PDA

View Full Version : tool tips do not work with dx10 on

clmooring
December 26th, 2014, 16:29
Tool tips do not appear in the VC when I use dx10. Is this a known problem and is there a fix?

Roger
December 26th, 2014, 16:41
Yes it is a known issue and most go from full screen to windowed (Alt - Enter) to read tool tips.

Naismith
December 26th, 2014, 23:13
Yes and don't forget to use "pseudo_full_screen" then you cannot tell the difference, except perhaps higher framerates. :encouragement:

clmooring
December 27th, 2014, 10:09
Yes and don't forget to use "pseudo_full_screen" then you cannot tell the difference, except perhaps higher framerates. :encouragement:

I am not familiar with the phrase "pseudo_full_screen"?

Naismith
December 27th, 2014, 10:54
pseudo_full_screen.zip at Avsim

JoeW
December 28th, 2014, 02:42
Tool tips don't work at all for me.

ncooper
December 28th, 2014, 03:05
Perhaps you need to switch them on then.
Settings\Display\Aircraft\Show cockpit Tooltips,
tick the box.

Nick

bk2000
December 31st, 2014, 10:38
When I right click on the desktop I see a small menu.
I hover the mouse pointer over "New" and click on "AutoHotkey Script".
Clicking on "Autohotkey Script" generates a file called "New AutoHotkey Script.ahk" and
puts it on the desktop.

From this point on, I do not grasp the instructions on the AutoHotkey website
for linking up to the "fullscreen.ahk" file in the "pseudo_full_sscreen.zip" folder.

I have tried several times to do this, but failed to get this to work for me.

I would appreciated any assistance you can give to me.
I hope you all have a Happy and positive New Year....:ernaehrung004:

Chunk
December 31st, 2014, 11:59
Have you read through the setup guide that Adam put together? Everything you need for tooltips is near the end of that manual. Including a link to a version of pseudo full screen that has everything you need in it. It's all in easy to understand instructions as well. Hope this helps!

Ron Attwood
December 31st, 2014, 13:19
Or, at the risk of being a miserable old git, learn your cockpit like a real pilot. No tool tips in real life. :biggrin-new: Seriously, I use DX10 and have long since forgotten what a tool tip is. You DO get used to it.
Happy New Year. :wavey:

bk2000
January 1st, 2015, 07:34
Have you read through the setup guide that Adam put together? Everything you need for tooltips is near the end of that manual. Including a link to a version of pseudo full screen that has everything you need in it. It's all in easy to understand instructions as well. Hope this helps!

Thank You, CHUCK. Paul J made a .exe file ready-to-go. I did find that, on my system, I have to 'Run as administrator'.
:applause:
......the manual's full name is: DX10 FIXER "HOW-TO-GUIDE"

odourboy
January 12th, 2015, 14:36
Or, at the risk of being a miserable old git, learn your cockpit like a real pilot. No tool tips in real life. :biggrin-new: Seriously, I use DX10 and have long since forgotten what a tool tip is. You DO get used to it.
Happy New Year. :wavey:

LOL! I'll second that sentiment. When I started simming with FSX, not knowing any better, I went straight to DX10 preview mode. It was probably a year later I finally decided, having never seen them, I should see what this 'tool tips' thing was that sometimes came up in the forums.

clmooring
January 31st, 2015, 08:59
I really appreciate the help I have received regarding dx10 onto his forum. But I need just a little more. I downloaded pseudo_full_screen and auto hot key. Tool tips work again and it improved frame rates. However I have one remaining problem now. FX10 keeps going to simulation paused. Any idea what in auto hot key and pseudo full screen would cause fsx10 to pause about every 20 seconds?...

Adamski_NZ
January 31st, 2015, 20:17
I really appreciate the help I have received regarding dx10 onto his forum. But I need just a little more. I downloaded pseudo_full_screen and auto hot key. Tool tips work again and it improved frame rates. However I have one remaining problem now. FX10 keeps going to simulation paused. Any idea what in auto hot key and pseudo full screen would cause fsx10 to pause about every 20 seconds?...

There's a setting in FSX somewhere called "pause on task switch" - have you tried that?

As to your pauses, it looks like some windowed settings may have "kicked in" - it seems like the generic stutter/pause you get if texture loading has become a problem (for whatever reason). Check your fsx.cfg for any window/full screen values and have a fiddle!

I've never used the pseudo full screen thing, as I find it generally easier to momentarily pop into windowed mode to view the tooltip info then back into regular full-screen mode.

BTW - I totally disagree with the "no tooltip" purists. In a real aircraft, you can easily squint at the guage(s) to read of course/heading values, but doing that quickly in a relatively poor quality VC in a sim is *hard* as it often involves panning, zooming etc. etc.

Adam.

clmooring
February 1st, 2015, 11:05
Thanks Adam. I will see what I can find. Not only are the tool tips useful, but I get better frame rates running in the windowed mode.