PDA

View Full Version : OT...AICarriers Question

mal998
November 19th, 2014, 03:34
Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many entries AICarriers will accept? I was able to get to [formation.30]title=CVN65 Enterprise 90s Empty, but nothing appears after that entry.

expat
November 19th, 2014, 03:39
Hey Mal - that's quite a few! I have never made up more than about a dozen so have never maxed out on number of formations. Have several for each period, e.g., WWII, Korea, SEA, contemporary. Can't have enough carriers! Long winded way for me to say, "I don't know!"

gdavej
November 19th, 2014, 04:54
Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many entries AICarriers will accept? I was able to get to [formation.30]title=CVN65 Enterprise 90s Empty, but nothing appears after that entry.

I have several .cfg files all of which get loaded by aicarriers. One of those files goes up to [formation.46], another one containing Nimitz and Enterprise goes to [formation.35], another one containing Soviet subs goes to [formation.15], and so on... In total, I have probably about 70-80 entries showing in the aicarriers popup. So, the answer is no, I don't believe there is a limit. If I were you, I'd carefully check the 31st entry in your cfg file, make sure everything referenced does exist.

Butcherbird17
November 19th, 2014, 06:03
Just create a new cfg and name it what ever, then put the entry in it and save. Then just place into the config folder. I have all my cfg's setup for different navies and time periods, makes it easier to add new ships as they come out of dry dock or off the slip way.

Joe

mal998
November 19th, 2014, 15:44
Thank you guys!

StormILM
November 19th, 2014, 15:57
I'm up to 61 in my normal config but that doesn't include the many entries I have in my conf.d folder. As noted above, any significant error in the config as well as the original model folder can cause issues. I have managed to screw up my fair share of them only to find the error was a single mistype!

fsafranek
November 20th, 2014, 09:49
Actually Mitch I think it's because after the Enterprise what more do you need?
:ernaehrung004: