PDA

View Full Version : Paying the bills

Roger
December 31st, 2014, 15:27
Hi All,

Today we start our 2015 Charter Membership Drive, to pay the bills for the coming new year. The size of our library has doubled since last year and we also hope to replace one of our servers, so please dig as deep as you feel able and give what you can.

We have a great and loyal membership here, well respected by all and with your good graces we will continue for another year.

All the best for the New Year!

Roger and all the SOH staff.

Anthin
December 31st, 2014, 19:01
Have donated the best I can at the moment. The
OZ Dollar is worth crap at the moment so it is not as
much as I would like to give you. Sorry. Oz Dollar worth
about 81 cents, to US. Another bit in a couple of weeks.

Anthin.

ejoiner
December 31st, 2014, 19:37
Hi All,

Today we start our 2015 Charter Membership Drive, to pay the bills for the coming new year. The size of our library has doubled since last year and we also hope to replace one of our servers, so please dig as deep as you feel able and give what you can.

We have a great and loyal membership here, well respected by all and with your good graces we will continue for another year.

I was pleased to donate immediately. I enjoy this community and the hard work you guys put into this.

Thanks.

Eric

Allen
December 31st, 2014, 20:38
Hi All,

Doubled.... Wow....:dizzy:

grunau_baby
January 1st, 2015, 05:57
On itīs way!!! Keep it rolling!

BTW: Happy New Year:wavey:

Penzoil3
January 3rd, 2015, 19:43
In for a little. Can;t spend what I used to, as a widow.
Sue

AussieMan
January 10th, 2015, 13:23
Pension in the bank and bills paid. Donation made.

Odie
January 11th, 2015, 14:25
Donation of a few sheckles made. Will hit it again next payday. This is a such a great site and chock full of great folks that supporting it is a pleasure!

Milton Shupe
January 11th, 2015, 14:52
Thanks everyone for your continued support. We understand that people must wait until pay day to help out and some can give more than others. No problem; we all do what we can when we can. It's all very much appreciated. We have a little time to meet the goal and a lot of time to enjoy the benefits. :-) I got my first installment in and will hit it again at the end of the month. :wavey:

Blackbird686
January 12th, 2015, 09:08
Sent my bit in a week or so ago. I don't post much any more but I still consider SOH home, the best FS site and the ONLY one I contribute to. I might have another shot in the arm for y'all after the end of the month.

BB686:US-flag:

fnkybnch
January 12th, 2015, 14:19
Mine is on its way via snail mail!

(The snails seem to move a little faster than they used to!:adoration:)

limjack
January 12th, 2015, 15:39
I look forward to giving $$ as soon as my credit card cycles through this week.

Jim

Daveroo
January 12th, 2015, 18:15
will it stay open until the money needed is gathered,or met?..if so after feb 3rd ill give more,it seems to be very slow this year,meaning..slow to gather the moolah

Penzoil3
February 3rd, 2015, 14:32
Hi guys, and gals;
Got my tax return, so I threw another $20 into the pot.
LOL
Sue

Roger
February 9th, 2015, 09:12
Well, with some wheeler dealing Ickie's managed to get what we need to keep the site going for another year!

Many thanks to all who donated:applause::applause:

MaskRider
February 9th, 2015, 11:57
In terms of $s, whats the difference between the deal toward which we had raised 85% and the new deal? What changed?

MR

Ickie
February 9th, 2015, 12:59
here is the poo
our old company layered tech sold out a few months ago to another company called datapipe.
I was getting a 20% discount from layered tech which I do not get from datapipe. They also raised their prices on everything.

I spent several weeks contacting other companies to host us but found the price of bandwidth is the same everywhere.
LOL everyone made their companies sound like heaven but we all know the gold is really painted silver.

the 100% amount was for a new server this year, but time ran out on me to do this so this morning I struck a deal with the new company datapipe and made the arrangements to pay them for another year.

Ickie
February 9th, 2015, 13:17
the good news is everything is now paid

KellyB
February 9th, 2015, 13:44
Great work, as usual, Ickie.

Thanks for all you do there.

Anthin
February 9th, 2015, 14:20
Great news Ickie.

Regards Anthin.:jump:

MaskRider
February 9th, 2015, 18:57
Thanks for the info, Ickie. Sounds great. Thanks so very much for all of the work you put in keeping this great website up and running for all of us.

Cheers,
MR