PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Rob Richardson's at it again!!!

Hooky722
December 8th, 2014, 09:00
Venom NF2 In the works!! Can't wait for this! I've been hoping this one would warrant his attentions for sometime! nice one Rob

http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/

JensOle
December 8th, 2014, 09:37
Rob is my hero! His collection of British early cold war aircraft is among my favourites in FSX.

He posted a picture for some time ago of the NF venom, maybe it was by mistake as it was soon removed. But it is a very welcome model indeed, Soon we will have both of the first gen RAF night fighters in FS!

ejoiner
December 8th, 2014, 09:40
Rob is my hero! His collection of British early cold war aircraft is among my favourites in FSX.

He posted a picture for some time ago of the NF venom, maybe it was by mistake as it was soon removed. But it is a very welcome model indeed, Soon we will have both of the first gen RAF night fighters in FS!

Glad to see Robs site is back up. I note that he has the F106 listed, but it appears to be version 1. he had released version 2, which I have, but it had a small problem with the VC. he withdrew it and i suppose was going to fix it. Anybody know status on that?

E

Hooky722
December 8th, 2014, 16:21
Sorry the version I have of the F106 is V 1.0 I'm afraid so cant help there, But whilst were on the subject of Mr Richardson's creations does anybody know if there was ever a paint kit for the Supermarine Attacker I have a few ideas for repaints.

Hooky

manfredc3
December 8th, 2014, 19:00
I ran in to that one on Robert's page earlier today. Gonna be another great addition to my "RR" hangar :jump:

robcarrich
December 8th, 2014, 22:16
Glad to see Robs site is back up. I note that he has the F106 listed, but it appears to be version 1. he had released version 2, which I have, but it had a small problem with the VC. he withdrew it and i suppose was going to fix it. Anybody know status on that?

E

I have had a few problems with the company that host my site, they were taken over by another outfit and I was unable to upload anything for a while.
The “Six” upgrade was a casualty of the confusion (web hosts fault) at the time as unknown to me, an old model was displayed (my fault).
I moved on to something else and filed the F106 away, when I realized there was a problem I re-posted the old model.
It takes forever to set up for a new model ( or an old model for that matter ) so the F106 upgrade will have to wait for a while.
The upgrade was just a small missing texture problem so probably not noticeable to anyone except me ( and a few experts experts of course)!

RobR

robcarrich
December 8th, 2014, 22:22
Sorry the version I have of the F106 is V 1.0 I'm afraid so cant help there, But whilst were on the subject of Mr Richardson's creations does anybody know if there was ever a paint kit for the Supermarine Attacker I have a few ideas for repaints.

Hooky

Sorry, there is no paintkit for the Attacker, I just never got around to it!

RobR

noddy
December 8th, 2014, 23:45
Always good to more classic British aircraft.

Many thanks Rob.

ejoiner
December 9th, 2014, 06:18
The upgrade was just a small missing texture problem so probably not noticeable to anyone except me ( and a few experts experts of course)!

Hi Rob, the v2 F-106 had a bigger issue than that, though I am not sure how big a problem it is to fix. There appears to be a merge between the interior and exterior mdl files that causes a "bar" to appear across the middle of the VC. I think this can be fixed by adjustment of the interior model placement within the exterior mdl? Im not a modeler, so if Im talking out of my hooter here, then OK!

but that was the noticeable problem to me and others! Otherwise, superior work.

What i personally loved about your model was that it had the bubble canopy. The virtavia model has the split canopy and the F106B. So between yours and theirs you get a nice little variance thats great.

Eric

delta_lima
December 9th, 2014, 07:47
Great news Rob!

A Cold war jet - and a slightly rarer one at that - what's not to love.

thanks for your work.

dl

Bjoern
December 9th, 2014, 08:14
Rob, if you don't have time for wrapping up the Six, send it over, tell me what's left to be done and I'll do it for you.

Hi Rob, the v2 F-106 had a bigger issue than that, though I am not sure how big a problem it is to fix. There appears to be a merge between the interior and exterior mdl files that causes a "bar" to appear across the middle of the VC. I think this can be fixed by adjustment of the interior model placement within the exterior mdl? Im not a modeler, so if Im talking out of my hooter here, then OK!

Unless Robert had other intentions with it, it looks just like a stray polygon, nothing more.

ejoiner
December 9th, 2014, 10:27
Rob, if you don't have time for wrapping up the Six, send it over, tell me what's left to be done and I'll do it for you.

Unless Robert had other intentions with it, it looks just like a stray polygon, nothing more.

Still an issue that inteferes with visibility of the panel in the VC. Would be great if (someone) fixed it!!!

E

robcarrich
December 9th, 2014, 10:36
Still an issue that inteferes with visibility of the panel in the VC. Would be great if (someone) fixed it!!!

E

Just download the model that's now on my site.

RobR

strykerpsg
December 9th, 2014, 22:50
Wow! I totally didn't put a name to a face, so to speak. Thank you very much Rob for adding your magnificent F-106 back to your webpage. I had been too distracted to realize what was in front of me all this time.

Matt

expat
December 10th, 2014, 01:41
Just recently pulled the Delta Dart out of the hangar. A handsome devil and an outstanding bit of freeware. (Like your Cessna twins and Venoms too!). Thanks again Rob.