PDA

View Full Version : Bad Brad: A Modern Intimidator/DW Mix?

Panther_99FS
November 7th, 2014, 17:31
http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/shake-and-bake/intimidator-meets-jaws-is-brad-keselowski-a-hybrid-of-dale-earnhardt-darrell-waltrip-110614

glh
November 7th, 2014, 20:28
"Matrix, you said you would kill me last!"

"I lied, Sully."

Daveroo
November 7th, 2014, 21:44
i guess i have to agree with Lambert on this..i never cared for Big E (i hate that,but i cant spell that last name)and i certainly never rooted for him..cept when he won that 500 finally..i too had moist eyes..:untroubled:,and the year he barrel rolled down a straight away,got out pof the car,inspected it,shoved a track worker out of his way,jumped back in..then joined the cars under the red on the back stretch..pitted under yellow,and did damned well in the rest of the race...he was awesome...DW?..that dude just had a mouth..Jaws..fit him perfect,but he was also good on track..dont over look Rusty either..he could dump a car with pricistion ,a tap in a crawed pack..someone goes flying..look at the replay..and the guy had been "tapped" by Rusty......im going to say it again,had i gone with Junie,i personally feel id have given these guys a run for thier money...not everyone from my area is like scott pruett !!:biggrin-new:...i mean look at Larson and even brad sweet...and that matt dibiendido kid...he was a start-n-parker...but hes now running full races...and isnt doing to bad..

anyway..i dont allways like Bad Brad..but id have loved to race him....

question for Easy Ed if you read this...do you know if brad did any dirt track racing?..just wondering.

stansdds
November 8th, 2014, 03:17
I think Brad is trying to be the new intimidator, we'll see how that works out for him.

EasyEd
November 8th, 2014, 16:19
Hey All,

I been away working on planning for forest fire response - we spent over $300 million in BC and need to do it better. Part of my real world job to work on that.

I don't see Brad as a new Dale. I don't think he has the grin the attitude the playfulness etc to spin trucks on dirt roads like Dale did.

I don't know who I see him as but probably a David Pearson may be closest. A smart ferocious competitor. Brad will find a way to have a chance at a win like Pearson - much to King Richard's chagrin in some races. Brad takes no KKRRAAPP from anybody.

A strong case can be made for Pearson as the greatest ever and I would not argue with it and Brad if he stays with good teams with good cars may well be one of the best ever but only time will tell. Davey Allison may have been one of the greatest ever even according to Dale Earnhart but a helicopter crash at talledega stopped that - hopefully Brad has a long career in front of him.

Dave I do not know for sure if Brad ever raced dirt track - I suspect not as he came up through quarter midgets to late models but I don't know for sure.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
November 8th, 2014, 16:36
Perhaps Cale Yarborough