PDA

View Full Version : Bombsight Problems

_486_Col_Wolf
December 7th, 2014, 11:33
I have the updated Ted Cook Whitley, Wellington and Manchester recently added. They all use the same bombsight. But none of them operate correctly when activated by the GPS switch on the front panel. They either don't appear at all or the appear as just blank downward looking with no panel. Either way they also hang up the HUD display and/or the main panel display. I'm running Win 7 and it may be a problem with that. Does anyone know a fix for this or is there a better bombsight I can install in them?

braveheart77521
December 7th, 2014, 15:54
Col Wolf

Windows7 doesn't like 1024 size bombsights, Convert to 1020 or 1080. This works for me. However, another alternative is to replace the bombsight with the Mosquito bombsight. It is part of the mosquito gauge. I have a copy if you need it!

Braveheart

_486_Col_Wolf
December 7th, 2014, 16:00
Braveheart,
Thanks for the info. While I was waiting for a reply to the post I also found a simple add on generic bombsite at Simviation http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/sy...stin_sight.zip (http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=cfs&file=Austin_sight.zip)
Works great and it has some info in the Read Me file on how to calibrate it.

Shessi
December 8th, 2014, 00:14
Hi CW,
Yes, I know what you mean. I think that must be a prob with Win7, it's not like that on XP.

You got me thinking, as the operation of the panels, that I explain in the README, is very clunky, not elegant, but works. I had a think about the Wellington update I did last year, and remebered that I didn't have the same prob. So I had a fiddle and here you are (see attached). A much better solution. Click on GPS button RHS lower on pilots panel, the aimers panel displays and the pilots panel hides. To get back to the pilots panel just press F4 three times..voila!

Hopefully this might work better for you, and certainly BH's suggestion to resize the bmps sounds like the main answer to your display probs.

The Manchester is a completely different panel, not the same as the Whitley, and works well. Don't forget to remove the yolk view (with the button) on the Manc panel and THEN go to nose view. To return to the pilots panel just press the remove view button on the aimers panel.

Again resizing the bmps sounds like the answer again.

Cheers

Shessi