PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember these?

dhazelgrove
November 10th, 2014, 07:03

New from John Young/ACG, available for both FSX and FS9.

Dave

DaveB
November 10th, 2014, 07:09
Ah.. nice one Dave. Thanks for the HU:encouragement:

ATB
DaveB:)

hschuit
November 10th, 2014, 07:12
I am a big fan of John's AI models, no one else has done so many very good military AI aircraft for FSX. I check the ACG forum (http://www.airfieldconstructiongroup.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=935) regularly to watch progress on RAF Wattisham and the Phantoms that John has created to go with the scenery.

delta_lima
November 10th, 2014, 07:50
Thanks - I saw them mentioned on MAIW - good news indeed.

A bit of an aside, but the FSX military AI picture is looking to get even better in the future. The massively prolific, "I'll only develop for FS9" Micheal Pearson is looking at beginning some projects for FSX. In reference to his latest AI release (MiG-25 Foxbat), he wrote the following on the forum:

I just uploaded the SMAI MiG-25 package to AVSIM and AVSIM.rus, it's 12 variants, 25 models, and 127 repaints. I took a little break for the last month or so, flew around a bunch in the sim, and painted a lot of Thomas Ruth retro A300s ad DC-10s, no-stress/no-agenda reset-my-head stuff.

With this release, I hit the twelve new models in 2014 pledge, with two months to spare. In between, I did several hundred serial repaints for various MAIW projects, a bunch of Thomas Ruth and Overland paints, miscellaneous other projects, and am slugging my way through learning FSX modeling. I still have a few projects on my agenda for FS9, but I am probably getting a new computer in the new year, and will probably go exclusively to FSX/P3D projects, providing I can hit the learning groove. I also will be going back and doing a couple of updates to some of my earlier release models (I really do listen to the fans, lol).

Far from done, but this is my strategic thinking. Here's to a nice 2014 holiday season, and new horizons for 2014.

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=13789&start=320

So, For anyone who knows the unique penchant for BOTH quality AND quantity that Michael has for military AI, 2015 could well be an insanely blessed year, military-AI-wise.

And that's not even mentioning that his current FS9 models (too many to mention) - are already work fairly well in FSX - picture even a small slice of those in FSX ... :redfire:...

So, between Mike's and John's fabulous packages, retro/classic mil AI is really coming into its own!

dl

ThinkingManNeil
November 10th, 2014, 09:32
Ahhh, yes. Gloster Javelins. i must've lost a squadron's worth of Dinky Toy Javelins when I was a kid...

N.