PDA

View Full Version : Crashing (CTD) when crashing

datter
January 26th, 2009, 13:52
What would causes a CTD if I were silly enough to crash my airplane on landing from time to time. Hypothetically speaking of course, because I never crash or anything. Say I'm landing a tail dragger and (hypothetically) am a little eager on the brakes causing the plane to nose over. After the crash occurs and the flight begins resetting to it's starting point, there's a CTD most every time.

Does this (hypthetically) happen to anyone else?

harleyman
January 26th, 2009, 14:23
Hmmm...No that is not susposed to happen at all...

I wouls say off the bat it is related to vid card..Be it drivers or the fact that its in SLI mode...

You might want to give it a try with SLI turned off and rule that out....

To effectively disable SLT the bridge needs removed too.....

Thats an odd one there..... Something about how it reloads the sim...

I guess keeping the tail off the ground might help...HeHe...LOL

You might try disabeling the physX stuff from the driver first...I use ATI so not totally aware how its done..But if I remember correctly its in Add / remove programs....

dadmod
January 26th, 2009, 18:20
Sometimes that happens to me, hypothetically, of course.:faint:

What happens if you uncheck the little block in settings that recognizes crashes?

FLighT01
January 27th, 2009, 03:24
I have had that happen to me on a few occassions with FSX since release. I have never been able to get a handle on a possible cause but I guess it has to do with the fact that it seems a few seconds after a ... mis-calculated landing, the sim starts to reboot the flight, generally back to the start, at the airport and on the runway or parked ready to start over again. It may just be too much information trying to be digested at once.

A really wierd one happened to me recently. I was about 30 minutes out of Seattle heading north in the ultralite. I figure it's time to get the speed up so I pause the sim, hit the alt key and switch to my T-6 Texan. A bit later I see a little uncontrolled grass airstrip sitting in a tight position in a valley, I was feeling up to the challenge and wanted to see if I could bang it into that tight spot. Got it on the ground safely with full flaps and the engine throttled all the way back. I'm thinking on which end of this grass strip has the lowest trees to clear on takeoff. I was feeling pretty accomplished, right up to the point where I over braked and she nosed over. Well, it didn't CTD the sim and when it rebooted it picked up right at the point where I switched from the ultralite to the T-6, in the air. I don't remember ever having that experience before?

FLighT01
January 27th, 2009, 05:34
Sometimes that happens to me, hypothetically, of course.:faint:

What happens if you uncheck the little block in settings that recognizes crashes?

If you set it to ignore crashes I think you just bounce off the ground, buildings, whatever, and continue on, with or without control to get up and going again? Not sure..

datter
January 27th, 2009, 08:39
Turning off the crashes would fix the crash bug I'm (hypothetically) experiencing, since there would be no actual crash happening. As Flight01 said, just a bounce. That reminds if of an old Groucho Marx line...

Man : Doctor it hurts if I move my arm like this.
Doc : So don't move your arm like that.

If I (hypothetically) kept crashing at regular enough intervals I'd likely have to do this, which is too bad. Just curious if anyone else has seen similar troubles (hypothetically).