PDA

View Full Version : Random minimissing

fallenphoenix1986
November 11th, 2014, 08:03
Could use a hand here, I fired up FSX today and it was running in windowed mode, switched it to full screen however every 20 seconds or so it just randomly minimises. I've not made any changes and it was working just fine two days ago, as it is the sim is unusable and for no apparent reason, no error mesages, no other programmes running. Any ideas guys?

Craig

Dave Torkington
November 11th, 2014, 08:25
Hi Craig,

I've not experienced this myself but I've heard this is a typical problem caused by a 'background' program kicking in such as screensaver or antivirus software, yet you mention there's been no change to your system :banghead:.

Perhaps it's worth taking a close look at msconfig to see if anything's crept into your startup services recently that may be the cause.

Regards, Dave.

fallenphoenix1986
November 11th, 2014, 09:02
Well In trying to fix this I've got a nice new bug... the damn thing wont get past the opening splash screen now :pop4:

Craig

edit: narrowed it down to a self installer going nuts, VS F9F Panther's self installer decided after having installed just fine over a year ago (and not having been touched since) that it was going to screw with me - seems to be working ok for now.