PDA

View Full Version : Rhino + TacPack by VRS

mirage3
December 8th, 2014, 08:59
Hi guys, today, i thinked to get the VRS Rhino and the TacPack.
Now, i'd like to know your impressions about it, talking about these themes please ;) :
-Unofficial Jets that can be used
-Degree of learning of the use (how is it? Easy, Hard or so...)
-Realism
-Some shots of the effects of TacPack :D
-Finally some comments or impressions...

I already have an half idea to buy it in bundle for X-MAS but i'd like to have your opinions...

And in the last time i lost my files, then i'd like to know where to find Dino's F-14 and T-45 (original packages)

Thanks

M3:beer:

delta_lima
December 8th, 2014, 09:11
And in the last time i lost my files, then i'd like to know where to find Dino's F-14 and T-45 (original packages)

Thanks

His models are available on the front page of his site: http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.ca/

Can't help on the TP/Superbug issues as I don't have either.

dl

mirage3
December 8th, 2014, 10:33
Thanks DL! :)

Anyone also up?

JimmyRFR
December 8th, 2014, 12:44
Well, it sounds like you're more interested in opinions about the TacPack more so than the Rhino. That said, I think their Superbug is one of the top addons produced for FSX. For me, I'd place it above PMDG. Every single aspect of the Superbug is so refined that it's a joy to own and fly.

Certain functions can be used by any jet, such as the ability to place carriers; however must functions are really useful to those jets equipped with TacPack. For example, you can call a tanker while flying anything, but only a TacPack enabled plane is going to get any fuel from it.

One addition it adds is more realistic(?) G-LOC, with the ability to lock out control (or vision) of your plane for a short bit.

If you're talking about the TacPack features of a TacPack enabled plane, it can range from relatively straightforward (Dino's freeware), to very complex (Superbug). For the standalone TacPack features such as tanker calling, carrier set up, drone launching, etc, it's very straightforward.

-Realism
I'm too unqualified to comment on this. The TacPack enabled Superbug is supposedly very realistic in it's systems, but that's about all I can say.

-Some shots of the effects of TacPack
I'd point you toward YouTube for this one, there's been lots of videos posted showing various things such as TacPack enabled missiles, bombs, etc. There was a pretty decent video posted here lately regarding the Metal2Mesh M2KC doing some target practice, for example.

As far as the Superbug is concerned, it's at a level of excellence that very few aircraft addons achieve. Very immersive, and I really can't think of a single flaw or bad thing to say about it. For me, the TacPack is a means of expanding the functionality of the Superbug. However, things are starting to reach a point where it's useful by itself, as there are appearing more and more TacPack enabled planes, such as the M2M M2KC or the new Aerosoft F-14, or Dino's great stable of freeware. I spent a good 30 minutes last night trying to successfully complete a mid-air refueling in the F-14A, for example, that wouldn't of been possible without TacPack. (I was relatively successful, other than the amount of time it actually took me to get lined up and match speed.)

Hope that helps a bit.

Navy Chief
December 8th, 2014, 12:54
Will someone please post a link to the link for the A-10 and TacPac? For some reason, this doesn't seem to be readily found. NC

Daube
December 8th, 2014, 14:03
That one ? : http://www.irissimulations.com.au/hangar/flight-simulator-planes/fsx-iss-a-10a-warthog

henrystreet
December 8th, 2014, 14:30
As far as the Superbug is concerned, it's at a level of excellence that very few aircraft addons achieve.

Amen my brother of the bug.

It is difficult to describe to someone who has not flown it just how good a simulation it is.

rvn817j
December 8th, 2014, 15:16
Amen my brother of the bug.

It is difficult to describe to someone who has not flown it just how good a simulation it is.

Can you give me a hallelujah brothers and sisters! Yes, the VRS F-18E is a fantastic FSX aircraft and requires a significant commitment to master it. Buying both TacPac and the Superbug is a great idea. TacPac also adds a few things to the FSX menu like tankers and drones and some carrier placements. All very useful things.

I really like the TacPac enabled Iris A-10 also.

A real up and coming TacPac enabled aircraft is the Mirage 2000C by Metal to Mesh. It is a fantastic plane!

I've been to Zurich many times, and Luzern a number of times and the top of Mt. Pilatus two (2) times and Grindelwald and Alpnochstad (did I spell that correctly) and other places in Switzerland. Mirage3, I am very enamored with your land.

mirage3
December 8th, 2014, 21:31
Well, it sounds like you're more interested in opinions about the TacPack more so than the Rhino. That said, I think their Superbug is one of the top addons produced for FSX. For me, I'd place it above PMDG. Every single aspect of the Superbug is so refined that it's a joy to own and fly.

Certain functions can be used by any jet, such as the ability to place carriers; however must functions are really useful to those jets equipped with TacPack. For example, you can call a tanker while flying anything, but only a TacPack enabled plane is going to get any fuel from it.

One addition it adds is more realistic(?) G-LOC, with the ability to lock out control (or vision) of your plane for a short bit.

If you're talking about the TacPack features of a TacPack enabled plane, it can range from relatively straightforward (Dino's freeware), to very complex (Superbug). For the standalone TacPack features such as tanker calling, carrier set up, drone launching, etc, it's very straightforward.

-Realism
I'm too unqualified to comment on this. The TacPack enabled Superbug is supposedly very realistic in it's systems, but that's about all I can say.

-Some shots of the effects of TacPack
I'd point you toward YouTube for this one, there's been lots of videos posted showing various things such as TacPack enabled missiles, bombs, etc. There was a pretty decent video posted here lately regarding the Metal2Mesh M2KC doing some target practice, for example.

As far as the Superbug is concerned, it's at a level of excellence that very few aircraft addons achieve. Very immersive, and I really can't think of a single flaw or bad thing to say about it. For me, the TacPack is a means of expanding the functionality of the Superbug. However, things are starting to reach a point where it's useful by itself, as there are appearing more and more TacPack enabled planes, such as the M2M M2KC or the new Aerosoft F-14, or Dino's great stable of freeware. I spent a good 30 minutes last night trying to successfully complete a mid-air refueling in the F-14A, for example, that wouldn't of been possible without TacPack. (I was relatively successful, other than the amount of time it actually took me to get lined up and match speed.)

Hope that helps a bit.

Hi Jimmy, Hi all! Thanks for the reply! I finally got the idea to buy the Rhino and Tacpack! There are too much advantages!

RVN817J, what can i say? You spelled all right! Yes, Grindelwald is a very nice turistic destination. You can go in some wonderful places (see Jungfrau, over 4000m, the top of Europe). In Alpnach, if you are interested, you can visit the Air Force Based with the EC635 and the Super Puma of the SAF. Last year, we had terrible crash of a Legacy Hornet of our Air Force, during a patrol flight...
Thanks for the comments about my very beloved country! :)

mirage3
December 14th, 2014, 05:21
Hello Guys, today i got my XMAS gift... The VRS Rhino and the Tacpack! It's a wonderful gift and a joy to fly it. I love it! Now i flyed it today (the most amazing function is the functional Martin-Baker ejection seat....:D) and would like to train shooting down with the AIM-9X. Does anyone of you know a good tutorial video since i didn't found somewhat? :)
Thanks in advance!

henrystreet
December 14th, 2014, 05:47
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCixspEMzYn91_V2Kdvpu_-Q

mirage3
December 14th, 2014, 08:41
Thank you! :cool:

Wizard
December 15th, 2014, 10:27
... successfully complete a mid-air refueling in the F-14A, for example, that wouldn't of been possible without TacPack.

Ahem - Underway! has permitted refueling for several years now. And you're not limited in what aircraft it's available for. Refueling is done from one player's aircraft to another - not an AI, though. See the posts on NEUWUC in the donationware section of the forum.