PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR and P3D

roger-wilco-66
December 27th, 2014, 13:15
Hey,

I'm considerung getting the TrackIR 5 gadget. Any useres here with that combination? I gather that there had been some problems in the past because of faults and subsequent difficulties between LM and Natural Point. This is not to be intended be about blamestorming, I'd just like to know if we have some working setups here.

Cheers,
Mark

falcon409
December 27th, 2014, 13:27
All those early P3D glitches have been corrected Mark, it works perfectly with P3D now. You'll definitely enjoy your flights a lot more with the TrackIR system.

roger-wilco-66
December 27th, 2014, 13:40
Thanks for the comment, ED. You have version 5?

Cheers,
Mark

AussieMan
December 27th, 2014, 13:47
Mark, I have V5 and it works fine. Just check the Natural point site for updates. Can be done in the usual way when you start TrackIR.

Navy Chief
December 27th, 2014, 14:02
Some time back, I posted the question on how to get TrackIR and EZDOK to work with P3D. Never figured it out, and gave up:banghead:

modelr
December 27th, 2014, 14:53
Some time back, I posted the question on how to get TrackIR and EZDOK to work with P3D. Never figured it out, and gave up:banghead:

Chief, have you tried it lately? I ask because Natural Point and LM finally came to the required agreement and corrected the software problems. In V1, the v1.4 update fixed it, and all v2 systems work. My TrackIR v4 hardware with v5 software and updates works fine in both.

As for EZDOK I can't say, but I thought I had read that it now works. I could be wrong on that point.

Don H

Navy Chief
December 27th, 2014, 16:04
Chief, have you tried it lately? I ask because Natural Point and LM finally came to the required agreement and corrected the software problems. In V1, the v1.4 update fixed it, and all v2 systems work. My TrackIR v4 hardware with v5 software and updates works fine in both.

As for EZDOK I can't say, but I thought I had read that it now works. I could be wrong on that point.

Don H

Hi Don,

I didn't update my P3D to the most recent one yet. Was afraid it would mess things up? NC

modelr
December 29th, 2014, 05:31
Hi Don,

I didn't update my P3D to the most recent one yet. Was afraid it would mess things up? NC

You should update. Many fixes. I used the 2.4 patch and it worked fine, on my machine. Also, Natural Point's software was updated to work with P3D.

roger-wilco-66
December 29th, 2014, 05:51
Thanks for the tips! I'll keep an eye open for a good offer!

Cheers,
Mark

falcon409
December 29th, 2014, 06:43
Thanks for the comment, ED. You have version 5?
Cheers,
Mark
Sorry, missed these last few posts. Yes I have Ver. 5. . .also, you might check the TrackIR thread over on the FSX side. There is a profile mentioned there that you can pick up on the Natural Point Forums that works better than any one I've been able to get just setting it up myself. Very stable and smooth.

falcon409
December 29th, 2014, 06:48
Hi Don,
I concur with Don. . .the patch installed flawlessly and ver. 2.4 is great. I no longer have FS9 or FSX installed as there isn't anything better than P3D at this point. No blurries, no stutters, cloud shadows, self shadowing, water reflections, frame rates that are consistently high and smooth. . . .just an amazing experience now.

mikewmac
December 29th, 2014, 07:25
I also use TrackIR v5 with Seth's profile in Prepar3D v2.4 and it works beautifully. :applause:

It actually seems to be smoother (less jumpy) than in FSX, but of course Prepar3D v2.4 is much smoother than FSX in and of itself. :encouragement:

Navy Chief
January 17th, 2015, 04:47
Hmm, I see there is a NEW update for EZDOK, for it to work better in P3D!

May have to give this another go:encouragement: NC

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/ezca-1185-beta-available-for-download_topic51089.html

stovall
January 17th, 2015, 06:05
Sorry to be late to the party Mark. Bought TrackIR a few years back and seen it grow to a better addon every year. It works perfectly for me in both FSX and P3D v2.4. Some of my addon aircraft need the ability to look around the cockpit to find several switches. The Classic Hanger FW190 is one of these. The tank release lever is not visible for me without TrackIR. It is under the dash and with TrackIR it is easy to find. Recommend it highly.