PDA

View Full Version : Gift Card Purchase - Please Help Me Pick!

odourboy
December 25th, 2014, 09:33
There are two aircraft I'm really interested in - both are reported to be excellent - both cost about $40USD. I got a gift card for Christmas :santahat: that will cover the cost of one of these. Please help me pick! Not interested in bashing either one... what are the pros of MTM's Mirage 2000 versus AS's F-14 X.

evvatc
December 25th, 2014, 11:17
I might be a bit biased but it would be the F-14.

JimmyRFR
December 25th, 2014, 12:18
That's a tough call, both are quite excellent.

However, the F-14X is finished as opposed to a work in progress. Also, the F-14X is a hell of a value; it comes with the carrier, AI, custom 'missions', etc.

But yeah, they're both worth a purchase, so whichever you're into more I suppose!

TARPSBird
December 25th, 2014, 12:59
Keep in mind I'm a retired Navy "airdale" from the F-8 and F-14 communities, but here's my 2 cents...
Aerosoft has been working on their F-14 for a long time and from what I've read so far it's an excellent package. Long list of features, choice of A/B/C models and equivalent HUD displays, TacPack compatible, etc. etc. I have the Aerosoft PBY Catalina package and just based on how much fun I've had with that I'd go with the Tomcat over the Mirage 2000.

odourboy
December 25th, 2014, 15:54
Thanks for the replies so far gents! 3 for 3 in favor of the Tomcat. :encouragement:

TARPSBird
December 25th, 2014, 16:11
Thanks for the original post. Now I've pretty much talked MYSELF into the Aerosoft F-14! :biggrin-new: