PDA

View Full Version : AFCAD Not Showing up in the sim

falcon409
December 26th, 2014, 06:55
I'm revising a small airport off the southern coast of Alabama (Dauphin Island). The runway and taxiways are way off compared to their actual positions so I made the changes in ADE, saved the airport and compiled the new version which is saved directly to the active scenery folder for that airport. However when I load the sim, the default AFCAD is all that shows despite the updated one being in the scenery folder and active in the scenery library. Anyone have any suggestions on why this might be happening?

Dumonceau
December 26th, 2014, 07:18
Scenery cache perhaps? But this is just an "educated" guess on my part!

falcon409
December 26th, 2014, 07:49
Scenery cache perhaps? But this is just an "educated" guess on my part!
Yea, I tried that as I had it unchecked at the time, but it had no effect.

expat
December 26th, 2014, 09:11
Had the same problem recently Ed with ADE changes refusing to appear. Think it was an update to the latest version that sorted it out.

falcon409
December 26th, 2014, 09:29
Had the same problem recently Ed with ADE changes refusing to appear. Think it was an update to the latest version that sorted it out.
Hmmm, ok. . .usually when I load ADE it'll prompt for an update which I haven't see lately. . .I'll look into that, thanks!

falcon409
December 26th, 2014, 19:03
It seems that moving the location of the airport beyond a certain distance causes it to go missing. I wanted to line it up with the photoreal ground texture, however it was too far apparently. I've moved other airports much farther than this one without any problems so I'm not sure why it's a problem now, unless it's a P3D thing. Anyway, I'm having to forgo the photoreal approach and just build a reasonable likeness in SBuilderX.

JoeW
December 28th, 2014, 02:38
Make sure that the "old" BGL is not still active.
Rename the extension to *.org or 8.bak. ............ whatever ............ might even delete it. I don't like that ......... maybe move it out of the active folder.

falcon409
December 28th, 2014, 04:37
Make sure that the "old" BGL is not still active.
Rename the extension to *.org or 8.bak. ............ whatever ............ might even delete it. I don't like that ......... maybe move it out of the active folder.
Joe, it was caused by my moving not only the physical runway but also the ARP (Airport Reference Point). Apparently it doesn't like that, which seems stupid to me because the reference point should remain with the airport. If I move an airport a half mile from where the sim has it (and I've had some that were that far off), what sense does it make to leave the reference point where it was? None as far as I'm concerned, but that's what the problem was. By the time that came to light I had already done so much work on redesigning the airport to as close a likeness as I could using SBX that I wasn't going to go back and redo everything. Besides I'm not making it public anyway so it's basically a one and done effort.

Dumonceau
December 28th, 2014, 04:58
It seems that moving the location of the airport beyond a certain distance causes it to go missing. I wanted to line it up with the photoreal ground texture, however it was too far apparently. I've moved other airports much farther than this one without any problems so I'm not sure why it's a problem now, unless it's a P3D thing. Anyway, I'm having to forgo the photoreal approach and just build a reasonable likeness in SBuilderX.

Falcon, I for one hope that you do NOT forgo the photoreal approach!

After experiencing some initial problems with your old rhinbeck, which you helped me solve, I'm enjoying it immensely!

Dumonceau