PDA

View Full Version : Dino C.'s F-14D help!

RyanJZ
November 11th, 2014, 18:58
I just downloaded Dino Cattaneo's F-14D V2.35, and I put it the file for the plane called "Grumman F-14D" in the airplanes folder for FSX, but when I go to find it in the sim, its not there! What am I doing wrong? :/

DaveB
November 12th, 2014, 00:36
Nothing really I can think of Ryan.. Dino's models work straight out of the box. Have you got FSXA installed.. the model is for either FSXA or P3D so may not work with FSX or SP1.

ATB
DaveB:)

Dino Cattaneo
November 12th, 2014, 01:57
Well, yes - there is nothing fancy.
Just copy-paste the folders and you are done.
You must have FSXA or above...

RyanJZ
November 12th, 2014, 08:08
I have FSX SP2. And I had a previous version of the F-14 that work fine but after a few flights when I tried to load it it just crashed FSX

Dino Cattaneo
November 12th, 2014, 10:28
FSX:Acceleration or Gold, or P3Dv1.x or 2.x are needed.
The Tomcat will not work with SP2...sorry for that.

Dino

delta_lima
November 12th, 2014, 11:02
And just to add a suggestion. These and other carrier focused models really come to life when flown on/off the moving carriers only available on FSX+Acceleration. To my mind, that is the single greatest reason for getting FSX in the first place.

From prewar carriers and planes, to a whole host of WWII packages, through to more modern periods and a fairly complete coverage of the naval air arms of the Royal Navy, The French Aeronavale, USN/USMC, Canada, Australia, and others - many of their aircraft carriers have been modeled, and most are FREE. Harriers new and old, Skyhawks, Sea Furies, Buccaneers, Corsairs (F4Us and A-7s) Dauntlesses and Hellcats, Etendards, and Zephyrs, Gannets and Sea Vixens, Skyraiders and Trojans, plus a myriad helicopters. That's just a sampling - there are literally dozens of types modeled by now. Again, a large swathe of these are FREE as well.

So, by now, it should be pretty easy to buy FSX Gold out for cheap - get Acceleration installed, and start flying carrier flying the way it was intended! :encouragement: I can almost guarantee you'll kick yourself for not having done so earlier ... all the while having an absolute riot.

cheers,

dl

DaveB
November 12th, 2014, 13:26
I can wholeheartedly agree with that:encouragement: If you don't want to go through the hassle of buying 'Gold' (which as dl says is available for a song these days).. pick up a copy of FSXAcc which is equally cheap if not cheaper. All you'll need to do before you install it is remove SP2 (leave SP1 in place) then off you go;)

ATB
DaveB:)