PDA

View Full Version : Bronco X TacPack edition

YoYo
December 24th, 2014, 01:22
What do You think about TacPack for Bronco X (Aerosoft)?
This model is still good. What if this upgrade will be payware?

http://images69.fotosik.pl/473/2d94041956fbaa2d.jpg

http://images66.fotosik.pl/472/5aa391c94aa86657.jpg

Its a just idea, not official question from developers.

henrystreet
December 24th, 2014, 02:27
I would buy it.

strykerpsg
December 24th, 2014, 02:56
^^ ditto for me

Ripcord
December 24th, 2014, 03:35
Hell yes, that is a great idea.

I guess in Vietnam these things carried rockets (markers and HE) and occassionally bombs on racks. Would be fun. Certainly they had guns.

joe bob
December 24th, 2014, 05:21
I don't think I ever fire rockets from the Iris A-10 without thinking how great it would be for the Bronco.

falcon409
December 24th, 2014, 05:34
Guess I'm in the minority. I have the BroncoX but I'm not interested in TacPack at all.

Dumonceau
December 24th, 2014, 05:37
Guess I'm in the minority. I have the BroncoX but I'm not interested in TacPack at all.

I'm with you Falcon!

Dumonceau

ST0RM
December 24th, 2014, 05:41
I'd be for it. I think any TacPack aircraft would be good. It kind of fell off to the side and is more a novelty now, after much hype.

Roadburner440
December 24th, 2014, 05:53
TacPack is cool, and I own it. I really don't fly online much though so realistically it is only good for me to do bombing runs, or take aggression out on AI. Had the Super since release, and the TacPack since the Beta. I think me and Jon used it in multiplayer once to test something with our aircraft. Since then I haven't been online with it, but he loves it. 99% of the time I just like going A to B, but it probably would tip me toward buying the Bronco. I still need to pick up the F-14X but waiting to see what I get for Christmas first. To many good aircraft and so little time to fly them all. Heck maybe by the time we finish the F-4 and I get the F-14 might not wind up flying anything else. Will have my two favorite fixed wing aircraft ever.

henrystreet
December 24th, 2014, 06:15
To many good aircraft and so little time to fly them all.

Amen. I tend toward "full featured" sim aircraft but don't have the time to give them all the attention they deserve.

miragecy
December 24th, 2014, 09:12
I would buy it in an instant. I have the Bronco X and I love it, in fact I asked about this option but no one responded... :sorrow:

Andy

skyhawka4m
December 24th, 2014, 15:51
Not interested but wish they would release the follow up models they promised they would do with different weapons and the upgraded four bladed props.

ZsoltB
December 24th, 2014, 20:29
I would like more types:
Virtavia Skyhawk, Iris Raptor Driver and Restauravia Mirage's!

:santahat:

xpelekis
December 24th, 2014, 23:26
Well, I don't think there is enough motivation for Aerosoft to turn Bronco to a Tacpacked plane. F-14 is another case & popularity... (though Aerosoft few
years ago officially considered FSX a "Civilian" Simulator & announced no interest of Tacpacking F-16 X or any other of their Mil planes - though I don't understand how "Flight Simulator"
stands for "Airliners exclusively" - but things change).
At least 3 out of 10 people here declare that they don't care about weapons in Military planes in FSX (and military audience in FSX is already limited...). And most of the people here that care about weapons,
don't fly online.
So I really don't see what a Tacpacked Bronco X would really offer, apart from flying it few times & then let it rest at FSX hangar...

On the other hand, for the 1-2 people out of 10 out there, that would really care about having the Bronco X armed, there is already a working solution that they may consider.
I really see the benefits of Tacpack (weapons hanging on external stores & modeled weight changes upon firing'em - as also SAM placement) but this may not ever happen,
as also if you don't fly online with few friends to share the experience, it quickly becomes boring... and rests in hangar...

As I see from fotos, Bronco X has a "hell" of a cockpit ! As also a default "crosshair" for aiming. With few adjustments, weapons can be fitted to fire using this "crosshair".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwmF37tBvis

I really don't want to hijack this thread, to be considered as a promoter of anything, etc... I'm just saying to people that really care about having an armed Bronco X, there is
already this ability, provided the limitations described above, "fit their needs"... Speaking for myself, is good enough.
:santahat:

YoYo
December 25th, 2014, 01:08
Interesting video with CS weapons!

henrystreet
December 25th, 2014, 03:41
For the folks that do not own TacPack, I would like to offer a perspective that might help them better decide if it's for them. Please understand, I am not an expert on TacPack, just a user....

TacPack is not just weapons usage and effect. In fact, only about 30-35% of TacPack is weapons use and effect. TacPack is a total (but not necessarily complete) SYSTEM for accurately simulating combat military air ops in one package. What does this mean?

1) Loadouts, including fuel, dynamically affect aircraft performance. When flying, if the loadouts decrease, the aircraft's performance is dynamically affected. Yes, there are specific aircraft in FSX that have this capability without TacPack. However, TacPack is a SYSTEM that can be adapted to ANY aircraft.

2) AI spawning tailored to MIL simmers. Yes there are several other softwares that each individually can give you mission specific AI spawning. TacPack is a SYSTEM designed to do AI spawning, on the fly, with a variety of mission parameters available thru a single interface.

3) Implementation of basic IFF is another easily ignored capability of TacPack. The only other simulation of IFF in FSX of which I am aware is in NEUWUC.

4) If the aircraft is programmed for it, a blending of 2 and 3 above, is the simulation of anti-aircraft warfare including RWR. Not only can AA be spawned but it is threat detected by RWR and reacts to contermeasures from the flying aircraft.

5) Assignment of TACAN to any spawned AI. There are softwares that simulate TACAN on certain AI objects, but did I mention that TacPACK is a SYSTEM and TACAN can be assigned to any the spawned aircraft or carrier?

6) GLOC simulation for any aircraft. Some specific payware aircraft models simulate GLOC but the SYSTEM of TacPack can be adapted to any aircraft. (Notably, there is no simulation of hypoxia).

7) There a basic LSO functionality in TacPack. Not as full featured as vLSO but again, TacPack is a single SYSTEM with a single interface.

8) Finally, TacPack is a server SYSTEM that allows all these capabilities to be used in a multiplayer FSX environment (and prevent cheating on the ROE).

If all you want or need is to have weapons effects in a single player FSX session, CS Weapons works great and is easy to adapt (I own it).

However, and using the Bronco as an example, if you want to simulate true CAS with loadouts affecting both your ingress and egress performance, real threats from low-level AA, and IFF to determine where the bad guys and the friendlies are in MP...at this time, you will need TacPack and a TacPack enabled aircraft (or NEUWUC).

Hope this helps anyone trying to decide if they want or need to spend the money.