seconds no chance to install it but the exe works fine.

Thank you for this :adoration:

manfredc3
January 5th, 2015, 21:56
No problems downloading.

ce_zeta
January 6th, 2015, 02:04
Usually Avast have false positives with PTexecutables. Download with confidence.

flaviossa
January 6th, 2015, 02:15
No vírus here too, but um having trouble with missing gauges. One in pilot side and all of back engineering papel. Did a complete clean instal on FSX.

thunder100
January 6th, 2015, 02:48
Hmm

I get CTD upon loading the plane( can see it in preview-->so its in the panels).Although I used the installer there is something wrong in the panel's(looking for a non existing sound I guess) Anything known about that?

Thanks

Roland

Cees Donker
January 6th, 2015, 05:06
Is there a simple start-up? I'm not so good in the Russian language......

Cees

ce_zeta
January 6th, 2015, 05:50
Missing gauges was a problem with the first installer. Try again from the link provided in this post.

Uploaded to the Project Tupolev Official Repository.

Download here (http://files.protu-154.org/PT-154B2_FSX/PT_Tu-154B2_FSX_1_3.exe).

Sorry Cees, but It isn't available a simple start-up. Russians are hardcore simmers.

Cees Donker
January 6th, 2015, 06:06
Sorry Cees, but It isn't available a simple start-up. Russians are hardcore simmers.

LOL! Okay!

Cees

vl82m
January 6th, 2015, 08:38
Vlad, please, can you tell us, what are the new switches in the overhead? The new switches are in the position of the old Heat pitot switch. I suppose that they are part of the new PPD system but...I can't read what is labeled.

Hahaha....Well isn't only the Gromov livery...

Switches by the pitot and window heat switches? I must be wrong, because their Cyrillic labeling haven't changed in this release. Yes, the switches move independently now and are a bit bugged as they're not properly synchronized between 3D and 2D cockpit but that should be the only change. "PPD" or ППД is in fact the pitot heat control system and I assume you know the special procedure for operating the system prior to takeoff. I've double checked with a training book in front of me about what these particular switches do.

First time I loaded up the Gromov aircraft I did notice the inscription "Tu-154M" but was too lazy to double check and thought it was just a minor bug made by the developer. To my surprise when I went to double check that model is in fact of the Tu-154M and you can download sounds for the Tu-154M. But as the cockpit and performance is the one of the Tu-154B-2 it would be quite pointless. Let's hope Kirill might have some other surprise he can't tell us about and that this external model is just a prelude.

Old Tu-154M liveries from FS9 do not work. This is a separate model. With old Tu-154B-2 liveries from old FS9 you can however import with a little bit of work, not worth it because quality is much less :very_drunk:

ce_zeta
January 6th, 2015, 12:29
Switches by the pitot and window heat switches? I must be wrong, because their Cyrillic labeling haven't changed in this release. Yes, the switches move independently now and are a bit bugged as they're not properly synchronized between 3D and 2D cockpit but that should be the only change. "PPD" or ППД is in fact the pitot heat control system and I assume you know the special procedure for operating the system prior to takeoff. I've double checked with a training book in front of me about what these particular switches do.

First time I loaded up the Gromov aircraft I did notice the inscription "Tu-154M" but was too lazy to double check and thought it was just a minor bug made by the developer. To my surprise when I went to double check that model is in fact of the Tu-154M and you can download sounds for the Tu-154M. But as the cockpit and performance is the one of the Tu-154B-2 it would be quite pointless. Let's hope Kirill might have some other surprise he can't tell us about and that this external model is just a prelude.

Old Tu-154M liveries from FS9 do not work. This is a separate model. With old Tu-154B-2 liveries from old FS9 you can however import with a little bit of work, not worth it because quality is much less :very_drunk:
It's weird...I don't remember the new PPD system, only the lonely switch in the lower right part of the overhead...:dizzy:

I think too, that the M 3D model is a teaser of an upcoming Full M version modelled. If I am right, the VC changes are only in the Engineer's station.

About the liveries...The paintkit is the same, only we need an additional file called D30_T.

Here a B2 livery with the M model.

http://i.imgur.com/NdTFSrj.jpg

Fits perfectly to the M fuselage, only engines 1 and 3 which requires the D30_T file.

vl82m
January 6th, 2015, 12:55
It's weird...I don't remember the new PPD system, only the lonely switch in the lower right part of the overhead...:dizzy:

I think too, that the M 3D model is a teaser of an upcoming Full M version modelled. If I am right, the VC changes are only in the Engineer's station.

About the liveries...The paintkit is the same, only we need an additional file called D30_T.

Here a B2 livery with the M model.

Fits perfectly to the M fuselage, only engines 1 and 3 which requires the D30_T file.

Lower overhead not so crowded, which is the lonely right switch on the lower head part you are talking about?... The ventilators switch? The window heat switches and pitot heat switches remained at their locations, nothing changed. Under them, there is NDB/VOR select switches, and then the lonely ventilator switch. (Ventilator unfortunately not modeled). The difference is that the heating system is now upgraded and can support individual functions.

Compared to the crowded overhead of Tu-134, the Tu-154 is a breeze... much more spacier and comfortable, a true pilots aircraft. While I hope for a Tu-154M model too, making one would be extremely difficult as there is other changes in the VC not only engineer panels and overhead... Not to mention completely different performance, engines and some different instruments. Hard, but not impossible.

ce_zeta
January 6th, 2015, 13:37
Lower overhead not so crowded, which is the lonely right switch on the lower head part you are talking about?... The ventilators switch? The window heat switches and pitot heat switches remained at their locations, nothing changed. Under them, there is NDB/VOR select switches, and then the lonely ventilator switch. (Ventilator unfortunately not modeled). The difference is that the heating system is now upgraded and can support individual functions.
An Image better than thousand of words

From 2D panel.
http://i.imgur.com/xOCrUfS.jpg

vl82m
January 6th, 2015, 14:37
An Image better than thousand of words

From 2D panel.

My mistake, I did not realize these switches weren't included in previous versions... I'm too used to flying in the VC where they used to be some kind of dummies. Now, pitot heat operation is very important, switch on all of them but not until 3 minutes prior to take off, to prevent them from overheating. Turning them on before pushback is extremely not recommended. Window heat, turn on whenever you like... If you forget to turn on pitot, your airspeed indicator will freeze and indicate a speed of zero, if this happens while the plane is on autopilot and you're not paying good attention this would quickly end up in a serious air crash incident due to the followed behavior by the AP.

http://hostthenpost.com/uploads/12cfda098cfa4dcc119d02476b6c2c20.jpg[/url]

And here on VC

http://hostthenpost.com/uploads/6e5e95eab96c76c988f6c28bbd2fcf9d.png[/url]

Stefano Zibell
January 6th, 2015, 18:42
Tested and working fine on FSX Steam Edition. If anyone is having problems, try going to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces

And install ALL 3 SimConnect interfaces. Solved most of my issues.

ce_zeta
January 7th, 2015, 00:29
Thank you Vlad.

Well Kirill Said that the M model will not be developed at this moment. The external model is only a gift.
Only 2 developers are working on this project.

Lewis-A2A
January 7th, 2015, 04:06
Fascinating aircraft simulation, I think immersion is up just because its a little known one over here in the West. :ernaehrung004:

vl82m
January 7th, 2015, 11:30
Alternate VC textures:

http://www.avsim.su/f/fsx-aircraft-liveries-and-textures-78/virtual-cockpit-textures-modification-for-project-tupolev-tu-154b-2-fsx-by-frost-version-2-0-53126.html

SeanTK
January 7th, 2015, 13:54
Fascinating aircraft simulation, I think immersion is up just because its a little known one over here in the West. :ernaehrung004:

Certainly is, and it's nice to see a renowned, highly accomplished payware developer recognize this freeware contribution. I think what makes this addon even more impressive is that the team consists of only two people! A complex, Soviet jetliner (system simulation) created by two people...wow!

flaviossa
January 8th, 2015, 11:49
Hello guys, i download and installed this great plane to study it, but i´m facing this problem:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/01/08/zWSFa.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/01/08/RtVOf.jpg

For me, the first suspicious thing is that i´m trying to use it with FSX Steam Edition. Does anybody knows about incompatibility with this version? I already installed the old FSX sinconnect version.
I had the previous version of the plane 1.2 and it worked ok in FSX MS (The old one)

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks :encouragement:

ce_zeta
January 8th, 2015, 12:42
Looks like a bad installation.

Try to reinstall. If it's not solved, download again the exe.

flaviossa
January 8th, 2015, 13:31
Did a new download and the SRC is the same as the installer i tried before. Did a complete clean of the files (Comparing with a instalation i did in a temp folder), installed again with no errors. Started FSX SE with hope in my face, give the permissions to all the gauges, clicked "fly" and....... the same. :dizzy:

Here are the gauges that asked for permission and i gave:

xx:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\simobjects\airplane s\Tu-154B-2\gauges.Shared\pnk_154b2x_1_3.DLL.ikrhanuwabqbtin iotnrtiaiqhruohhahlzlechk=2
xx:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\simobjects\airplane s\Tu-154B-2\gauges.Shared\es_154b2x_1_3.DLL.reorewozuhbnceak zzobqltkwqelwqbnewlbcahw=2
xx:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\simobjects\airplane s\Tu-154B-2\gauges.Shared\154_B2_CP2.GAU.natokwicuwonieerihi riqkzwwcqeiiwtrwzulrw=2
xx:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\simobjects\airplane s\Tu-154B-2\gauges.Shared\STT_Tu154_t2_V1_0.GAU.lzaheuacitck ralbickicknboqwoklrabnwtnrzb=2
xx:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\simobjects\airplane s\Tu-154B-2\gauges.Shared\STT_Tu154_PanServ_V1.GAU.etwciluca echnziwtuitaknkkecurqzcqocblznk=2
xx:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\GAUGES\STT_ClockX_3 _0.DLL.wtqwaoznaburhnwluqbcctcnozuzezlerianzczz=2
xx:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\simobjects\airplane s\Tu-154B-2\gauges.Shared\STT_I21X_N1_1_08.DLL.ezetkoaozqnco hlibceoqltwklzlriiahrucbwzn=2
xx:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\GAUGES\STT_RP_TCAS_ X_1_0.DLL.crqweqcwtzhboozawlbizbqihnlnrqoowbwwuczk =2
xx:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\GAUGES\kln90b.DLL.a ezwuatthzacncieckqhuhowriqnzhkkhcnttlrc=2

Any other suggestion will be great. Thanks!

Stefano Zibell
January 8th, 2015, 18:26
See my post on the first page, you actually need to install all 3 (three) versions of simconnect provided. Also, you need FSUIPC version 4.938a or superior. Link here (http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/).

Good luck.

Edit: Actually, you may try UNinstalling the simconnect version that comes with FSX:SE in such a way that the ONLY simconnect versions installed on your PC are the legacy ones.

ce_zeta
January 9th, 2015, 00:10
Also, remember that this complex simulation requires a gauge initialization in 2D.
In settings, set Defaulft cokpit view to "2D instrument panel".

flaviossa
January 9th, 2015, 05:23
Hello! First i thanks a lot to ce_zeta and Stefano Zibell. Their suggestions hit the spot! Precisely what is concern in sinconnect packages. Installed them and it did the trick.
What a great comunity we have here. Thanks!
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/01/09/Fa5Ls.jpg

Second, the TCAS gauge insists in not turn on. In the "90 modern wide panel". I think it´s "disabled" yet, correct?
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/01/09/BwXrp.jpg

I remember the TCAS was a problematic gauge in the previous versions too. Any detail to make it works? :encouragement:

vl82m
January 9th, 2015, 06:07
TCAS left and right power switches and processor switches in overhead on?

ce_zeta
January 10th, 2015, 04:13
Great Flavio!

Well,developers said in avsim.su that they are working in a patch to correct some bugs (CTD and copilot airspeed indicator for example).

vl82m
January 10th, 2015, 05:57
It's the MSVCR90.DLL crash that they have found the cause, and will fix it. This crash happens mostly with Russian operating systems but I believe maybe some of our western friends also suffer from it. I have bug and will wait for patch.

Every update of this aircraft seems to be buggy but is thankfully fixed in the coming weeks... And it's free! Much better "customer service" than many of the payware developers who release broken products later to not give a damn about the customers.

ce_zeta
January 13th, 2015, 09:37
Weeks? days Bro!!!

Patch 1.3.1 was released today.

As usual, you can download the patch from Google Drive. Soon from the Project Tupolev Repository.

Not Independent version! You need to install 1.3 first!

1. Fixed Revers animation on 85317.
2. fixed msvcr90.dll crash.
3. updated baro system (PPD) algorithm.
4. fixed "KLN under the panel" bug.
5. fixed bug with TCAS light at night.
7. added missing beacon on 85317 .
8. fixed 2p Speed indicator functioning.
9. Fixed SPU switch.
10. Experimental aircraft VC bugs corrected.
11. Added D30KU-154 Sounds

Download from here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B58IRtSDv8WIMi1DQ09rWFlac2c/view?usp=sharing) (Google Drive)
An when it's ready, from the Official repository of Project Tupolev:
http://files.protu-154.org/

ceo1944
January 13th, 2015, 10:26
Hi Folks!

Project Tupolev strikes again!!!

Release Note from Kirill:

Enjoy!!

Thank you so much for this! I always love high-quality freeware made with passion and this fits the bill.

Mainly, I want to thank Project Tupolev for putting the source code to the KLN90B in the public domain!

I did a compilation last night with no problems. I intend, as time allows, to make some fixes and improvements to it. I'll be glad to share them. Just no promises on when as I'm deep into another development project right now. But I love the KLN90B, and I'm sure I'll find time to tinker some with this one.

Thanks again!
Dutch

vl82m
January 13th, 2015, 12:03
Thank you so much for this! I always love high-quality freeware made with passion and this fits the bill.

Mainly, I want to thank Project Tupolev for putting the source code to the KLN90B in the public domain!

I did a compilation last night with no problems. I intend, as time allows, to make some fixes and improvements to it. I'll be glad to share them. Just no promises on when as I'm deep into another development project right now. But I love the KLN90B, and I'm sure I'll find time to tinker some with this one.

Thanks again!
Dutch

What kind of improvements? Many people tried, it's hard somehow but not impossible. However the developer Kirill isn't particularly interested in the KLN90 or any GPS himself so I guess it's up to the community to work on that device. Navigation with I-21 INS or the Soviet NVU system is generally more stable and less prone to CTDs currently.

ce_zeta
January 13th, 2015, 13:29

Thanks again!
Dutch
Great news Dutch!
I hope that you can fix the PT KLN90B. I love too the KLN.

Vlad, Kirill and Grei have enough workload and the KLN isn't critical for the Tushka.
The PT KLN is very interesting for the entire community.

ceo1944
January 13th, 2015, 17:01
What kind of improvements? Many people tried, it's hard somehow but not impossible. However the developer Kirill isn't particularly interested in the KLN90 or any GPS himself so I guess it's up to the community to work on that device. Navigation with I-21 INS or the Soviet NVU system is generally more stable and less prone to CTDs currently.

I can't promise miracles, but I am an experienced c++ gauge programmer, and what I see in there so far doesn't scare me too bad.

Basically in order of priority:
1. Move the text up so the last line doesn't get chopped off.
2. Make the AP heading actually work by fixing the wrong calculation of DTK.
3. Clean up some of the screen artifacts that get stuck on the divider lines.
4. Get a clearer, cleaner background image of the KLN90B.
5. Make a hidden click spot to load the FS flight plan to page zero and get rid of the add-on menu.
6. Use the FSX NAV/GPS switch/signal to decide whether to drive the AP heading from the KLN90B.
7. Add the ILS frequencies to the airport page 4 list.
8. Implement the ALT button.

And some basic documentation. Does any exist now? Operating this thing is not intuitive. I know we have the real KLN90B manual but that' doesn't say anything about how to turn the knobs on the simulated version, and it's not obvious that right-clicks turn the outer knob while the mouse wheel does the inner one. For the first few weeks I just thought it was hopelessly buggy!

Anything else anyone interested would like to see?

Dutch

vl82m
January 14th, 2015, 02:03
I can't promise miracles, but I am an experienced c++ gauge programmer, and what I see in there so far doesn't scare me too bad.

Basically in order of priority:
1. Move the text up so the last line doesn't get chopped off.
2. Make the AP heading actually work by fixing the wrong calculation of DTK.
3. Clean up some of the screen artifacts that get stuck on the divider lines.
4. Get a clearer, cleaner background image of the KLN90B.
5. Make a hidden click spot to load the FS flight plan to page zero and get rid of the add-on menu.
6. Use the FSX NAV/GPS switch/signal to decide whether to drive the AP heading from the KLN90B.
7. Add the ILS frequencies to the airport page 4 list.
8. Implement the ALT button.

And some basic documentation. Does any exist now? Operating this thing is not intuitive. I know we have the real KLN90B manual but that' doesn't say anything about how to turn the knobs on the simulated version, and it's not obvious that right-clicks turn the outer knob while the mouse wheel does the inner one. For the first few weeks I just thought it was hopelessly buggy!

Anything else anyone interested would like to see?

Dutch

In the Tu-154 the NAV/GPS switch is in fact NVU-INS-SNS (of which SNS is the KLN-90B). If you want to couple the AP to the KLN90B, just put the switch on the SNS position and the AP will follow the KLN, then if you want to disconnect the KLN from AP, just set the AP switch to the other navigation systems position. NAV (VOR, ILS) systems are independant, but can also be coupled to the AP. So this small switch was a little bit more complicated in the Tupolev but thankfully the system already implemented.

The dropdown from menu to load a flightplan isn't that much of a trouble, usually problems come from outdated airacs as it may skip waypoints. However it would be a convenience to load flightplans directly from the KLN rather than the menu. And what kind of manual? I have not found a trainer so far. How to turn knobs maybe you could check some youtube videos where you can see how they turn them. Project Tupolev is not the only KLN90 in FSX as I believe Aerosoft also has one. But the aerosoft one has completely different "button clicking" logic it was hard to get used by that one.

One feature I believe would have a huge advantage is the KLN90 as a 3D model that can be used from VC. A 3d open source model of the KLN was also uploaded to avsim.su.

ceo1944
January 14th, 2015, 07:06
In the Tu-154 the NAV/GPS switch is in fact NVU-INS-SNS (of which SNS is the KLN-90B). If you want to couple the AP to the KLN90B, just put the switch on the SNS position and the AP will follow the KLN, then if you want to disconnect the KLN from AP, just set the AP switch to the other navigation systems position. NAV (VOR, ILS) systems are independant, but can also be coupled to the AP. So this small switch was a little bit more complicated in the Tupolev but thankfully the system already implemented.

The dropdown from menu to load a flightplan isn't that much of a trouble, usually problems come from outdated airacs as it may skip waypoints. However it would be a convenience to load flightplans directly from the KLN rather than the menu. And what kind of manual? I have not found a trainer so far. How to turn knobs maybe you could check some youtube videos where you can see how they turn them. Project Tupolev is not the only KLN90 in FSX as I believe Aerosoft also has one. But the aerosoft one has completely different "button clicking" logic it was hard to get used by that one.

One feature I believe would have a huge advantage is the KLN90 as a 3D model that can be used from VC. A 3d open source model of the KLN was also uploaded to avsim.su.

I can confirm #1 is fixed as of today. I'm working on #2, but that won't be quite so easy.

My initial goal here is to fix the showstopper bugs in the 2D version, and make some small changes so that it can be a useful device in any airplane.

It just needs a small manual or README that will explain to a new user how to manipulate the controls on it, and how to update the nav data, to reduce frustration. That can point to the official KLN90B manual which will explains pretty clearly how to actually use the device. That's available on the web here: http://www.bendixking.com/HWL/media/Pilot-Guides/006-08773-0000_1.pdf

I will work on that too. As time allows.

I'll also set up a section on the FSCaptain forums devoted to this so that interested parties can take further discussion out of this thread :)

Dutch

vl82m
January 14th, 2015, 07:42
I can confirm #1 is fixed as of today. I'm working on #2, but that won't be quite so easy.

My initial goal here is to fix the showstopper bugs in the 2D version, and make some small changes so that it can be a useful device in any airplane.

It just needs a small manual or README that will explain to a new user how to manipulate the controls on it, and how to update the nav data, to reduce frustration. That can point to the official KLN90B manual which will explains pretty clearly how to actually use the device. That's available on the web here: http://www.bendixking.com/HWL/media/Pilot-Guides/006-08773-0000_1.pdf

I will work on that too. As time allows.

I'll also set up a section on the FSCaptain forums devoted to this so that interested parties can take further discussion out of this thread :)

Dutch

It is nice to hear something at least is gone, of course some of them won't be easy. However to catch interesting parties I would recommend creating topics on english section avsim.su (CIS), and the fsdeveloper forums as more likely another programmer will stumble upon in and provide help and work to speed up process. I believe many people on avsim.su are interested because almost the whole Russian community is familiar with this device and is used not only on Tu-154, but also An-24, Il-76, An-12...

On this manual for FS9 there is a section describing the KLN90B use with buttons etc and how to use the device in flight simulator. It's the same KLN that's been exported to FSX.

https://yadi.sk/i/q9G79Ve8dyKQ4

ce_zeta
January 14th, 2015, 13:56
Great list Dutch. Thanks for your effort.

About the AP link, the source code contain the code of the KLN link with the Tu-154 AP (ABSU)?

familton
January 14th, 2015, 21:38
Getting a message from Avast anti-virus saying it terminated the download and blocked a Trojan virus. Is anyone else getting a message from their AV program, or is this a false positive?

I got that the first time I downloaded it with AVAST. I tried again and it downloaded OK. Bob.

familton
January 14th, 2015, 22:10
Is this version 1.3 supposed to be a standalone aircraft? There is no .air file and it doesn't show up in the Aircraft Select window at all. Bob.

vl82m
January 15th, 2015, 05:33
Is this version 1.3 supposed to be a standalone aircraft? There is no .air file and it doesn't show up in the Aircraft Select window at all. Bob.

Version 1.3 is standalone version, but the latter update is not. Are you sure that you didn't install only the update but not the aircraft?

ceo1944
January 15th, 2015, 06:45
Great list Dutch. Thanks for your effort.

About the AP link, the source code contain the code of the KLN link with the Tu-154 AP (ABSU)?

I have now gotten #2 and #3 done. The gauge looks much better and will even fly the flight plan for you!

Further discussion can be done over on FSDeveloper at : http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/pt-kln90b-thread.432761/

A link to a downloadable version of the fixed gauge (a work in progress and a BETA, you are warned) can be found there.

Dutch

I don't know about the Tu-154 AP link. I will look around for it. Talk to me on FSDeveloper.

ce_zeta
January 15th, 2015, 07:45
Familton, if you installed v1.3 try to download again. As vl82m said v1.3 is standalone (I checked few minutes ago, and looks right).

Wow, amazing job Dutch. When the work is done with Passion, barriers don't exist.

vl82m
January 15th, 2015, 08:48
I have now gotten #2 and #3 done. The gauge looks much better and will even fly the flight plan for you!

Further discussion can be done over on FSDeveloper at : http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/pt-kln90b-thread.432761/

A link to a downloadable version of the fixed gauge (a work in progress and a BETA, you are warned) can be found there.

Dutch

I don't know about the Tu-154 AP link. I will look around for it. Talk to me on FSDeveloper.

Thanks, I will test it on a flight this evening and see how it goes. Updated airac for KLN is available here: http://www.avsim.su/f/dlya-pilotov-19/cikl-1501-dlya-kln90b-ot-project-tupolev-55689.html

As a warning to everyone, despite the Project Tupolev KLN have SID/STARs available I do not suggest anybody to use them! Use radio navigation for these procedures or if RNAV only approaches put waypoint to waypoint manually! The SID/STARs processed automatically for the KLN are buggy and may skip waypoints or display the waypoints too close to each other or in a completely wrong location. Getting lost during a STAR with no charts or frequencies would be really annoying...

familton
January 15th, 2015, 09:22
Version 1.3 is standalone version, but the latter update is not. Are you sure that you didn't install only the update but not the aircraft?

The file I downloaded is PT_TU-154B2_1_3_1.exe. The properties are 66,512,427 bytes.

The .air file is not in the download. I don't know if this is supposed to be the complete plane or not. There are missing sub gauges inside of several of the cab files and two gauges that are missing completely. I doubt that a bad download would cause these errors. Bob.

ncooper
January 15th, 2015, 09:32
You have indeed downloaded the update.
You need the file named PT_Tu-154B2_FSX_1_3.exe.
227 mb.

The clue to the version is in the file name.
Version 1.3 is 1_3, version 2 was 1_2 etc.
If there is a third number, then it's an update,
_1 = first update, _2 = 2nd update etc.

Nick.

familton
January 15th, 2015, 10:39
Hi. OK. Thanks. Where do I get that file? Is it the complete airplane? Can I delete the one I have? Bob.

ncooper
January 15th, 2015, 10:49
http://files.protu-154.org/PT-154B2_FSX/PT_Tu-154B2_FSX_1_3.exe

Keep your downloaded patch and when you have downloaded and installed the full aircraft,
then run the patch to update it to the latest version.

Nick.

familton
January 15th, 2015, 10:54
Thanks but AVAST gives me an error and it will not download. I am giving up and deleting the plane. Bob.

flaviossa
January 15th, 2015, 12:00
I have avast (Pay version) here too, but no error message when downloading or installing. Instaled the plane + update and having a hard time trying to proper use it :biggrin-new:

vl82m
January 15th, 2015, 12:18
Just uninstall these annoying antiviruses... I'm glad I never have run an anti-virus in 5 years now and only had a problem once, removed virus manually. Anti-viruses are nothing but a scam decided to trick people who think it's dangerous to not have one... Uninstall them, less trouble, less false positives, and a faster computer.

ncooper
January 15th, 2015, 13:13
Thanks but AVAST gives me an error and it will not download. I am giving up and deleting the plane. Bob.

It's probably for the best, there is a lot to learn once you have it.
CTRL+E doesn't work and after having a version of this truly
excellent aircraft model for several years, I can say I have learnt
about 5% of what is needed to operate it correctly.:crushed:

I also agree with vl82m, my experiences with anti virus software
have so far caused me far more problems than a virus would have.

Nick.

Stefano Zibell
January 15th, 2015, 13:14
Just uninstall these annoying antiviruses... I'm glad I never have run an anti-virus in 5 years now and only had a problem once, removed virus manually. Anti-viruses are nothing but a scam decided to trick people who think it's dangerous to not have one... Uninstall them, less trouble, less false positives, and a faster computer.

I tend to agree with that, plus the fact that if you're running windows 8/8.1, you already have windows defender, there's no point having another, much less spending money on one.

If you have windows 7 and feel insecure not having an antivirus, just get a free version of AVG or bitdefender and you're set.

familton
January 15th, 2015, 13:38
Thanks all. I have deleted the plane. I don't know any Russian and with all the hastle it's not worth it. Bob.

SeanTK
January 15th, 2015, 14:37
Avast throws a warning due to the inclusion of an HTML file going to PT's webpage, which at one time many months ago may have been under attack, but has since been resolved. There are no other issues with the files or aircraft. I turned my Avast off while downloading, then scanned the file to see what the issue was prior to unzipping.
Also please note that the aircraft does include a lengthy English-language flight manual, and that knowing Russian is not a prerequisite. I don't speak Russian, and I fly the plane...

familton
January 15th, 2015, 15:59
Hi. OK. Thanks. I have already deleted it. Regards, Bob.

vl82m
January 15th, 2015, 16:02
You have repeated 3 times you have deleted the aircraft. I'm now beginning to take it as an insult to our heritage and Russian workmanship as the Tupolev 154 is the heart of local commercial aviation.

SeanTK
January 15th, 2015, 16:54
You have repeated 3 times you have deleted the aircraft. I'm now beginning to take it as an insult to our heritage and Russian workmanship as the Tupolev 154 is the heart of local commercial aviation.

Don't worry about it this time and have the thread spin out of control. Multiple people here who are both connected to Russian aviation and have a Russian heritage (such as yourself), as well as those who simply have an interest in a foreign aircraft type (such as myself) have attempted to provide clear guidance, and if anyone passing by doesn't want to try it out for whatever reason, that's their loss. There are other members here (and more members elsewhere) who enjoy the learning process and are willing to try it...

familton
January 15th, 2015, 18:25

I am sorry you think I have offended you. I am sure from what the other users have said here, and elsewhere and the reviews that it is a great plane. I did not mean it as an insult, nor did I mean it as an insult to your heritage. After my first post that I was deleting it I kept getting replies as to how to make it work with AVAST. Please accept my apologies if there was any misinterpretation of my posts. Regards, Bob.

vl82m
January 17th, 2015, 10:49
I am sorry you think I have offended you. I am sure from what the other users have said here, and elsewhere and the reviews that it is a great plane. I did not mean it as an insult, nor did I mean it as an insult to your heritage. After my first post that I was deleting it I kept getting replies as to how to make it work with AVAST. Please accept my apologies if there was any misinterpretation of my posts. Regards, Bob.

No worries, I misunderstood. At least we have helpful community willing to help with all sorts of trouble, including the complicated ones.

familton
January 17th, 2015, 11:20
HI. OK. Good luck with your great plane. Bob.

vl82m
January 20th, 2015, 07:53
High quality liveries for Tu-154B-2. http://rdart.ru/files

rjoosterloo
January 21st, 2015, 03:59
As a warning to everyone, despite the Project Tupolev KLN have SID/STARs available I do not suggest anybody to use them! Use radio navigation for these procedures or if RNAV only approaches put waypoint to waypoint manually! The SID/STARs processed automatically for the KLN are buggy and may skip waypoints or display the waypoints too close to each other or in a completely wrong location. Getting lost during a STAR with no charts or frequencies would be really annoying...

I do use the SID/STAR functionality of the KLN. It has some bugs, but I think I have met most of them and work my way around them. Some bugs I have seen are:

- The KLN (also the real unit I believe) has a maximum of 30 waypoints. If you select a SID or STAR and the number of waypoints will be more than 30, it will mess up the whole flight plan.
- If you select a SID and the last waypoint of the SID was the 2nd waypoint in the flight plan (after the departure airport), this waypoint will be in the flight plan twice and the AP might start to fly in circles as it wants to fly between these 2 the same waypoints.
- After selecting a STAR the distance between the waypoints of the STAR are calculated incorrectly, even though it flies the STAR correct and without problems.
- Sometimes after selecting a STAR, the last waypoint before the arrival airport is a waypoint without a name. When you then approach this waypoint, the KLN crashes.

Despite these problems, I use the KLN all the time. So any enhancements/fixes for the unit are most welcome :applause:

vl82m
January 21st, 2015, 04:55
I do use the SID/STAR functionality of the KLN. It has some bugs, but I think I have met most of them and work my way around them. Some bugs I have seen are:

- The KLN (also the real unit I believe) has a maximum of 30 waypoints. If you select a SID or STAR and the number of waypoints will be more than 30, it will mess up the whole flight plan.
- If you select a SID and the last waypoint of the SID was the 2nd waypoint in the flight plan (after the departure airport), this waypoint will be in the flight plan twice and the AP might start to fly in circles as it wants to fly between these 2 the same waypoints.
- After selecting a STAR the distance between the waypoints of the STAR are calculated incorrectly, even though it flies the STAR correct and without problems.
- Sometimes after selecting a STAR, the last waypoint before the arrival airport is a waypoint without a name. When you then approach this waypoint, the KLN crashes.

Despite these problems, I use the KLN all the time. So any enhancements/fixes for the unit are most welcome :applause:

I know these shortcomings, when I was a newbie some years ago I always flew with the KLN on the older Tu-154M for FS9. However you had to plan which STAR from KLN beforehand and for Russia this was a huge problem, as some of the terminal procedures were over 10 years old! This basically resulted in my flying procedures which were simple but old fashioned from the 90s, right after the collapse (Soviet Union didn't have these kind of procedures) meaning that it frequently pissed off controllers online at vatsim. Also you never know if the SID/STAR for your particular is going to work, the craziest I've seen was an STAR in Vilnius, waypoints leading all over the place to different directions! Long story short for realistic passenger operations it would be unsafe to use this device as potentially you won't know if you're gonna make it or not. If you only fly between known airports where you know the SID/STARs already and you know they work in the KLN, then that is a different story. It's all about memory.

The virtual NVU navigator also can only store a maximum of 30 waypoints but this is not a limitation of the Soviet system, rather if your flight plan has more than 30 waypoints you add them yourself to the NVU manually later on. It's not usual to fly such many waypoints with NVU system as in the Soviet Union the aircraft flew the great circle route from arrival to departure with this system (hence the name orthodromic navigation). Then we have the I-21 INS, it's more stable than KLN, you should use it.

Here is development thread further modifications KLN: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/pt-kln90b-thread.432761/page-3

Flying on the Tu-154 has never been easy, yet it is a pilots friend and will be like riding a bike once you know your plane. Just fire up the 70s model, fly the old crazy aeroflot routes using radar navigation during SID/STARs and navigation with the NVU enroute. Trust me, you'll never be bored because you'll have a lot to do onboard, all sorts of things :) What they did (in the 80s) was navigating trough NVU in the Soviet Union correcting with RSBN navaids, then flying VOR/NDBs in western territory.

ce_zeta
January 21st, 2015, 07:03
High quality liveries for Tu-154B-2. http://rdart.ru/files
Interesting link, thanks vl82m.

At this moment, The better option is fly SID/STARs in manual mode.
More fun!

rjoosterloo
January 21st, 2015, 22:43
The virtual NVU navigator also can only store a maximum of 30 waypoints but this is not a limitation of the Soviet system, rather if your flight plan has more than 30 waypoints you add them yourself to the NVU manually later on. It's not usual to fly such many waypoints with NVU system as in the Soviet Union the aircraft flew the great circle route from arrival to departure with this system (hence the name orthodromic navigation). Then we have the I-21 INS, it's more stable than KLN, you should use it.

Here is development thread further modifications KLN: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/pt-kln90b-thread.432761/page-3

Flying on the Tu-154 has never been easy, yet it is a pilots friend and will be like riding a bike once you know your plane. Just fire up the 70s model, fly the old crazy aeroflot routes using radar navigation during SID/STARs and navigation with the NVU enroute. Trust me, you'll never be bored because you'll have a lot to do onboard, all sorts of things :) What they did (in the 80s) was navigating trough NVU in the Soviet Union correcting with RSBN navaids, then flying VOR/NDBs in western territory.

To be honest I haven't tried the I-21 INS yet. I like the flexibility that the KLN gives me as I am a Vatsim flier as well. And you never know what those controllers will throw at you :-) And many SIDs and STARs in Europe use RNAV waypoints anyway. But I should give the I-21 INS a try as well.

And thanks for that link! I will try that new and improved KLN. Wonderful to see someone has picked up further development of this great unit after all these years.

vl82m
January 22nd, 2015, 06:30
To be honest I haven't tried the I-21 INS yet. I like the flexibility that the KLN gives me as I am a Vatsim flier as well. And you never know what those controllers will throw at you :-) And many SIDs and STARs in Europe use RNAV waypoints anyway. But I should give the I-21 INS a try as well.

And thanks for that link! I will try that new and improved KLN. Wonderful to see someone has picked up further development of this great unit after all these years.

Yes, it's the reason why I often have trouble with the 70s version on vatsim. Even though the NVU navigation system is capable of advanced RNAV operations it is a burden to do so due to the necessary calculations and course inputs, distance inputs, corrections, RSBN channels... It takes a lot of time to add a new waypoint not in flightplan or to go direct to waypoint and you have to calculate these before hand as they are lenghty calculations which the navigator did in real life, controllers do not understand that. However it helps to put in your remarks "please no direct-to". I-21 INS is able to do these advanced RNAV procedures but without the burden of entries you must make on the NVU, instead on the I-21 you just enter the coordinates and can go direct to waypoint with just a few clicks. It's almost like a GPS.

If things get heated you can always ask for radar vectors, although then they stop responding...