PDA

View Full Version : ATAC Aggressor Kfir

ejoiner
December 4th, 2014, 18:44
This is a separation of a side topic from the screenshots thread.

Delta Lima, this is the blue Kfir I was talking about as being ugly!

http://highsierraspotters.com/forum/gallery/files/4/n403kfirstrcpre.jpg

delta_lima
December 4th, 2014, 19:07
Ah now I see what you mean.

I like the Kfir in all its guises just on account of the lovely lines - just a matter of degrees on how much I love each. That said, the "private" ones are my least favourite, and I agree that of those (two that I know of), this one's a bit blander.

For me, this is my one true love, when it it comes to Kfirs ...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16331&d=1417748342

Zsolt did a lovely paint of the Skysim Nesher ...

http://i.imgur.com/NqiNyXR.jpg

Gets a lot of fly time ...

dl

ejoiner
December 5th, 2014, 13:39
Ah now I see what you mean.

Zsolt did a lovely paint of the Skysim Nesher ...

http://i.imgur.com/NqiNyXR.jpg

Gets a lot of fly time ...

dl

Our friend Zsoltquack does some great work. I just bought 6 schemes from him including two for the M2KC.

Now this Marine scheme directly above is a beauty. I would love him to port that over to the Mirage 2000.

Eric

JensOle
December 6th, 2014, 08:24
Just a head up, the M2CK is a payware model which is copyrighted. I dont think any of us have the rights to sell repaints/textures which are based on the original work/texture/paintkit of M2M Mirage 2000C. The same goes for almost all other payware models. Piracy needs to be fought in all its forms.

ZsoltB
December 6th, 2014, 08:38
Just a head up, the M2CK is a payware model which is copyrighted. I dont think any of us have the rights to sell repaints/textures which are based on the original work/texture/paintkit of M2M Mirage 2000C. The same goes for almost all other payware models. Piracy needs to be fought in all its forms.

There is no word on trade
This donation is optional
No piracy

Dumonceau
December 6th, 2014, 09:00

Since when is donating for a repaint piracy? Zsolt is a well liked member of this community and a stellar painter. To my knowledge, Zsolt never did anything wrong. On the contrary. I have several of his repaints and never paid a cent for them!

We all know what piracy really is: it is supllying payware addons to people who never paid for them. You could just as well say that I would be a pirate if I let someone fly an addon that I bought on my own computer without that person having paid for it.

I don't think we should exaggerate in fighting piracy. I don't think that we should be going the McCarthy way.

Dumonceau

ST0RM
December 6th, 2014, 09:01
Wish we had an actual Kfir for FSX.

To answer Dumonceau, and this isnt a slight against Zsolt (as it's his right), but if I were to ask for a repaint of his and didnt offer money in return, I wouldnt get the repaint. I know this because I've PM'd him several times about repaints, but never even got a reply. So it's a select group. Good on them.

ZsoltB
December 6th, 2014, 09:10
Let's get one thing or two;
In recent years, various sim sites I shared my work. After that, I noticed that some people will use it again without my permission, and share again, as if he had painted!
It's pretty annoying!
After that, I decided to just fulfill the wishes of friends
They are remunerated donation to my work
This is not piracy

Zsolt

ZsoltB
December 6th, 2014, 09:15

To answer Dumonceau, and this isnt a slight against Zsolt (as it's his right), but if I were to ask for a repaint of his and didnt offer money in return, I wouldnt get the repaint. I know this because I've PM'd him several times about repaints, but never even got a reply. So it's a select group. Good on them.

I do not see the problem?

ejoiner
December 6th, 2014, 10:41
Since when is donating for a repaint piracy? Zsolt is a well liked member of this community and a stellar painter. To my knowledge, Zsolt never did anything wrong. On the contrary. I have several of his repaints and never paid a cent for them!

We all know what piracy really is: it is supllying payware addons to people who never paid for them. You could just as well say that I would be a pirate if I let someone fly an addon that I bought on my own computer without that person having paid for it.

I don't think we should exaggerate in fighting piracy. I don't think that we should be going the McCarthy way.

Dumonceau

All, "bought" was the wrong word. Donation is correct in appreciation of the quality of work. I apologize for creating a mini-stir up here. Please return to your regular programming.

hae5904
December 6th, 2014, 11:23
All, "bought" was the wrong word. Donation is correct in appreciation of the quality of work. I apologize for creating a mini-stir up here. Please return to your regular programming.

Sorry guys, but paying through a donation remains piracy! Zsolt is using a paintkit, wich is fully under EULA, and as such he's profiting from copyrighted textures (paintkit).

JenseOle is fully correct on this : "Just a head up, the M2CK is a payware model which is copyrighted. I dont think any of us have the rights to sell repaints/textures which are based on the original work/texture/paintkit of M2M Mirage 2000C. The same goes for almost all other payware models. Piracy needs to be fought in all its forms."

Hank

JensOle
December 6th, 2014, 12:18
We are a small community here and the last thing I want to start is a “war” here. But I think it is important to respect the work/property of others if it is copyrighted. Over the last months we have seen several issues with people taking over the intellectual property of both freeware and payware software in the FS world. This will only harm us in the long run with people stopping making the stuff we all want to see in FS.<o:p></o:p>
Without pointing any fingers or saying any names, just writing in general. If its donationware, then release the repaints as freeware and people can make donation to the repainter without any connection to the actual model/repaint. If it is not released as freeware and people can only get access to it through “donations” then you are earning money on somebody else’s intellectual property. Read the copyright for most freeware and payware FS software and it is explicitly written that it is prohibited to make any money in any form on reselling the software or parts of it (this include textures!). Hopefully we the customers also respect this and don't support any scheme which is breaking the EULA of others.

NB, I believe the legal definition of a donation is something along these lines; "Donations are given without return consideration".

ejoiner
December 6th, 2014, 14:04
Sorry guys, but paying through a donation remains piracy! Zsolt is using a paintkit, wich is fully under EULA, and as such he's profiting from copyrighted textures (paintkit).

JenseOle is fully correct on this : "Just a head up, the M2CK is a payware model which is copyrighted. I dont think any of us have the rights to sell repaints/textures which are based on the original work/texture/paintkit of M2M Mirage 2000C. The same goes for almost all other payware models. Piracy needs to be fought in all its forms."

Hank

Dear guys, I started this thread to discuss a repaint of the ATAC kfirs into M2KC skins. Since the thread has now been hijacked (of my own doing unfortunately) I am asking that this one be locked.

hae5904
December 6th, 2014, 14:12
Dear guys, I started this thread to discuss a repaint of the ATAC kfirs into M2KC skins. Since the thread has now been hijacked (of my own doing unfortunately) I am asking that this one be locked.

It doesn't have to be locked Eric, just continue with the ATAC Kfir into M2KC skins. Please do.

הכל טוב, תרועות
Hank

ejoiner
December 6th, 2014, 14:15
It doesn't have to be locked Eric, just continue with the ATAC Kfir into M2KC skins. Please do.

הכל טוב, תרועות
Hank

Already asked the admins to lock it. sorry. Just think this one had the potential to go badly wrong. I caused this mess accidentally and want to stop it now. We're all friends here.

Bjoern
December 7th, 2014, 04:13
If I had any money to throw around, I'd have long put out bounties for a few paints for which I simply don't have the time to do myself.

Eduardo Fadul did one for FS9. Don't know how it holds up in FSX.

fsafranek
December 7th, 2014, 09:32
Eduardo Fadul did one for FS9. Don't know how it holds up in FSX.

A couple of years ago Michael Roberts updated Eduardo's FS9 Kfir C7 package by replacing the old gauges with FSX ones.
The result included 45 aircraft and load outs (obviously all configurations hardcoded) with textures for Israel, Columbia,
Ecuador, Sir Lanka, USMC, and US Navy. You can get it at simviation.com (http://simviation.com/) (69MB download).

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=IAI+KFIR+Updated+Package&categoryId=

Bjoern
December 8th, 2014, 02:13
Heh, I just knew that you would chime in, Frank. :biggrin-new:

fsafranek
December 8th, 2014, 07:33
Heh, I just knew that you would chime in, Frank. :biggrin-new:
Ha! I was going to chime in on the other topic and completely agree with what Jens-Ole wrote but decided adding something to the original topic would be more useful. I haven't tried the FSX update so can't say whether the download is worth it or not. If the gauges all work and the flight model is acceptable then it might hold folks over until something more FSX specific comes along.
:ernaehrung004:

delta_lima
December 8th, 2014, 08:47
Hello Frank et al,

Thanks for the reminder. I recall checking it out a while back and forgot why I hadn't kept it ... reinstalled it last night ... now I remember why! Oops. Yikes. Better clarify that. I'm not trying to be harsh - I'm sure it was a best effort. In my view, there are issues with the model's proportions, and of the textures I tried, there was a lot of big inaccuracies.

Worth it? Very subjective. Having the blessing of having the Skysim Nesher as a stand-in, I find it a far better tradeoff to have a great-looking model, textures, vc, etc. than a true Kfir that really shows it's age. I'm sure both Eduardo and Michael did their best, so I applaud them for it - and especially being freeware, I cannot in my heart judge the project too harshly.

For now, it's the Skysim Nesher for me personally, as the best stand-in for a Kfir. That said, there's that pesky M2M Mirage 2000 vying for the last few scratch pennies with the Aerosoft F-14 ...:wiggle:

ejoiner
December 8th, 2014, 09:44
Hello Frank et al,

...That said, there's that pesky M2M Mirage 2000 vying for the last few scratch pennies with the Aerosoft F-14 ...:wiggle:

Indeed, along with a Milviz F-4 Phantom and the F-84F... I's cornfused...

delta_lima
December 8th, 2014, 12:11
With love, from Colombia. Well, from some Colombians visiting Nevada ...

Though I prefer the look of the shorter nosed C.1, C.2 and C.7 models versus the longer nosed Block C.10 and Block 60 ... it's all Kfirs, so what's not to love ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M2FAYifFtE

dl