PDA

View Full Version : New Problem in FSX?

Rezabrya
January 26th, 2009, 17:52
I recently loaded up a flight in my brand new shiny Alphasim Blackhawk and i was flying at night in the spring with a major thunderstorm going on. Anyway i took off while battling the winds and lightning and rain. I got about 2 minutes in the flight and all of a sudden a pop up came up that said fsx must close and windows was checking for a solution to the problem. Needless to say i then closed FSX and restarted and tried to fly the same flight with the same plane but the same thing happened this and the next time. I am wondering why i keep getting errors. I can fly in normal weather fine but once i turn on that Stormy weather at night it likes to quit. I also have REX textures installed if that makes a difference at all. I would appreciate any input on this problem.

harleyman
January 26th, 2009, 18:24
Well...It sounds like the new addon may be a tad to hard on your rig...It may be sucking all you memory dry..

What are your system specs......

That is of coarse that it only happens with that new addon....

Rezabrya
January 26th, 2009, 18:29
well i have now tried with about 3 different planes and the AS blackhawk is the only one giving me problems. I have a evga gtx 260 core 216, a q9550 oc to 3.3 ghz. 8 gigs of ddr2 1066 ram. so my system should be able to handle this and like i said, it flies fine in the daytime. It flies perfect for about 2-5 minutes to at night but then it always crashes fsx.

d0mokun
January 26th, 2009, 18:47
There's no way a lack in power is causing that one, at least, the H60 isn't draining you of resources. It was developed on systems that pale in comparison to your specs and no CTD's were experienced during the various phases.

If you do want to lodge a tech support issue I'll of course be happy to help, but please do log it via the proper tech site.

BR
Dan.

harleyman
January 26th, 2009, 19:01
No doubt its not related to your specs......Good rig....:applause:

Thats an odd one...It hates the dark....

If noone else is having that problem with the bird I might investigate a vid driver fault of some kind... Shaders? Not real sure.........

Rezabrya
January 26th, 2009, 19:06
well thanks dan. I just reinstalledThe blackhawk package and installed all my true FSX paints. i have about 4 paints installed and they are all true fsx ones. I will fly it a bit and see if the problem persists. It wa sjust weird because it only happened in those weather conditions in the Blackhawk, no other planes.