PDA

View Full Version : I made another pass through the FSX library...

Rami
October 22nd, 2014, 04:47
Good morning,

Some of you may have noticed that the FSX repaint library is undergoing some changes. Given the high volume of repaints, I figured some distinction between Military and Civilian repaints was in order. Accordingly, I have subdivided the Military skins into different historical eras. (General, WWI, WWII, Korea, Cold War, and Vietnam)

I was also considering doing Jets / Jetliners and Props for Civvy aircraft.

I will also continue the FSX Scenery Library separation, but I need you guys to start uploading files into that section and/or giving me links from the SOH library so that I know what should go where.

After FSX is done, FS9 will follow.

Navy Chief
October 22nd, 2014, 04:59
Thanks for all your hard work, Rami! NC

Wayland
October 22nd, 2014, 05:05
Above and Beyond! You are too good to us.

Steve

Rami
October 22nd, 2014, 05:17
Above and Beyond! You are too good to us.

Steve

Steve,

True, but I look at it from another perspective. The annual SOH Donation Drive begins a little more than nine weeks from now. Given that the site will be asking people to donate money to support the website, the service the website provides should support the user, as well. One hand washes the other.

Accordingly, I do look for ways to make things easier to find, when the spirit moves me. :costumed-smiley-034

Wayland
October 22nd, 2014, 05:41
Oh, I suppose I'm not used to this level of support from a website. I guess it goes to show that someone who is passionately involved with the subject matter will go to lenghts that a lot won't.

True definition of "Amateur"= Someone who does something for the love or pleasure of it, not for renumeration. A lot of folks here qualify for that title.
:applause:

Steve

Rami
October 22nd, 2014, 05:48
Oh, I suppose I'm not used to this level of support from a website. I guess it goes to show that someone who is passionately involved with the subject matter will go to lenghts that a lot won't.

True definition of "Amateur"= Someone who does something for the love or pleasure of it, not for renumeration. A lot of folks here qualify for that title.
:applause:

Steve

Steve,

Aside from the FSX scenery objects request, the repaints library changes are entirely my own initiative. It just seemed like something that was needed.

stovall
October 22nd, 2014, 05:54
Thanks for all the work Rami. People that take the initiative definitely stand out. Rami is one of those guys we call a leader. We are lucky to have you.

Bjoern
October 22nd, 2014, 06:14
I was also considering doing Jets / Jetliners and Props for Civvy aircraft.

Yes, please!

And thank you!

Mach3DS
October 22nd, 2014, 06:34
Is that why I was unable to upload a skin last night? Gave me an error saying my file type was too large, but it was not? Very coolnthough, will be much easier to search! Thank you.

Rami
October 22nd, 2014, 06:35
000Rick000,

That may be because the pic is too large that accompanies your upload. Re-try with a smaller pic.

Duckie
October 22nd, 2014, 06:40
You the MAN, Rami! Great little device to improve searches. Thanks for all you do for us!

Steve

Rami
October 24th, 2014, 07:20
Hey guys,

As of right now, I have done about one-third of all the FSX skins. I have been primarily focusing on those who do not have screenshots, and have been hunting through each individual download looking for them. Most of these date back to the 2008-2009 time frame. I have only a couple of these pages left, and then the pace can accelerate a little bit.

Rami
October 27th, 2014, 06:48
Hey guys,

In my reorganization and categorizing of the library, I can across a "busted" download by bruce448 (Unexpected end of archive)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=3&id=8210

HU-16B Nationalist China Air Force 1023.zip - This is a FSX only texture paint of HU-16B Serial 1023 of the Nationalist China Air Force for Alphasims HU-16 Albatross.

by bruce448 (2009-06-05 15:07:37)

Does anyone have a replacement for this?

ak416
October 27th, 2014, 10:47
I think I might have found an alternative link over at simviation http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=213hu-16b_nvaf1023.zip&x=26&y=10

Extracted ok for me.

Rami
October 27th, 2014, 16:37
Ak416,

Thank you...I used this download in the library, and now we're in good shape. :wavey:

Rami
October 28th, 2014, 11:38
Hey guys,

About 75% or so done with the library reorganization. I wanted to pass along that the library for FSX now has the following categories for skins...

Civilian

FSX Jet repaints
FSX Prop repaints
FSX Helicopter repaints

Military

FSX General repaints
FSX WWI repaints
FSX WWII repaints
FSX Korean Era repaints
FSX Vietnam repaints
FSX Cold War repaints
FSX Post Cold War repaints

This should make finding things a bit easier for you.

Rami
October 29th, 2014, 09:41
Good afternoon,

The skins library is now finished; I am working on the scenery objects now, bit-by-bit. After combing through some 3,000+ entries one at a time, correcting pics and other items, I need a little break. :very_drunk:

I hope you all enjoy...

Navy Chief
October 29th, 2014, 10:19
Awesome work, Rami; thank you! NC

Duckie
October 29th, 2014, 11:38
:encouragement::encouragement:

huub vink
October 29th, 2014, 12:14
Thanks Rami, your efforts are highly appreciated :encouragement:

Huub

Rami
November 15th, 2014, 03:04
Hey guys,

Good morning. After reorganizing the FS 2004 library, I decided to give the FSX library another run-through. I corrected a lot of files to include patches and updates when possible, and reorganized the Aircraft library into the following categories...

FSX Civilian Props
FSX Civilian Jets
FSX Civilian Helicopters
FSX Experimental Aircraft
FSX Military Props
FSX Military Jets
FSX Military Helicopters

This was the same way I set up the FS 2004 aircraft library...at least to me, it seemed more logical. I will now do the scenery object list and close out the entire project. :very_drunk:

DaveB
November 15th, 2014, 05:21
Cheers Rami:encouragement: I like the simpler layout which'll help my tired old brain:very_drunk:

ATB
DaveB:)