PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Native F-117A (FSX/P3D)

Mach3DS
December 8th, 2014, 20:40
Would you like to see the F-117A as a Native FSX/P3D addition?

1) YES
2) NO
3)A-12 Instead! (No, not the SR-71, it's a different aircraft and being done by someone already...)

Just really curious your thoughts...recently have been reading a book about the history of Area 51, and a book about how to fly the SR-71....so it got me thinking! What say you!? I'm not asking on behalf of any particular developer, just out of my own need to know! ;)

Daube
December 8th, 2014, 23:20
YES !! YES !!!!!!! :redfire:
I would love a native F-117 WITH A VIRTUAL COCKPIT
I've been thinking of buying the Captain sim one, because I love how it looks externally. But I don't want to fly it with the VC of the Hornet.
There's another F-117 somewhere, but the graphics are really not up to FSX standards.

An F-117 with modern graphics, a good virtual cockpit, and TacPack features ! I would buy that instantly.

Dumonceau
December 9th, 2014, 00:16
I've been thinking of buying the Captain sim one, because I love how it looks externally. But I don't want to fly it with the VC of the Hornet.
There's another F-117 somewhere, but the graphics are really not up to FSX standards.

An F-117 with modern graphics, a good virtual cockpit, and TacPack features ! I would buy that instantly.

+1!! An F-117 is a must for any hangar!

Dumonceau

Naruto-kun
December 9th, 2014, 02:45
Indeed...Its one on my wish-to-dev list as well.

YoYo
December 9th, 2014, 03:00
+1 for Night hawk :) !

Smudge
December 9th, 2014, 03:28
Yes please... it's on my to-dev list also.. :) Especially now the Flight manuals are declassified and available online. :) Though with the queue, I think someone else might do one before us! lol.

Bjoern
December 9th, 2014, 03:29
An F-117 is a must for any hangar!

No, it isn't.

(Quota for daily "counter opinion" posts: Fulfilled.)

RKinkor
December 9th, 2014, 03:54
Was thinking of purchasing an F-117 but decided it would be not as exciting to fly. By A-12 I assume you mean the CIA's single seat version of the Habu and not the A-12 Avenger2 stealth bomber, then an ethusiastic yes to the Cygnus. No offence to Glowing Heat but his Habu is too "easy" to fly. My fear is though a properly accusimmed or otherwise properly done Blackbird would be way to system heavy at least for my system.

ejoiner
December 9th, 2014, 03:55

I voted yes, just because it would be an exotic.

However, one must realize this airplane is almost exclusively a night flyer, so it would have to have great systems, especially NVG and Flir. I would also think a tacpack integration would be critical for use of smart weapons.

Chris Sykes
December 9th, 2014, 04:15
I would say yes if Tacpack was added, it would be a maybe is it wasn't...

mirage3
December 9th, 2014, 06:38
I would say yes if Tacpack was added, it would be a maybe is it wasn't...

I would say yes even without Tacpack, but with an "acceptable VC"! ;)

David! Check your PMs, mate! :D

svicar
December 9th, 2014, 10:04

Sweet Lord, yes.....:redfire:

YoYo
December 9th, 2014, 10:33
Good external model has a Captain sim in XLoad: http://www.captainsim.com/products/x187/117_exterior.html

http://www.captainsim.com//products/x187/img/screenshots/117_5.jpg

Just no VC, only eye candy.

Id like to see full package with nice VC + TacPack for FSX. :jump:

Mach3DS
December 9th, 2014, 21:57
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7550/15368927713_f69e7faff0_o.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7501/15801163438_83b1965077_o.jpg

Mach3DS
December 9th, 2014, 22:46
Interesting results thus far!

Montie
December 14th, 2014, 05:37
Do you have a link for that glass texture?

Daube
December 14th, 2014, 07:21
I really love the external model of the Captain Sim F-117, as I wrote in my first message above.
The two screenshots posted here really show what I'm talking about. The textures are producing a very nice effect, and this golden canopy is really the icing on the cake.
The lack of VC is a shame. I can't understand why Captin Sim never provided one. They should have sold that F-177 separately, instead of 'bonus' with the Hornet...

Mach3DS
December 14th, 2014, 09:24
I would love to release it, but I would need to get some permissions first. The specular map alpha uses a highly modified (by me) "borrowed" texture from the Realair Legacy. IMO they have the best specular glass textures...but even though it definitely NOT the stock texture that is working in those screens, I still used it as a base to start from so as to not reinvent the wheel. If someone knows them I'd release it with permission and credit to the base texture. I don't want to violate any EULA or become "that guy". Integrity is important to me!

Bjoern
December 14th, 2014, 09:33
If the base texture was freeware, I'd say go ahead, but payware is a no-no.

Mach3DS
December 14th, 2014, 10:14
Exactly. Maybe I'll try and make my own..well see how it turns out...at least the proof of concept will work...no promises though! ;) until then if a more qualified repainters wants to take a stab at it, it's all produced by the specular alpha channel. I'll start searching for a good photo of smudged glass that could be used as a replacement texture.

JimmyRFR
December 14th, 2014, 10:34
I'd love a TacPack / HQ VC version.

Just thinking about it brings back many fond memories of playing this game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Hawk:_F-117A_Stealth_Fighter_2.0

Victory103
December 15th, 2014, 06:27
So CLS can't just update theirs?

https://www.commerciallevel.com/webshop.php?actie=pshow&pid=41&groep=3

The "bonus" -117 was nice externally when I originally purchased the CS X-Load F-18, one flight and then VFR direct to the hangar folder.

jymp
October 11th, 2015, 16:18
Has anyone tried the Just Flight F-117 in P3D V3 or FSX-SE yet ?

fsafranek
October 11th, 2015, 21:55
The Alphasim FS9 version is available on their freeware page (http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php). Might be worth a look in the meantime.

And FS2X.com had one by Nick Pike a while back but it might be being sold elsewhere now in FS9/FSX format.
:ernaehrung004:

Daube
October 12th, 2015, 01:01
I'm surprised no developper has ever announced anything regarding this aircraft.
This topic, although having a limited amount of replies, shows some great interest from the community.

Firekitten
October 12th, 2015, 02:47
Mostly becaues it wasn't that great an aircraft, and a lot about it is still secret... makes it very difficult to make a flight sim replica of something with still fairly well kept details.

Anyway, whats wrong with the CLS one? That seemed ok?

jymp
October 12th, 2015, 02:53
Have tried the Alphasim FS9 F-117 in FSX-SE, will not work, considering purchasing the Just Flight F-117A, anyone know if that works in FSX-SE or P3D v3 ?

wombat666
October 12th, 2015, 02:59
Given the lead time to produce an all singing all dancing 'Commercial' subject, definitely NO.
The backlog of commercial 'in development' aircraft is huge, many of which appear to have been discarded, so why waste time and effort on an irrelevant subject.
Reminds me of the 'Polish Tank' story.
:173go1:

Daube
October 12th, 2015, 03:51
Mostly becaues it wasn't that great an aircraft, and a lot about it is still secret... makes it very difficult to make a flight sim replica of something with still fairly well kept details.

Anyway, whats wrong with the CLS one? That seemed ok?
The CLS one would have been nice in 2006, but we're at the end of 2015 now. The standards have changed.
The graphics of the Captain Sim one is excellent for the external model, but it has no VC at all.

fsafranek
October 12th, 2015, 15:10
Given the lead time to produce an all singing all dancing 'Commercial' subject, definitely NO.
The backlog of commercial 'in development' aircraft is huge, many of which appear to have been discarded, so why waste time and effort on an irrelevant subject.
Reminds me of the 'Polish Tank' story.
:173go1:
Exactly. We're talking minimum six-months development time these days with a full crew tackling different areas.
Often it can take years to get all the expected bells and whistles working and included and you don't get paid until it is delivered.
The days of one-a-month are long gone. If there is something adequate out there then what's the point?
:ernaehrung004:

Paul Domingue
October 13th, 2015, 14:52
To darn ugly for me, looks like a can opener. Well if it can open a beer maybe and after a lot of beers it may look good enough to take home. :icon29:

b52bob
October 14th, 2015, 07:39
Nice airplane but think there is more commercial interest in others: b47,t,33,t37,kc135,f101,vigilante, tu95,etc. Of course some programmers go for their favorites instead of something commercially viable.

Daube
October 14th, 2015, 07:50
The T-33 will be covered by A2A, and I believe another company was also mentionning it (Vertigo ? )
The Vigilante is in the hands of Metal2Mesh, or some related company.
I'm not sure anybody would be interested in a KC-135, other than an AI plane, but I don't believe it would be more "commercial" than a F-117.
The B-47 has 6 engines, which means we will not get any acurate model in FS (limited to 4 engines, as far as I know).
However, I agree for the T-37 and the F-101, and especially the Tu-95 :)

delta_lima
October 14th, 2015, 08:45
Zero interest in a modern stealth fighter of any description, even less for a F-117.

Won't get bothered if someone does one, free market and all, but I suspect there's a big disconnect between what payware buyers would expect versus what is readily available data on this particular type.

Not to diminish Rick's pics and tweaks - they are nice, no doubt about that.

dl