PDA

View Full Version : RAZBAM What IF USMC liveries

johndetrick
December 3rd, 2014, 11:48
Two new repaints for the RAZBAM A-7. A what if the harrier didn't pan out, what if congress wouldn't approve the purchase of a foreign made aircraft. The USMC did consider using the A-7, but instead used the money for a relatively unknown new aircraft using new technology, AV-8A. Two repaints of the A-7E in fictional USMC camouflage colors, one in the colors worn circa 1975 and the other in 1991. I took the bureau number from an existing AV-8A as well as an existing squadron.

delta_lima
December 3rd, 2014, 11:57
How cool.

In the context of the primacy of the CAS mission for the USMC, and in a universe where the Harrier didn't exist, the A-7 would be a very believable and logical choice during the 70s-90s. I look forward to those for sure!

dl

johndetrick
December 3rd, 2014, 13:00
Just uploaded both to here and flightsim.com

GunnyG
December 3rd, 2014, 13:04
Two new repaints for the RAZBAM A-7. A what if the harrier didn't pan out, what if congress wouldn't approve the purchase of a foreign made aircraft. The USMC did consider using the A-7, but instead used the money for a relatively unknown new aircraft using new technology, AV-8A. Two repaints of the A-7E in fictional USMC camouflage colors, one in the colors worn circa 1975 and the other in 1991. I took the bureau number from an existing AV-8A as well as an existing squadron.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/like-button.jpg

ejoiner
December 3rd, 2014, 13:05

Even with the Harrier, I was always a little surprised the Marines didnt buy the A-7 in some form during the 70's. And that two tone lo viz scheme looks SHARP! :adoration:

johndetrick
December 3rd, 2014, 13:50
To say that the Corps was on a limited budget post Viet Nam is a gross understatement. But then the Corps is always tight with the budget. We flew the C-117D till 1982, the only reason the Commandants C-118 was parked is because it caught fire. They are still flying the C-9B with no replacement in sight. They do get their moneys worth from a weapons system.

delta_lima
December 3rd, 2014, 21:10
Had all of only 5 min tonight to install and check these out. They look absolutely superb.

Many thanks John.

DL