PDA

View Full Version : B-58 Hustler AI oddity

expat
December 22nd, 2014, 02:24
When I convert my Glowingheat FSX flyable a/c to AI OR use the old AS FS9 B-58 AI model (much lower poly count), in either case the parked planes bounce and writhe all over the place (need to do a video to the tune of "Do the Hustle" . .).

Now I know I can get an FSX B-58 AI plane - and others - if I buy the add on scenery BUT as a matter of intellectual curiosity, what is causing this? I have converted hundreds of FS9 planes - and lots of flyable FSX models - to AI have never had this problem.

Swapped out the FDE and air.cfg (save for contact points and lights) for another working AI a/c but no improvement. Have read elsewhere that commenting out the MOI entries might help - it didn't here - or lowering mesh complexity, which I have yet to try but that is for where all your AI are doing the dance, not just one model.

Perplexed .. :confused:

centuryseries
December 22nd, 2014, 07:44
When I convert my Glowingheat FSX flyable a/c to AI OR use the old AS FS9 B-58 AI model (much lower poly count), in either case the parked planes bounce and writhe all over the place (need to do a video to the tune of "Do the Hustle" . .).

Now I know I can get an FSX B-58 AI plane - and others - if I buy the add on scenery BUT as a matter of intellectual curiosity, what is causing this? I have converted hundreds of FS9 planes - and lots of flyable FSX models - to AI have never had this problem.

Swapped out the FDE and air.cfg (save for contact points and lights) for another working AI a/c but no improvement. Have read elsewhere that commenting out the MOI entries might help - it didn't here - or lowering mesh complexity, which I have yet to try but that is for where all your AI are doing the dance, not just one model.

Perplexed .. :confused:

Possibly contact points, try adjusting them so that they are a bit further below the aircraft.

Hope that might help.

expat
December 22nd, 2014, 08:21
David, thanks - will give that a try.

Mickey D
December 22nd, 2014, 10:33
Yes as David says definitely contact points. We had to tweak them for the original FS9 AI for Bunker Hill FS9.

expat
December 23rd, 2014, 02:10
SOLVED: (I think) by using the contact points from the Glowingheat FSX model. Funny, I had initially converted that model for AI (not ideal I know because of the polys) and, as an AI aircraft, it also wanted to bob, move and slide around.

I have a frankenstein air.cfg and fde borrowed from Rob Richardson's AI F-106, now using the same contact points from the GH FSX flyable model, and a short test showed very still parked a/c and one taxiing normally. Need to further test some TNG's.

Thanks guys. To all thinking about getting the GH Hustler - DO IT!! I can't stop looking at and flying it, it's a wonderful add-on.

http://s24.postimg.org/l4vi44ed1/b58_664.jpg