PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Cerasim Bell 212 and/or 412?

ColoKent
November 15th, 2014, 21:02
I've got the Aerosoft Huey, and for me at least, it is unflyable.

I've got the Milviz/ND Huey, and it is easier to fly, but it is getting dated, and the paint kit SUCKS (but I do love the inclusion of the UH-1C variant)

I just bought the Cerasim UH-60, and other than the tail wheel not allowing taxying turns (and no provision for the ESSS and 2 or 4 external tanks), I like it

So....

Any feedback on the Cersim 212 and 412?

Thanks,

Kent

DaveB
November 16th, 2014, 00:45
Hi Kent:)

As I said in another thread, the UH60 can be driven around on the deck but the tail wheel doesn't animate left or right so it looks a little odd. Are you sure the tail wheel lock is coming off? This is a pain. Sometimes I get it first time and others.. it takes 3 or 4 goes.

As for the 212/412.. having picked up the 412, I wasn't going to bother with the 212 but I did:banghead: I like both 'visually' but find the 412 more stable. Like the UH60.. you can cold'n'dark if you wish or click on ready-to-fly by bringing up the panel shift+1 (this applies to all Cera models). Of the 2.. I fly the 412 a lot more;)

Of them all.. the 222B is surely the prettiest but the FD leaves a lot to be desired. Jordan Moore over at Hovercontrol released a revised airfile which addresses some of the issues but I still find it a bit 'skitty'. As far as flight models go.. I think the UH60 is probably the nicest to fly followed by the 412. It's difficult to choose between the 222B and 212 but these are definitely the least stable of the 4.

ATB
DaveB:)

ColoKent
November 16th, 2014, 06:18
As I said in another thread, the UH60 can be driven around on the deck but the tail wheel doesn't animate left or right so it looks a little odd. Are you sure the tail wheel lock is coming off? This is a pain. Sometimes I get it first time and others.. it takes 3 or 4 goes.

Dave,

On my UH-60:

1. the tail wheel does visually swivel with the tail wheel unlocked (the tail wheel lock/unlock button is on the center console at the base of the instrument panel)
2. the helicopter doesn't turn in response to differential braking-- even with the tail wheel unlocked
3. if you try to use the stick to turn the helicopter, the tail wheel castors around, while the helicopter itself barely turns-- and then either in the opposite direction of what you are selecting.

All of these indicators are why I don't think I have the latest version. I've written Cerasim, but have not heard anything yet. As for the 212 and 412, the 412 sounds like a neat little machine...

thanks for the info.

Kent

kdfw
November 16th, 2014, 06:32
On my UH-60:

1. the tail wheel does visually swivel with the tail wheel unlocked (the tail wheel lock/unlock button is on the center console at the base of the instrument panel)
2. the helicopter doesn't turn in response to differential braking-- even with the tail wheel unlocked
3. if you try to use the stick to turn the helicopter, the tail wheel castors around, while the helicopter itself barely turns-- and then either in the opposite direction of what you are selecting.
t

not sure i'm reading this correctly, but here it goes: you need to use the tail rotor pedals to turn, not the cyclic (stick) or diff braking, esp on the ground.

i assume there's a foot pedal (or twist gripy thingy on your joystick) in the hw setup.

ce_zeta
November 16th, 2014, 07:01
After DCS: World UH-1H and Mi-8MTV2 modules, all helicopters in FS are unflyable.

ColoKent
November 16th, 2014, 09:06
not sure i'm reading this correctly, but here it goes: you need to use the tail rotor pedals to turn, not the cyclic (stick) or diff braking, esp on the ground.

Du'oh!!!! You're a genius. It works like a charm using the footpedals (well-- 0 (left), 5 (center) and 3 (right) keys on my keypad). Boy, do I feel dumb...

Thanks all...that was great!

Kent

Later edit: Yep, I feel like a "new" man flying and taxiing this thing. Wonderful.... Now if we just had ESSS sponsons with two or four external fuel tanks!!! And an SH-60 version!!!

kdfw
November 16th, 2014, 09:42
ok, glad it works now.

next: invest in pedals, i use ch pro pedals (gameport version converted to usb). a MUST for helicopter flying.

OleBoy
November 16th, 2014, 11:29
Kent, have patience with the guys at Cera. It took them about 4-5 days to get back to me last week.
Now that you mention it, I have the Aerosoft Huey. and now that I think of it I need to install that one and see how it works in Prepar3d

ColoKent
November 16th, 2014, 13:10
Kent, have patience with the guys at Cera. It took them about 4-5 days to get back to me last week.

Actually, I figured it out (with help from the posts above)...and all seems to be working now. I probably need to write Cera again and tell them all is okay.

Kent

DaveB
November 17th, 2014, 00:25
kdfw/Kent..

Rgr that. My version was (I presumed) the latest version when I bought it.. filedates are 10.6.14 and I haven't received a patch notification from FSPS. Don't have pedals I'm afraid.. well, I do but they're up in the loft!!:very_drunk: Until you brought this up.. I'd not noticed the tailwheel problem (or more to the point.. my problem using it correctly):banghead: As long as I can get around on the deck (and you certainly can't without the lock being disengaged) I don't mind. It's all about the flying;)

ATB
DaveB:)

ryanbatc
November 17th, 2014, 04:29
I like the 412 but I also enjoy the Milviz B407

Victory103
November 17th, 2014, 05:13
Glad you got it sorted Kent, if you need any further flying tips on the H-60 let me know.

Back to your original post, I already had the Hovercontrol 412 upgraded to FSX, so I went with the B212 from Cera to round out my Huey collection along with the Milvzi/ND model. The "C" is fun with "Hanimichal's" Cpt Sim weps mod.

Agree with FSX helo flight dynamics, so I tend to look into systems modelling and being able to use RW procedures when choosing models. Cera for the most part has that one down.

DaveSHQ
November 17th, 2014, 05:20
I don't know about flight dynamics, but it's fun to fly.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i239/DavidT_photo/FSX/2009d.jpg