PDA

View Full Version : Default Cessna 172's

JoeW
November 23rd, 2014, 04:54
Is it just my computer or is it with all computers. With the default Cessna 172 I can't get the panel lights to work. That's the 185 and the 172 that the panel won't light up.
Anyone know a work around?
Thanks

lownslo
November 23rd, 2014, 20:27
Default 172 works fine here (using Steve's Fixer). Push-Pull knob just to the left of the Throttle. The lights are bright, too! The 185... is that Carenado's you're referring to? If so, I don't have panel lights... just instrument lights activated by clicking on the light affixed to the left door frame.

HTH

Greg

Adamski_NZ
November 24th, 2014, 01:22
Default 172 works fine here (using Steve's Fixer). Push-Pull knob just to the left of the Throttle. The lights are bright, too! The 185... is that Carenado's you're referring to? If so, I don't have panel lights... just instrument lights activated by clicking on the light affixed to the left door frame.

That's what I get. There's only the one control (yes it IS bright!). There's no separate panel, glareshield, dome, and/or instrument lights.

The Carenado C185 has a dome light (switch in the ceiling) and a glareshield light (click on the lamp on the left of the cockpit).

I haven't been in DX9 for *ages* but I don't think it was any different <?>.

Adam.

JoeW
November 26th, 2014, 04:35
What settings of the "fixer" controls that. I have no lights in nthe panel of the default 172 and only the dome light of the 185. That lights the panel but everything else inside as well.
In the "fixer" I have all squares checked in the lights and effects.
Thanks.

JoeW
November 26th, 2014, 05:14
I just unchecked the V2 lighting in the legacy Page and got lights on the panel for both. I don't know what this is going to do to anything else.
As I said, I just did this. I will update what effect this will have on anything else.
Thanks Guys.

JoeW
November 28th, 2014, 07:20
I tryed to edit the above post and can't.
I got the latest "Fixit" from Steve and installed it. I still have lights when the above box is unchecked but then tool tips don't work now. FSX loads faster now with the update, too.
If you zoom in on the GPS the airports that are near disappear from the display.

Thanks .........