PDA

View Full Version : CFS2 jet catapult launch gauge

Warhawk1130
October 6th, 2008, 10:02
Anyone know where I can find it? Thanks!

dvslats
October 6th, 2008, 12:46
Hi Warhawk1130,
For jets, a catapult launch is something that's usually done via the airfile. I'm really not aware of a gauge that will work in jets. Tango Romeo did a rework of the Alpha Sim A-4. Hopefully he will see this as he can explain it better. :wavey:

Tango_Romeo
October 6th, 2008, 16:39
...the use of the GreenGhost Gauge for catapult launches. This gauge only works for CFS2 prop aircraft, not jets. You will find a download explaining it's use in My Stuff at SOH (use link below in my signature). The download is titled cfs2catapult.zip or something to that effect.

You will also find an F4U-4B (catapult version) available for download in My Stuff, which already has the catapult system installed. :kilroy:

To catapult a jet you must use the Afterburner function. See the tr_a4e.zip download. You will also find this in My Stuff at SOH (use link below in my signature.

The Afterburner function must be Enabled in the AIR file, and a keystroke must be assigned to it in the CFS2 Settings section. I believe that is explained in the A4 ReadMe. :ernae:

OBIO
October 7th, 2008, 13:50
A lot of the Alpha Sim jets come with the afterburner section in the air file. I have my after burner assigned to Shift A. Fire up the engine, set your parking brake on, go to full throttle. Hit Shift A...and the plane is shot off at 150 mph. Works like a charm. Make sure to turn afterburner off once you are air born....if you try to land with the after burner on, you will find that you can not slow down below 150 mph.

OBIO

Warhawk1130
October 7th, 2008, 15:04
That did it, Tango....many thanks!