PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim B-47 question

jandmbear
December 18th, 2014, 13:26
Hi all. I just installed my FS9 Stratojet onto FSX and the aircraft shows up okay, but when in the VC the windshield is black, cant see out. Anybody know of a fix for this?

PRB
December 21st, 2014, 16:58
Not sure if there is a fix, but the current B-47 on sale at the Virtavia site includes both an FS9 and an FSX version. I bought this some time ago - are you sure the one you bought does not also contain the FSX version? It may be an option when running the installer, as opposed to two separate installers. Don't remember exactly. It's 23.00 at the Virtavia site now, which is not too bad...

falcon409
December 21st, 2014, 17:12
Hi all. I just installed my FS9 Stratojet onto FSX and the aircraft shows up okay, but when in the VC the windshield is black, cant see out. Anybody know of a fix for this?
As an option, if you have DXTbmp, load the texture for the glass and check the alpha channel. . .if it's a light grey or white, change it to solid black (0,0,0)

StormILM
December 21st, 2014, 18:12
Yes, there is a FSX specific model which should be available from your purchase source. I bought this model the day it was released in 2006 for FS9 but later retrieved the FSX version when I first began my FSX migration at the end of 2007 through early 2008. For an aged model, it still looks very good and flies very well.

Jen
December 22nd, 2014, 00:26
As an option, if you have DXTbmp, load the texture for the glass and check the alpha channel. . .if it's a light grey or white, change it to solid black (0,0,0)

Hi Falcon

Very usefull tip.:applause:

I have been using the old FS9 Captain Sim F-104G as AI models in P3D 2.4, with a flight model from one of John Youngs exellent series of AI models. They work very good, but have so far had a white glass canopy.

The trick with the alpha channel, changed that from white to invisible, which is a lot better.

Now I would like to know, if you might have a possible solution to change that alpha channel to a colour, that would give them a realistic glass cockpit?

Best regards

Soren

d0mokun
December 22nd, 2014, 03:27
Hi everyone,

I can confirm that there's most definitely a true FSX version of the B-47 available.. I remember doing it a fair few years ago, now! If you don't have a link or the files then a quick email to Phil will most likely get it all resolved quickly.

Merry Christmas.

grog swiller
December 22nd, 2014, 05:37
Hi everyone,

I can confirm that there's most definitely a true FSX version of the B-47 available.. I remember doing it a fair few years ago, now! If you don't have a link or the files then a quick email to Phil will most likely get it all resolved quickly.

Merry Christmas.

True that, because I have it. While you're emailing Phil, can you also suggest he do an updated version? I'd buy it again just for that.

Jen
December 22nd, 2014, 09:04
Hi Falcon

Very usefull tip.:applause:

I have been using the old FS9 Captain Sim F-104G as AI models in P3D 2.4, with a flight model from one of John Youngs exellent series of AI models. They work very good, but have so far had a white glass canopy.

The trick with the alpha channel, changed that from white to invisible, which is a lot better.

Now I would like to know, if you might have a possible solution to change that alpha channel to a colour, that would give them a realistic glass cockpit?

Best regards

Soren

Hi again Falcon.

If you read this, thank you very much for the inspiration to this idea. Works like a charm now, and looks perfect :applause:

And now back to the original post, and very sory for the interruption.

Soren