PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plunge

gray eagle
December 7th, 2014, 10:00
I too may take the plunge to P3D next summer. I gave a hint that for my next B'day I would like to convert to P3D V2.4. I have the hardware chutzpah to run it okay. I have read on this forum
that most of the newer FSX Programs should migrate (Port?) to P3d. I have some newer programs that offer dual choices i.e. P3D/FSX. I guess there is some kind of migration tool involved with
getting the FXX stuff over to P3d. I am interested in knowing what of the old cfg file will I not have to deal with anymore once I convert.

I also noticed that it best to keep FSXA installed and P3D. Would have to estimate the real estate needed to keep them both. Then there is the option that I could stand to even things out when
I decide that one plane looks better on P3D then FSXA and just permanently cross it over.

Looking for the +'s and _'s to it all.

Dumonceau
December 7th, 2014, 10:05
Very little to no tweaking involved GE! Just installing the usual enhancements as with FSX, but then you'll have a smooth running sim with stunning graphics.

Wait till you see the cockpit shadowning and HDR!!

I've tried P3D v2.4 out and will definitely change over permanently as soon as I have my new GFX card.

Dumonceau