PDA

View Full Version : Douglas A-1H Skyraider

gray eagle
November 23rd, 2014, 15:14
Does anyone know or have an updated FDE for the original A-1H Skyraider done by Tim Conrad "Piglet"?
It likes to bounce on landings and is slow on landing decent to the runway. :engel016:

StormILM
November 23rd, 2014, 17:13
Look for this file over at Flightsim.com: a-1jupt.zip or search for FSX A-1J Skyraider FDE Update.

I put it together with a little help from a couple of folks.

falcon409
November 23rd, 2014, 17:56
Look for this file over at Flightsim.com: a-1jupt.zip or search for FSX A-1J Skyraider FDE Update.
I put it together with a little help from a couple of folks.
Thanks for the HU Storm. Didn't realize this was out there.

StormILM
November 23rd, 2014, 18:02
Roger that Ed, give it a shot & see what you think. I was darn lucky to get some expert tutoring on the contact points (which still drive me nuts!). The rest of the FDE stuff was pretty much surgery & not outright replacement. Tried to get it to fly like my old FS9 Razbam A-1 as best I could although it's not quite as good IMHO.

Daube
November 24th, 2014, 00:08
Thanks for the information about that FDE update. I was not aware of it.
Is there also any update for the engine sound ? On my computer, the engine sound is very low, as if the engine were 100m away from me. I already tried to alias the sound to the A2A P47, but this had no effect on the engine volume :/

StormILM
November 24th, 2014, 00:58
I use my old FS9 type Razbam A-1 R-3350 sounds which are very good. Those sounds are very aggressive & loud like the real aircraft. The Razbam A-1 Vol 2 is on sale over at FS Pilot Shop for $12.50 which IMO is worth it for having those accurate R-3350 sounds.

Bjoern
November 24th, 2014, 04:23
Any Connie or DC-7 soundset will also do the trick.

Daube
November 24th, 2014, 04:47
I think my problem does not come from the sound set, but from the aircraft configuration.
The sound set of the A2A P47 is excellent as well, but the engine volume gets as low as the Skyraider default sound.
I believe I can alias the sound to any other plane in my hangar, the sound volume will always be an issue.

Dumonceau
November 24th, 2014, 07:06
I think my problem does not come from the sound set, but from the aircraft configuration.
The sound set of the A2A P47 is excellent as well, but the engine volume gets as low as the Skyraider default sound.
I believe I can alias the sound to any other plane in my hangar, the sound volume will always be an issue.

I'm sorry, but that is just not the case. Like Storm, I use the Razbam sounds and they work a treat! Loud and vibrant!

Dumonceau

big-mike
November 24th, 2014, 07:10

I copied all files from the A2A P47 sound folder into the sound folder of the A-1H---and it works fine.
Mike

gray eagle
November 24th, 2014, 07:11
I'm sorry, but that is just not the case. Like Storm, I use the Razbam sounds and they work a treat! Loud and vibrant!

Dumonceau

+1 I concur :adoration:

falcon409
November 24th, 2014, 09:07
Dumonceau
Same here. When Tim released his version of the Skyraider I went right to my old Razbam folder and moved the files over. Excellent sound set.

stansdds
November 25th, 2014, 01:52

Dumonceau

Same for me.

expat
November 25th, 2014, 03:08
Razbam sounds are appropriately beastly sounding on this beast!

Daube
November 25th, 2014, 05:42
I tested again, I aliased to another warbird and this time, I'm getting some decent sound volume.
The engine sound is still a bit low, but still, much higher than before :)

big-mike
November 25th, 2014, 06:31
http://www.fspilotshop.com/razbam-skyraiders-vol2-stand-alone-p-1068.html

Btw,you can get that sound now for $7,50
Mike

JosefK
March 10th, 2016, 10:03
Razbam sounds are appropriately beastly sounding on this beast!

Thanks, I'll transfer the sounds over to Piglet's Skyraider.