PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 weapons

daisan
November 14th, 2014, 05:34
I am taking a look at weapon systems in P3D 2.4. I have managed to use missiles and bombs in multiplayer, it is quite exciting! I am looking for any developed mission, or quick tutorial to arm a SAM launcher and make it shoot. Any idea?

My experiment in MP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVq-JhujJfk

xpelekis
November 14th, 2014, 06:12
Is this default weapons in P3D 2.4 ?... Or with some addon like the Tacpack ?

Thanks.

daisan
November 14th, 2014, 06:20
Default + 20 mins of XML edit

xpelekis
November 14th, 2014, 06:35
Can you please give more informations about that ?...

- Academic license ?
- Type of weapons ? How many different ?
- Weapons come with plane addons or P3D has an inhereted system by default through which you can arm any plane in P3D ?...
- Both (all) players in MP are capable of seeing the various effects ?
- Multiplayer sync problems ?...

Thank's again. Just seams very interesting...

daisan
November 14th, 2014, 06:42
AFAIK you can use weapons with any version of P3D 2.4

You have a complete set of weapons, AIM-9, AIM120, AGM-88, conventional, JSOW, Paves,....

You can arm any plane, you just need some knowledge in XML edit. The video in the previous post was recorded in multiplayer, and my buddy was shoot down a couple of times as you can see. No problem with effects, or frame rate so far. But it needs to be tested with some more pilots online...

xpelekis
November 14th, 2014, 06:46
Good job !...
Please provide updates with your testing !...

Default + 20 mins of XML edit
As far as I understand, this weapon "system" is kind of similar to Captain Sim's Weapon for FSX (configurable through .xml editing).

Do weapons work in MP, inside P3D "Missions" also ?

Thank's.

daisan
November 14th, 2014, 06:49
Not tested in a mission. Just simple multiplayer to http://nevada-air.webs.com/ server.

xpelekis
November 14th, 2014, 06:55
Final question. Please bare with me...

Have you tested on a moving (or even static) Carrier in MP ?... This would be very interesting test...

As also : Available in Academic version ?

daisan
November 14th, 2014, 08:36
Carrier not tested yet. I have a PPD license, but I guess that weapons are included in all versions. They are simple simobjects.

spatialpro
November 15th, 2014, 09:17
TTBOMK weapons functionality is only included with Pro and Pro Developer licenses. If anyone know different please speak up!