PDA

View Full Version : For the boat lover...

JT8D-9A
October 6th, 2008, 09:14
http://www.deltasimstudio.com/gemini.htm :wavey:

I can't afford it at the moment, but i will definitively buy it later. Really amazing work! :applause:

BananaBob
October 6th, 2008, 09:24
Wowzers! That would catch my PC on fire, LOL, great detail, all I need is a Barbie and Ken doll now! :costumes: :ernae:

gajit
October 6th, 2008, 09:41
Wow - look at the tart in the tub:jawdrop:

Lionheart
October 6th, 2008, 10:11
Dang......

That is one first rate, incredible bit of work!

Thanks for the heads up Nils!

Bill

IanP
October 6th, 2008, 10:15
Good grief, she's wearing a polished leather swimsuit, for that amount of reflection!!! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Nice looking toy, though.

Ian P.

MCDesigns
October 6th, 2008, 10:22
Pretty sweet looking, but yeah, a little to much detail for FS. (love the babes though, LOL)

harleyman
October 6th, 2008, 10:31
Wowzers! That would catch my PC on fire, LOL, great detail, all I need is a Barbie and Ken doll now! :costumes: :ernae:

I heard that you keep your Barbie and Ken hidden in the closet still....:costumes:

And won't share....:d

MCDesigns
October 6th, 2008, 10:34
I heard that you keep your Barbie and Ken hidden in the closet still....:costumes:

And won't share....:d

you can have his Ken if you want :costumes:

I actually have a barbie doll. I dated a girl that reminded me of a barbie a few years back and she gave it to me as a gift, still got it somewhere, LOL.:redf:

harleyman
October 6th, 2008, 10:44
you can have his Ken if you want :costumes:

I actually have a barbie doll. I dated a girl that reminded me of a barbie a few years back and she gave it to me as a gift, still got it somewhere, LOL.:redf:

Thanks for the Ken Offer...Very kind indeed.....:costumes:

I have a Barbie and Ken doll..They are the harley editions and have their own life size harleys and black leather ridding gear..Well,its really my wifes but are in my collectiables case....:redf:

JT8D-9A
October 6th, 2008, 11:29
The amount of detail is really impressive. One of his goals at the beginning was: " remain 20-25 frame rates with light bloom". It would be really interesting to know if he has achieved this goal.

MCDesigns
October 6th, 2008, 15:09
The amount of detail is really impressive. One of his goals at the beginning was: " remain 20-25 frame rates with light bloom". It would be really interesting to know if he has achieved this goal.

I agree, would love to know myself. Based on my limited experience with his older models, he has a ways to go in optimizing his work for FS. Plus he has a hefty system as well.

Outside of FS I come from a world of very highly detailed models with high poly counts for realism that can be used for film/studio work, so I am used to this kind of detail. It took me awhile to change my mind set when I first started getting serious in FS design in having to cut corners and rely on textures for detail rather than modeling the actual part.

For example, here is a police car I use in 3DSMax and other render apps. It is to poly heavy for FS use (thought about making it drivable), There are no textures, each part uses procedural shaders, very much like some of his other ships, which means that each part is modeled

michael davies
October 6th, 2008, 16:04
I agree, would love to know myself. Based on my limited experience with his older models, he has a ways to go in optimizing his work for FS. Plus he has a hefty system as well.

Outside of FS I come from a world of very highly detailed models with high poly counts for realism that can be used for film/studio work, so I am used to this kind of detail. It took me awhile to change my mind set when I first started getting serious in FS design in having to cut corners and rely on textures for detail rather than modeling the actual part.

For example, here is a police car I use in 3DSMax and other render apps. It is to poly heavy for FS use (thought about making it drivable), There are no textures, each part uses procedural shaders, very much like some of his other ships, which means that each part is modeled

Mmmmm, nice mesh !!, I like the idea of no textures :mixedsmi:, I noticed that FSx seems to support raw material colors, that might be handy for small parts and cut down on the draw calls.

Best

Michael

kilo delta
October 6th, 2008, 16:36
Thanks for the Ken Offer...Very kind indeed.....:costumes:

I have a Barbie and Ken doll..They are the harley editions and have their own life size harleys and black leather ridding gear..Well,its really my wifes but are in my collectiables case....:redf:

I've got a barbie doll too !!!:female: :)..............

.......or at least her boobs are plastic like Barbie's :kilroy::costumes:

harleyman
October 6th, 2008, 17:19
I've got a barbie doll too !!!:female: :)..............

.......or at least her boobs are plastic like Barbie's :kilroy::costumes:

:costumes::costumes: LOL Say it ain't so Kilo Delta.......

Marlin
October 6th, 2008, 17:46
Now that is cool!!!!!!

http://www.deltasimstudio.com/images/payware/gemini/thumbs/gemini1024_64t.jpg (http://www.deltasimstudio.com/images/payware/gemini/1024/gemini1024_64.jpg)

Wow what an outstanding job.

MCDesigns
October 6th, 2008, 18:04
Now that is cool!!!!!!
Wow what an outstanding job.

So how is performance, say compared to a default aircraft?

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2008, 18:30
I have often contemplated buying one of these craft just for film making....

fliger747
October 6th, 2008, 19:25
A number of years ago we had a last minute (before X-mas) Barbie Doll charter out of Hong Kong. 250,000 barbie dolls. No Kens, though Barbie had all his stuff. Must have been the divorced Barbie.....

chinookmark
October 6th, 2008, 19:57
I have often contemplated buying one of these craft just for film making....

I bet you'd make a kick a$$ Miami Vice/Vice City style movie!

heywooood
October 6th, 2008, 20:09
right - the drug smugglies on the boat trying to evade the DEA / Piglet Cayuse - slamming under bridges and overpasses on its way to open water - the hot chick in the hot tub chilin with a frosty marggy in one hand and an uzi in the other....oh the huge manatee :applause:

I can just hear the cheezy Miami Vice soundtrack now...

CodyValkyrie
October 6th, 2008, 20:27
lol.. the ideas are spinning now.

Marlin
October 6th, 2008, 21:00
So how is performance, say compared to a default aircraft?

That is a screenshot from there website.

I don't have it yet :applause:

JT8D-9A
October 8th, 2008, 12:15

Your BMW looks great! A FSX version would be really nice... or an ultradeluxe vehicles/animals replacement package for FSX :engel016:

I have not really a clue about modeling.. i only sit back and drool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqQe-IVlP6U :isadizzy:

MCDesigns
October 8th, 2008, 12:48
I have not really a clue about modeling.. i only sit back and drool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqQe-IVlP6U :isadizzy:

Impressive video, thanks for the link!!!! that thing has more animations that any other addon I have seen. I want to get it just to re-texture the cabin, sweetness!

JT8D-9A
November 1st, 2008, 00:32
I bet the number of boat lover here will increase:
http://www.deltasimstudio.com/king_george.htm

:d

robby88
November 1st, 2008, 00:36

They sure will!! Awesome! :applause:

MCDesigns
November 1st, 2008, 05:09

WOW, very impressive modeling.

Cactuskid
November 1st, 2008, 07:35
I'm gonna have to break down and buy this thing! What amazing detail! Even the crapper works! I wonder about the bidet? Now where's Barbie? :d

chinookmark
November 1st, 2008, 08:37
It looks awesome, and kudos to the developers, but I'm going to have to pass. Freeware novelties are great, but I can't see spending $20+ on a boat for a flight simulator. Until someone cracks the code and adds some life to the water in the form of waves, sea states, and response to weather, I'm going to save my money.

That being said, it does look great, and if it was released for Ship Simulator or Virtual Sailor, I would be tempted to buy both the simulator and the ship.

*Edit* Argh! Hit by the edit bandit!

JT8D-9A
November 19th, 2008, 12:46
http://www.deltasimstudio.com/king_george.htm :jump::wavey:

CG_1976
November 19th, 2008, 13:24
Anybody know how i can paint this yacht along with Deltasim's Rotterdam and Orca? Rotterdam needs USCG Treatment along with the Orca and the Yacht a USCG Admirals dream. I tried my FsRepaint but some sort of Texture memory full Error.