PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop Template. Alpha is not red

OleBoy
December 1st, 2014, 14:30
This situation happened to me once before years back. Where the templates I'm working with had got changed by my adding a layer that was different bit depth than the template. I wasn't paying attention (tired) at the time obviously. Now when working in my alpha channel, I see shades of gray to white. I should be seeing shades from transparent red to transparent (erased) white.
By adding a layer of different (less) bit depth, the amount of pixel colors available decreases.

When this happened years ago, it took me forever to get it sorted out. The alpha channel is still work-able, although it's not as it should be. To also add, frustrating.

I'm hopeful someone can provide me some guidance to get my alpha to display as red again.

Tako_Kichi
December 1st, 2014, 15:24
The alpha should be shades of grey to white Don, I've never seen a red alpha channel so I don't know how you got that effect.

Are you sure you weren't working in the red channel instead of the alpha channel?

OleBoy
December 1st, 2014, 16:12
Hi Larry. Nope. On one template the alpha "looks" translucent red.
On the other template the alpha layer is shades of translucent gray-to-white.

Translucent red has always been the norm.

Have a look. http://i.imgur.com/f8rbeAt.jpg

Lane Street
December 1st, 2014, 18:27
Open the Channels Palette and double click on the Alpha thumbnail.

This should open the Channel Options where you can set the color.

cheers,
Lane

OleBoy
December 1st, 2014, 19:48
By jorge, that was it. I don't know how the heck it got changed. Possibly hitting a shortcut key when I had the alpha active. I tried everything I could think of to fix it! Right-click too. In CS5 it takes a double-click. I don't recall what it took in CS3.

Thanks Lane, I'm back in business :encouragement: