PDA

View Full Version : Would target towing be possible in fsx???

Hooky722
November 8th, 2014, 10:25
A while ago I found a video on YouTube of some raf hunters undertaking target practice using drogue targets towed by a meteor and I was wondering if something like this would be possible to replicate in fsx using TP or CS Weapon without downing the tug aswell anybody have any suggestions?

Hooky

mjrhealth
November 8th, 2014, 11:08
Yes it is possible to tow targets. The Just flight DC3 has a glider tow so it can work. As to wheter you could shoot it down that is another question.

Hooky722
November 8th, 2014, 16:39
To be honest I had more like a mission in mind where you'd get points for a 'hit' I am not sure what form that would take or how it would work maybe a bit of scripting maybemail perhaps without the need for Tacpak or Weapon does that mean Ai can tow gliders I'm unfamiliar with the Jf DC-3 but I shall look into it many thanks

Hooky

johannesl
November 8th, 2014, 22:19
There used to be a program called aerotow that allowed an ai plane to tow a glider, that you are flying, on a preset flight path. It probably isn't what you're looking for and I don't know where you can download it either.

Hooky722
November 9th, 2014, 00:15
There used to be a program called aerotow that allowed an ai plane to tow a glider, that you are flying, on a preset flight path. It probably isn't what you're looking for and I don't know where you can download it either.

That would be a good start though if you ever find any leads to where to aquire it that would be very useful thanks

HOOKY

johannesl
November 9th, 2014, 12:25
This is the copy of the file I downloaded aerotow 2008-02-26 23-53.zip some time ago but I don't know where from. I don't know if there ever was a newer version, and I never installed it so I don't know how it works, but there are explanations of it floating around in internet forums that I have seen. The links to the file mentioned in these posts no longer work. Not a lot of help I know but it may give you a place to start.

Hooky722
November 9th, 2014, 13:38
Thanks very much for that my friend much appreciated

Hooky

Essex
November 9th, 2014, 14:09
I haven't tested it, but there's an aerotow bundled with atosVR.zip
http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=atosVR&x=16&y=9