PDA

View Full Version : New install of FSX, My Traffic X and AI traffic missing

strykerpsg
December 13th, 2014, 05:34
Gents,

I seem to be having an issue with some of the various traffic schedules conflicting with MY Traffic X completely. It seems if there may be some files that are FS2004 based and not compatible with MTX. I have tried to use the FP_FS9_FSX app to convert, but honestly couldn't figure it out and got a bit frustrated. I am more than happy to show the list of Traffic schedules if anyone knows which one's may be the culprit....

My ultimate question is can I delete all the schedules and just install the MTX one's only? I am certain there is some immersion that will be lost, but to have empty airfields is more bothersome at this point that some area specific files included by the various authors and their great works.

So, I come humbly to my flight sim brethren and sisters, hoping they too have encountered this similarly and found a fix that wasn't along the lines of deleting all and re-installing. In hindsight, I probably should have installed MTX right after I installed FSX but got singularly focused on terrain/mesh first and many had accompanying traffic files that they too installed.

Thanks in advance all for your always insightful comments and assistance.

Matt

PS, also initially got an error message scrolling across the top of the screen mentioning too much traffic but there were some private planes flying around Friday Harbor, just nothing at McChord or Whidbey Island and MTX comes with many AI models specifically for military fields.

strykerpsg
December 13th, 2014, 05:35
For the more adventurous, here's a compilation of the traffic MTX found.

List of AI traffic schedules
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_East Coast\scenery\trafficAdriaticCVN65_90.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_East Coast\scenery\trafficFloridaCVN65_90.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_East Coast\scenery\trafficLebanonCVN65_90.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_East Coast\scenery\trafficNorfolkCVN65_90.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_East Coast\scenery\trafficNorwayCVN65_90.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_East Coast\scenery\trafficPeurtoRicoCVN65_90.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_East Coast\scenery\trafficRhodeIslandCVN65_90.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_East Coast\scenery\trafficSardiniaCVN65_90.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_West Coast\scenery\trafficAustraliaCVN65_80.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_West Coast\scenery\trafficDiegoGarciaCVN65_80.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_West Coast\scenery\trafficHawaiiCVN65_80.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_West Coast\scenery\trafficKoreaCVN65_80.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_West Coast\scenery\trafficLemooreCVN65_80.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_West Coast\scenery\trafficOmanCVN65_80.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_West Coast\scenery\trafficPNWCVN65_80.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_West Coast\scenery\trafficSanDiegoCVN65_80.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Team SDB USS Enterprise_West Coast\scenery\trafficYankeeCVN65_80.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\Antarctica X\Scenery\Ship_Traffic.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\Dutch Harbor X\scenery\Traffic_PADU_FSX.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\Iceland X\Iceland X - priority 1\scenery\Air-Traffic_IceX.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\Iceland X\Iceland X - priority 1\scenery\Ship-Taffic_IceX.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\USCitiesX-NewOrleans\Scenery\trafficNewOrleans.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\USCitiesX-NiagaraFallsBuffalo\Scenery\Niagara_Boats.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\Mytrafficcommercial.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\MytrafficGlobal.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Scenery\Mytrafficmil.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\TahitiX_AirTraffic.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\TahitiX_BoatTraffic.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficBoats.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficCarriers.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_7S3.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_Bowerman.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_Concrete.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_Darrington.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_flytampa_aiship_22 FJ.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_flytampa_aiship_22 SC.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_flytampa_aiship_2H HX.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_flytampa_grenadine s.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_FTX Aust-NZ Airlines.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_FTX GA Traffic.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_FTX International Airlines.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_FTX NA GA Traffic_Abbrev Call Signs.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_FTX NA Large Business Jets_Abbrev Call Signs.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_Jackson Hole.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_ORBX_NRM_GA.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_ORBX_PFJ_GA.bgl
H:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_Orcas_Isl.bgl

DaveWG
December 13th, 2014, 05:47
Your best option is to download AI Flight Planner from here: http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=AIFP
Once you've installed it, there is an option under the "bulk traffic" menu to find and convert any FS9 traffic files to FSX format. Just point it to your FSX folder and away you go.

strykerpsg
December 14th, 2014, 00:50
Your best option is to download AI Flight Planner from here: http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=AIFP
Once you've installed it, there is an option under the "bulk traffic" menu to find and convert any FS9 traffic files to FSX format. Just point it to your FSX folder and away you go.

Dave, thanks for the info brother! It's running it's course now. I'll let you know if it did the fix. I may just remove and re-install MTX, if I have too. Here's hoping I don't.....

Cheers,
Matt

strykerpsg
December 16th, 2014, 18:31
Unfortunately the fix did not work. So, most likely going to uninstall MTX and try to reinstall.

I have to learn patience when doing a fresh install of FSX...

Peg o my heart
December 16th, 2014, 19:05
Have you disabled by renaming the default fsx traffic.bgl file inside "Scenery/world scenery/scenery" folder? I also use AIFP traffic converter