PDA

View Full Version : MTO revamp

highpockets
December 28th, 2014, 13:29
Anyone have any recommendations on splitting the MTO into two different installs and using the various missions now available. I already have two set up. One with Rami's Western Desert only and another with Malta Spitfire. Trying to decide which set of missions to go where--or if it matters. Got lots to choose from from Greece to Italy and beyond! :untroubled:

Rami
December 28th, 2014, 16:08
Highpockets,

This is a good idea, in theory. It would work about 85%. If you were to use your idea, what I would suggest is using the end of Sander's mesh (essentially, southeast of Trieste) as your starting point.

If you created an exclusively "Eastern Med" install, you would be able to install the following...

Operation Exporter (Skylane's missions and mine)
Operation Marita
Hellas campaign
Defense of Greece (RAF)
Defense of Crete (RAF)
The Italian Dodecanese campaign

Likewise, if you installed a "Western Mediterranean / North African" installation, you would be able to install the following campaigns...

Italians in War (Sardinia)
Western Desert campaign
Malta Spitfire
Operation Pedestal
Operation Mezzagosto
Operation Juggler

The problem lies in the missions and campaigns which cross your theoretical hemispheres. These include...

The Fleet Air Arm campaign
The German Dodecanese campaign
Heinkels campaign
Beaus in the Sand campaign
RAF Vs Regia Aeroanutica campaign
Operation Tidal Wave

All of this third group cover areas in two or more hemispheres. (North Africa - Eastern Med - Western Med)

This is why I chose to have a "bright line" at the end of 1942 which separates my Early Mediterranean installation from my Late Mediterranean installation.

In the Early installation, I have the following...

Heinkels Mediterranean
Fleet Air Arm Mediterranean
Hellas campaign
Operation Marita
Operation Exporter
RAF Vs Regia Aeronautica
Italians in War
Western Desert - 1942
Malta Spitfire
Operation Pedestal
Operation Mezzagosto
Defense of Greece (RAF)
Defense of Crete (RAF)
The Dodecanese campaigns

In my Late Mediterranean installation, I have the following...

The Tuskegee Airmen (Though this covers the Western Mediterranean, Eastern Mediterranean, and Late Europe)
Operation Juggler
Operation Tidal Wave
Beaus in the Sand (missions seven through nineteen, missions one through six fall in the "early" installation)

highpockets
December 28th, 2014, 16:55
Thanks Rami!!
Exactly what I was looking for.:applause: