PDA

View Full Version : AW Whitley MkV Coastal Command for CFS2

Shessi
November 11th, 2014, 02:41
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/905914157056496245.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

Description: A major update of Ted Cooks AW38 Armstrong Whitworth Whitley MkV for Fs9 and CFS2 by Shessi, Nov 2014

Ted Cooks excellent Whitley with modifications, updates and tweaks, these include; Now Multi-LOD, for better FPS, especially in CFS2, also glightstates and crashcheck removed for CFS2. Ted didn't model in bomb bay doors or bomb bay. I've modelled these in, so now opening bomb bay doors and internal bays, both main bomb bays and inner wing bays, along with a full mixed bomb load.

New crew, new Lewis gun and guns ready. Updated and modified panel wih Alpahsims 2D and modified Ted's VC.

This a Costal Command MkV with new textures, and and re-mapped texture lay-out for easier re-paints etc.

RK-Q, a Whitley Mk V of 10 OTU, Coastal Command, RAF St Eval. This aircraft sunk U665 on 22/3/43.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW Whitley MkV Coastal Command CFS2.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=19059&catid=50)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Shessi
November 11th, 2014, 03:11
Hi Folks,
Just finishing the MkV Whitley's, and uploaded this Coastal Command version to start with.

Basically a standard MkV bomber with extra fuel tanks, and without later radar of the MkVII. During the early Battle of the Atlantic period, they attacked and sunk several uboats.

I'll also be uploading the North Atlantic convoy you see in the pics. Non-moving and unsinkable (This version!) scenery, but adds atmosphere and can be used for practice attacks with ac and subs.

Cheers

Shessi

arfyhun
November 11th, 2014, 04:54
Luvvit, luvvit, luvvit. Thank you.

Graham.

_486_Col_Wolf
November 11th, 2014, 12:05
Shessi,

Just D/L'd this plane. Not only is it visually stunning, it flies smoother than any other bomber in my arsenal. Great job and thanks!

Shessi
November 11th, 2014, 12:59
Glad you like it guys, I think you'll also like the Bomber Command version...just finishing the DP..which always takes longer than you think!

It's one of those un-sung heroes of the early war period, not a great ac, but still a good one.

And please don't forget it wouldn't be possible without the great talents and generosity of Ted Cook.

Cheers

Shessi

Rami
November 12th, 2014, 10:08
Mark,

Fantastic work on this! I really appreciate your efforts to bring the Whitley to life. I am just now getting back into CFS2 after what seems like months! :encouragement:

kelticheart
November 13th, 2014, 02:44
Shessi,

I hadn't realised you just uploaded a completely updated-for-CFS2 new Ted Cook's Whitley!..... :stupid:

At first, I thought you had done that with the GRVII you uploaded last month and this was just another repaint, BUT IT'S AN ENTIRELY NEW BIRD!

MANY THANKS TO BOTH YOU
AND TED COOK!!!

:applause: :applause:

Cheers!
KH :applause:

stuart277
November 16th, 2014, 21:51
What a flying machine!:applause:
Very nice work on this.
Cheers
Stuart