PDA

View Full Version : RAZBAM A-7 Corsair II TacPack Edition

Navy Chief
December 8th, 2014, 13:41
Hey all,

Just wanted to post a link to the Razbam Vought A-7 Corsair II TackPack Edition:very_drunk:

Link to pre-order:

http://www.razbamsims.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=86&osCsid=5546ca130dfdf0843b0a8c5119be4e4b

Official word is that you can expect the release to be no more than three (3) weeks from now. NC

SiR_RiPPER
December 8th, 2014, 13:55
Oh yes!!! I can see the Vietnam era getting richer by the day!

delta_lima
December 8th, 2014, 14:00
Is it me, or does it look like it'll be one pack containing the A/B/D/E/H/P models in one $30 purchase?

If so, for anyone who doesn't have these, then it's a good deal. But if TP is the only addition, for those of us who have the two single-seat packs ... tougher sell. A pity the video (good as it is!) still features the current model - so when they mention "new detailed virtual cockpit", I'm curious what that entails.

Will keep an open mind, though ...

dl

dhazelgrove
December 8th, 2014, 14:03
It'll depend on whether the existing texture sets will work on the new models.

Dave

henrystreet
December 8th, 2014, 14:28
I'm willing to bet the existing paint sets will work. Crossing my fingers for working A/G Radar!

JimmyRFR
December 8th, 2014, 14:48
I'll keep an open mind as well, but they would have to have seriously revisited the VC for this to be of interest to me. Without knowing, the $10 savings on the pre-order isn't worth it (to me). With more and more new releases where the VC is almost 100% functional plus is darn near a work of art, I'm likely getting a bit spoiled.

ejoiner
December 8th, 2014, 15:48
Hey all,

Just wanted to post a link to the Razbam Vought A-7 Corsair II TackPack Edition:very_drunk:

Link to pre-order:

http://www.razbamsims.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=86&osCsid=5546ca130dfdf0843b0a8c5119be4e4b

Official word is that you can expect the release to be no more than three (3) weeks from now. NC

Well that made that decision easy.

A-7 Tacpack gets bought 1st.

Aerosoft F-14 and F-84F next in line.

I already own tacpack and the A-7 so gotta get this. Pretty much now.

Dammit. I hate it when my wallet jumps out of my pocket and goes "Oh! Oh! Oh!...spend me! Spend me! Spend me!" Its like having my daughters at home again.

Eric

ejoiner
December 8th, 2014, 15:55
Well that made that decision easy.

A-7 Tacpack gets bought 1st.

Aerosoft F-14 and F-84F next in line.

I already own tacpack and the A-7 so gotta get this. Pretty much now.

Dammit. I hate it when my wallet jumps out of my pocket and goes "Oh! Oh! Oh!...spend me! Spend me! Spend me!" Its like having my daughters at home again.

Eric

Just purchased this new A-7. The download file (which is a rar file), only contained the BOX ART JPG. it did not contain the setup.exe etc.

I emailed Razbam on this, but save your money for now.

Eric

henrystreet
December 8th, 2014, 16:51
I think this is a pre-order deal.

delta_lima
December 8th, 2014, 17:05
Correct. The first point stated that it was a pre order, as well as an approx ETA.

That said, if all one did was simply click through to RAZBAM's page, it's not clear that it's a preorder. Razbam could have made this a lot clearer.

Looks like Eric gets the first copy! ;)

dl

ZsoltB
December 8th, 2014, 20:19
I'm looking forward to release! :applause:

ejoiner
December 9th, 2014, 03:51
Correct. The first point stated that it was a pre order, as well as an approx ETA.

That said, if all one did was simply click through to RAZBAM's page, it's not clear that it's a preorder. Razbam could have made this a lot clearer.

Looks like Eric gets the first copy! ;)

dl

Actually, I didnt notice it was pre-order. Ronald Zambrano wrote me back and explained this. he also refunded my money. So, I will wait til release and get in the queue with the rest of you guys!!!

I will say that the one thing I am really looking forward to with Tacpack is the ability to very quickly load the aircraft without all the steps to shut down the plane, etc, etc. As well as reload in flight if you choose. (can be turned off and disabled in MP play etc.). Also the fact that tacpack comes with both tankers and carriers and drones. I have it with several aircraft now and frankly believe its a total requirement for any military attack or fighter aircraft!

joe bob
December 9th, 2014, 04:16
Good time to be an FSX Naval Aviator lately. Bad times for my credit card statement.

YoYo
December 9th, 2014, 05:03
Nice info, I like models of Razbam but RAZBAM has a terrible support - sorry for this.

I bought in the last 1,5 month A-7 vol.1 (after this info about Tacpack from FB). It was a surprise but in RAZBAM store (developer store) is a version 1.0 !!!! :dizzy:

I wrote some of post in his forum about this - looks like on the forum just a wind is present ...
No any support ticket possibility, PM dosnt work, I found an one mail - dosnt work :( so I still have 1.0 v (in market is 1.2 v for A-7 D/E) and cant contact with RAZBAM till now...

hae5904
December 9th, 2014, 06:15
Not to start a stir but Navy Chief was quite clear stating "pre-order" link, and expected ETA of within 3 weeks!!

Concerning the RAZBAM webpage, more activity is on their facebook page, including support.
And YoYo, Eric emailed Ron and got an answer back in no time.........

Hank

ejoiner
December 9th, 2014, 06:39
Not to start a stir but Navy Chief was quite clear stating "pre-order" link, and expected ETA of within 3 weeks!!

Concerning the RAZBAM webpage, more activity is on their facebook page, including support.

Hank

Yes, the oversight was mine and Razbam reacted literally overnight. I actually didn't expect a refund. I just figured I would be waiting til the release. No matter. When it comes out, I will buy it again! I want this one. Anyway, no harm done.

E

YoYo
December 9th, 2014, 07:06

Hank

Cant find any email on Razbam webpage.
No FB account too and I dont need it (and Im still live! ;) ).

ZsoltB
December 10th, 2014, 06:15
What end date the discount?

DagR
December 10th, 2014, 06:40
Will there be one for P3D too?

Best regards
Dag

ZsoltB
December 10th, 2014, 07:15
I bought :jump:

Victory103
December 10th, 2014, 07:43
Is it me, or does it look like it'll be one pack containing the A/B/D/E/H/P models in one $30 purchase?

If so, for anyone who doesn't have these, then it's a good deal. But if TP is the only addition, for those of us who have the two single-seat packs ... tougher sell. A pity the video (good as it is!) still features the current model - so when they mention "new detailed virtual cockpit", I'm curious what that entails.

Will keep an open mind, though ...

dl

Same boat here, got Vol II and the Family models but I will be happy to continue to have my TP Air Wing with the recent news of the Raz A-6 getting TP'ed, although my credit card will not be so pleased.

airattackimages
December 11th, 2014, 08:07
Buying this.

hae5904
December 11th, 2014, 09:15
A teaser....... :encouragement:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/10854372_745071935579447_1645096731898812587_n_zps 9025aa59.jpg (http://s89.photobucket.com/user/Hank41/media/10854372_745071935579447_1645096731898812587_n_zps 9025aa59.jpg.html)

Cheers,
Hank

delta_lima
December 11th, 2014, 09:32
... is such a VIP, it seems to be MIA - or is it just that it's on the QT? Bonus points if you know the reference ... :very_drunk:

Joking aside - what's the proposition around the VC? is it a truly a "new" VC? Not that the current one is bad - it's actually quite good - except a bit hard on frames at times. Just wondering what is going to be "new" - aside from the obvious background coding needed to enable TP ...

Also, for this new TP release, am I right that it's BOTH the A/B/H (old pack 2) AND D/E (old pack 1) for ONE purchase?

thx.

dl

ejoiner
December 11th, 2014, 11:02
Cant find any email on Razbam webpage.
No FB account too and I dont need it (and Im still live! ;) ).

I wrote to the support link that was in my online receipt. I didnt go through the web site.

techsupport@razbamsims.com

hae5904
December 11th, 2014, 11:02
Daniel, so far, I've not seen or heard about a new VC. (too early to tell )
All I know is, and you're right about that, the A-7's tac pack edition package includes vol1 & 2 as a single product.

Cheers,
Hank

delta_lima
December 11th, 2014, 11:18
Daniel, so far, I've not seen or heard about a new VC. (too early to tell )
All I know is, and you're right about that, the A-7's tac pack edition package includes vol1 & 2 as a single product.

Cheers,
Hank

Thanks Hank. Then for someone who doesn't have these yet, it's a great deal.

I got the reference about the new VC here:

Interior features:
→ New detailed virtual cockpit.
→ Panel and Instruments lights can be dimmed

Looking forward (tentatively, at least).

dl

ps - no one got my Good Morning Vietnam reference? I'm really disappointed in you bunch of slackers ... :p87: :very_drunk::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Navy Chief
December 11th, 2014, 11:47
A teaser....... :encouragement:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k204/Hank41/10854372_745071935579447_1645096731898812587_n_zps 9025aa59.jpg (http://s89.photobucket.com/user/Hank41/media/10854372_745071935579447_1645096731898812587_n_zps 9025aa59.jpg.html)

Cheers,
Hank

Of course you had to include a screenshot of my old squadron, VA-15:very_drunk:
A side note, (as a favor to me) when Ron Zambrano was developing the original Corsair II A-7D and E package for FSX, he
put the name of the VA-15 Commanding Officer at the time I transferred to a new squadron: CDR Leslie G. Kappel.

CDR Kappel was the Executive Officer of the squadron, and almost shot down during the attack on Syria, December 4, 1983. He was flying modex 314. When he trapped back aboard, he radioed that the jet was ready for refuel, rearm, and launch.

But what he didn't know was the tailcone of his aircraft was almost shot off, and literally was in tatters. Somewhere, I have a picture of that, and will post. Anyway, they shut down the aircraft to inspect it thoroughly. Upon diving the intake, the flight deck troubleshooter found several severly damaged blades. A SAM had exploded closeby, during the attack. Had CDR Kappel remained in the air for even a few more minutes the engine would likely have destroyed itself from ingestion of the broken blades. NC
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16559&stc=1

ZsoltB
December 11th, 2014, 22:28
New pilot

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16564&stc=1

ZsoltB
February 16th, 2015, 23:16
Can anyone have any news of TP edition of the release date?

Unfortunately, the RAZBAM team does not respond to the question!!! :banghead:

billdebaze
February 26th, 2015, 04:42
Hello,
I am very disappointed by the after sales service of RAZBAM. I bought the A-7 Tacpack the December 19, I always wait at least the beta version. It is impossible to get a response from anyone in the company & I do not know what to do. I hope that this add-on is not a chimera, and that it will emerge one day. In addition, on the OSCommerce website, it is absolutely not said that this product is a pre-order version and not yet available. Although the collection was done via PayPal from 19 December.
http://www.razbamsims.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=86
That's a lot of things that displease me, not very funky... Razbam seems to have a huge communication problem and does not respect its customers. I can only deplore and I have the unpleasant feeling of being trapped.
Regards,
EM.

ZsoltB
February 26th, 2015, 05:27
Hello,
I am very disappointed by the after sales service of RAZBAM. I bought the A-7 Tacpack the December 19, I always wait at least the beta version. It is impossible to get a response from anyone in the company & I do not know what to do. I hope that this add-on is not a chimera, and that it will emerge one day. In addition, on the OSCommerce website, it is absolutely not said that this product is a pre-order version and not yet available. Although the collection was done via PayPal from 19 December.
http://www.razbamsims.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=86
That's a lot of things that displease me, not very funky... Razbam seems to have a huge communication problem and does not respect its customers. I can only deplore and I have the unpleasant feeling of being trapped.
Regards,
EM.

You are absolutely right!

Although in many say I'm a troublemaker
Because I'm complaining?
Because of these things!
I asked the face book was RAZBAM
The written word for word, that I do better when I'm patient!
What does that mean? Threat?
I'm a public official in Hungary so I'm thinking I will report that is the EU Consumer Protection Authority
Previously purchased Harrier on Monday 11 March, 2013
the download link is not live, I can not get to it!
A-7 TacPack package on Wednesday 10 December, 2014 I purchased

This attitude is a disgrace!

billdebaze
February 26th, 2015, 07:29
I understand, I agree & and think that we are not alone in that case. So Mr. Zambrano, please wake up...it's time to take your responsibilities!:disgust:

YoYo
February 26th, 2015, 07:44
Same problem from months.

Razbam has a big problem with communication with his customers.

No any reply on his forum, no possibility to send a PM, no any email for support, no possibility to create a support ticket. Very, very poor service :(.

ZsoltB
March 3rd, 2015, 09:05
Any idea?

Release date???

miragecy
March 3rd, 2015, 21:58
I pre paid for this for supposedly 2-3 weeks until release... I don't care for P3D, I bought it for FSX... Why should I wait so long?

Andy

ZsoltB
March 4th, 2015, 00:05
I'm looking for the opportunity to get my money back!

Dumonceau
March 4th, 2015, 04:44
So that is at least 4 people over here who have paid 30$ and no news??

Not so good. very bad even!!

Johan

edakridge
March 4th, 2015, 10:43
I too made the purchase back in December, and my download link expired Feb 6th. It is now March and still no release! RazBam won't reply to any of my inquiries. This will definitely be the last purchase that I make from them until they improve their customer relations and feedback!

ST0RM
March 4th, 2015, 14:27
Sorry to hear of your troubles. This is the main reason I do not fund a kickstarter or any other project without a product in hand. Too many companies now expect the consumer to fork over money without anything in return. This is troublesome news. Hope you get it resolved, but it doesnt sound good.

-Jeff

ZsoltB
March 4th, 2015, 18:47
Meanwhile,Ronald Zambrano RAZBAM refunded my money!

billdebaze
March 5th, 2015, 22:38
I'll do the same this morning. Zsolt, plz what address did you contacted for an answer to your request? Because nobody ever told me!
But it is true that they will trap me ever after this. And the "pre-order mode" becomes unbearable. It's so easy ...

ZsoltB
March 6th, 2015, 04:26
Hello,

Try this:

http://techsupport@razbamsims.com

Zsolt

billdebaze
March 6th, 2015, 14:38
Hello,

Try this:

http://techsupport@razbamsims.com

Zsolt

Ty, done. I 'm waiting for...
B.

Montie
March 6th, 2015, 15:31
I am still surprised that nowhere on the product page do they mention that it is pre-order product...

ZsoltB
March 6th, 2015, 19:45
I am still surprised that nowhere on the product page do they mention that it is pre-order product...

This option was the end of last year $30.00

Now $40.00 http://www.razbamsims.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=86&osCsid=885ffd999792633cb13a40e5990dec3a

edakridge
May 17th, 2015, 04:55
The Tacpack enabled A-7 was released as a Beta yesterday to those who had pre-ordered. I have been flying her around a bit and found that she is pretty sweet. (Watch those engine temps though!) On trapping I have found that a +3 to +5 degree nose up attitude is required to continue living. I wish that I had a real SLUF pilot to consult though!

Dumonceau
May 17th, 2015, 06:57
Soooo, the announcement of the pre-release was done on November 8th last year and they released it as a beta yesterday.

In the meantime they held on to most people's money. I guess they and their bank must be laughing like hell! Not delivering for months but entitled to the interest all the same.

Good business model there! :D

Johan

hschuit
May 17th, 2015, 07:48
Johan, I don't think the Zambranos were laughing a lot over this. According to their FB, the project got delayed due to internet outage and family circumstances. And yesterday they posted: "Pre-release/beta has only 100 seats and they are almost all taken". Given current interest rates I doubt they will get rich from this, maybe just enough to pay for a meal at McDonalds...

Dumonceau
May 17th, 2015, 08:02
Johan, I don't think the Zambranos were laughing a lot over this. According to their FB, the project got delayed due to internet outage and family circumstances. And yesterday they posted: "Pre-release/beta has only 100 seats and they are almost all taken". Given current interest rates I doubt they will get rich from this, maybe just enough to pay for a meal at McDonalds...

Hi Henk,

I'm the first person to give in to family circumstances, primarily because I don't have any family left. But internet outages lasting 6 months in the 21st century? Sorry mate, that is hardly credible.

During those exact same months they have been developing and releasing stuff for other sims.

Also, interest rates in the States are higher than in Europe, as you well know. Okay, they did not make a bundle out of this, but decent customer service and communication are the least that people who upfront money for something can and should expect.

This is of course just MHO and a result of my over-developed sense of justice.

Take care,

Johan

CG_1976
May 17th, 2015, 08:47
If I am correct Razbam and Zambranos are not in the State's. There located in S.America and anyone in S.America will tell you depending on where you are, a long long internet outage is possible. Heck it happens in Arctic Canada from time to time, when I lived in NWT, we blamed them Albertan Construction Beaver's lol. We are a strange and wild Hemisphere lol.

Dumonceau
May 17th, 2015, 09:43
If I am correct Razbam and Zambranos are not in the State's. There located in S.America and anyone in S.America will tell you depending on where you are, a long long internet outage is possible. Heck it happens in Arctic Canada from time to time, when I lived in NWT, we blamed them Albertan Construction Beaver's lol. We are a strange and wild Hemisphere lol.

They have been so cut off the internet that they have posted youtube vids in January, February, March and April:

https://www.google.com/search?q=razbam+zambrano&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

The facts are what they are...

If posting vids on youtube is possible, so is sending out emails to your customers.

Johan

hae5904
May 17th, 2015, 10:30
Johan you do forget that Razbam made a statement early this year where it was decided to postpone the release due to the required development changes for P3D TacPack, this with the required P3D V2 changes. This to make a single installer. You must know this will take time. Other issues, Internet and family related is just a thing happen in life. If it happens you can't avoid it unfortunately. Your impatience is more shrouded with disrespect, and not with knowledge.

Cheers,
Hank

eddie
May 17th, 2015, 12:03
When people wait over 4 months for a reply from them, that is disrespect? Yeah, right. When we order something and don't hear from anyone connected with Razbam, we have a right to be concerned about what happened to our hard earned money! And don't care where they live.:livid:

ZsoltB
May 17th, 2015, 13:15
Legitimate, there are people who get their product for free, it is easy to criticize them
Receive free, because they are "testers"
When the product is full of mistakes! So what are they tested?

hae5904
May 17th, 2015, 13:56
Are you in the right thread zolti boy?

Navy Chief
May 17th, 2015, 14:07
Could be mistaken, but I sense a thread lockdown might be imminent. NC

Dumonceau
May 18th, 2015, 07:41
Johan you do forget that Razbam made a statement early this year where it was decided to postpone the release due to the required development changes for P3D TacPack, this with the required P3D V2 changes. This to make a single installer. You must know this will take time. Other issues, Internet and family related is just a thing happen in life. If it happens you can't avoid it unfortunately. Your impatience is more shrouded with disrespect, and not with knowledge.

Cheers,
Hank

Disrespect is when someone takes your money and leaves you waiting for over 6 months without any news whatsoever.

BTW, Impatience? After six months waiting without any news whatsoever when the same people do find the time to post video's but leave you in the dark about what happened to your money and the stuff you wanted to spend it on? That is a joke, right?!

They could have chosen to inform their customers, but chose not to. Now that doesn't inspire confidence nor patience for that matter.

Another thing: addressing people like you did to Zsolt is low and insulting. Neither Zsolt nor myself resorted to that kind of language, you did. I think an apology is in order here.

Cheers,

Johan

huub vink
May 18th, 2015, 09:01
Gentlemen,

With a growing interest I have been reading this thread. I notice some members have ordered something which was expected to be delivered early this year. I can fully understand those who are in a bad mood about the fact that it wasn't delivered until a few day ago. But that is something which is between Razbam and those members and not among the individual member here. So please behave accordingly.

So when you think you have a reason to complain, please do it towards razbam at an e-mail address you can find in a few posts earlier.

A fine example of disrespect is to disallow people to have a personal opinion. So I allow everybody his or her's personal opinion, but please be very careful how you express this opinion.

Thanks,
Huub

Dumonceau
May 18th, 2015, 09:33
Gentlemen,

With a growing interest I have been reading this thread. I notice some members have ordered something which was expected to be delivered early this year. I can fully understand those who are in a bad mood about the fact that it wasn't delivered until a few day ago. But that is something which is between Razbam and those members and not among the individual member here. So please behave accordingly.

So when you think you have a reason to complain, please do it towards razbam at an e-mail address you can find in a few posts earlier.

A fine example of disrespect is to disallow people to have a personal opinion. So I allow everybody his or her's personal opinion, but please be very careful how you express this opinion.

Thanks,
Huub

None of the buyers or people who were treated badly by Razbam have insulted members. The people from Razbam on the other hand saw fit to make derogatory remarks towards members of this site.

Doesn't the staff of this site have a responsibility towards it's members?

Doesn't a site by for and from the flightsim community have a responsibility towards the community that supports her (financially)?

Or can devs and their croonies do whatever they want to?

I'd like to have an answer on that question Huub.

Johan

hae5904
May 18th, 2015, 09:35
Johan, apparently you have no clue what's all about... one hint, there are more persons besides Ron an Larry who can post using the Razbam name. I can post under their name as Razbam at the FB page as an example. So who said they posted? The didn't.

If one post a reply that has NOTHING to do with the thread, one might wonder about his/intellect. Same if you reply to this thread telling how you prefer Brazilian coffee over Belgium coffee..... you get it, it doesn't make sense.

If you think I insulted Zolti boy, well then you're wrong.

So you better start yelling (in Dutch will be fine as well) when you DO KNOW the facts, instead of just making assumptions.

If you want to complain, like Huub already had mentioned, contact Razbam at FB...

Cheer,
Hank

Dumonceau
May 18th, 2015, 09:49
If you think I insulted Zolti boy, well then you're wrong.

You did it again. It's up to the staff to react on this, but you insist on insulting people by addressing them in a derogatory way.

And I don't need to insult people or shout in whatever language, I only state facts. With proof easily found on the internet.

Razbam is on the wrong side of this matter. They behaved badly, borderline criminally even.

I you see fit to rush to their (your employers) rescue, than that says more about you than about the people complaining about their "business model".

I wonder what the "Zambrano Family" will do now. Are you going to "make me an offer I can't refuse"?? :biggrin-new: But hey, thanks for making me laugh so much! Obviously you too are a "Man of Honour".

Ciao from Gianni. :biggrin-new:

huub vink
May 18th, 2015, 10:04
After reading the posts above, it is clear you both didn't read my earlier post carefully as you should have done.

Hank, watch the way you address people. And I can assure you this is the only personal warning you will get.

Johan stop questioning the staff here. When you want to know what the SOH is about read the "about" page. You will find out that staff is not here to solve problems between payware designers and their customers. SOH facilitates and that's it, nothing more nothing less.

I will close this thread as I think you both need to have some time to think things over before you make your next move.

This seems the only appropriate way to make sure you can't do anything you would regret afterwards.

Thanks,
Huub