PDA

View Full Version : A2A Accu-Sim Skylane 18...WOW!!!

TuFun
November 5th, 2014, 11:06
Just incredible! How real can it get! Soon to be released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw4gWmXwD-I#t=426

Christoph_T
November 5th, 2014, 11:33
One day I'll have to buy one of the accusim airplanes.
So much passion that is in their work!!!

ksheadley
November 5th, 2014, 11:46
All of the A2A planes are amazing, the new 182T Skylane looks as if it will take it up another notch. Will be a must have in my hanger.

ryanbatc
November 5th, 2014, 11:59
I really like A2A, I own four products with accusim (five if you count P3D Cherokee), but this is a pass. Just another slow plane argh. I was totally expecting a v tail bonanza based on that Cherokee wing video. If the option came up if gladly sell my c172 for their 182 (or pay a little more). The 182 isn't much faster.

Lewis-A2A
November 5th, 2014, 12:33
Lots of cool goodies coming with this one, including lots of avionics GPS options for the third party types.

Ryan, if you haven't see if you can get some time in a 182 you will be as shocked as we were when thinking its similar to a 172.

cheers,
Lewis

txnetcop
November 5th, 2014, 13:06
AWESOME!!!! Just when you thought it couldn't get any better Scott and company do it again.
Ted

ryanbatc
November 5th, 2014, 13:16
I wrote up more at Avsim - I agree there are some differences that would be important in RW - but it's not the plane in looking for. I didn't watch the video yet but will it have GTN750 support?

nm I see it will feature GTN support based on your forums. That helps a bit

Lewis-A2A
November 5th, 2014, 13:28
Yes it will have Flight1 GTN support for both units, and Mindstar GNS support and for the FSX version RXP too. And I believe you're a HSI user too ryan so i'll also mention this is also an option too, hot swappable within the sim.

cheers,
Lewis

lownslo
November 5th, 2014, 13:52
I passed on the 172, bought the Cherokee... and the 182T when it arrives. The moment it arrives. :applause:

Greg

pilottj
November 5th, 2014, 14:06
Its a great choice, I was expecting a V-35 too, but a 182 makes sense. Bush pilots finally get a legit accusimmed bush plane, especially with tundra tires and potential for floats down the road. The 182 airframe, like the PA-28 offers lots of room for expansion....ie RG, Turbo, floats, tundra...etc.

I know the high performance single will be great, but in perspective, going from a 172 to Comanche is like going from a Corolla to a Ford Mustang....its a nice jump....but you already have a real Ferrari in the garage in the form of a Civil P-51.:mixed-smiley-010: Getting the 182 is like getting a Jeep Cherokee or something lol.

Cheers
TJ

ksheadley
November 5th, 2014, 15:09
Its a great choice, I was expecting a V-35 too, but a 182 makes sense. Bush pilots finally get a legit accusimmed bush plane, especially with tundra tires and potential for floats down the road. The 182 airframe, like the PA-28 offers lots of room for expansion....ie RG, Turbo, floats, tundra...etc.

I know the high performance single will be great, but in perspective, going from a 172 to Comanche is like going from a Corolla to a Ford Mustang....its a nice jump....but you already have a real Ferrari in the garage in the form of a Civil P-51.:mixed-smiley-010: Getting the 182 is like getting a Jeep Cherokee or something lol.

Cheers
TJ

Lol, a Jeep Cherokee that you don't mind putting into that PNW dirt strip for a little camping:mixed-smiley-010:

olderndirt
November 5th, 2014, 16:48
Didn't they own a RL Comanche at A2A - I could go for one of those.

Naki
November 5th, 2014, 20:43
Yes they do. Hopefully they will do one eventually

DaveWG
November 5th, 2014, 22:16
Not my cup of tea, so I'll pass on this one. I'm sure it will be great model and simulation though.

Mach3DS
November 5th, 2014, 22:32
I commented on their Facebook page that I was a little burned out on Cessna on the whole...but I might have to eat my shorts because I watched the video on my 37" when I got home and man its amazing. I don't own any A2A GA aircraft so this would be the first buy for me...I noticed that they have standard gauges but the one they were flight testing was G1000 equipped. I wish they would do a FPS friendly g1000 version also. One other thing I noticed in the final view of the c182 at the very end of the video there is a single pilot with a hat...is that Scott? Looked a lot like him! Those sly dogs!

Dimus
November 6th, 2014, 00:42
More money to be spent to A2A! I simply just can not avoid buying this. The Skylane is the plane I wish to own some day. Simple, powerful, well equipped, goes anywhere and is made of good old aluminium, not carbon stuff.

jankees
November 6th, 2014, 01:02
oh dear, another Cessna. I'll pass.

Tim-HH
November 6th, 2014, 01:28

That was my first thought as well. But I was also disappointed when I saw their announcement for the C172 and the PA-28. And now these two are my favorites :)

Greetings
Tim

ce_zeta
November 6th, 2014, 01:30
Great news!

But Iwant a Cessna C177

txnetcop
November 6th, 2014, 02:20
OH NO Jankees, this is not just another Cessna. This an accusimmed real live bush plane that pushes all the limitations of FSX and beyond. A bush pilot's dream and as soon as I can afford it on my SS check I will get this ONE! If you have ever flown a real 172, this is the one high-wing that most pilots want to upgrade to. Scott and team have outdone themselves on this baby.
Ted

gradyhappyg
November 6th, 2014, 02:29
Wondering if a float version is in the works? Please!

wombat666
November 6th, 2014, 02:48

Never say never Jan......then again, I'm not that fond of anything 'acusimmed' but I'll see how this turns out, a decent 182 is something that I could use.
:encouragement:

mal998
November 6th, 2014, 06:03
Usually, I am not a big fan of GA aircraft, but this is one impressive piece of work. Working on FDE's for various aircraft I know what goes into producing a first rate profile and A2A has some pretty advanced modeling and physics going on.
Very impressive. I think I might just pick this one up when it comes out.

Rudyjo
November 6th, 2014, 06:25
Great news!

But Iwant a Cessna C177
I would rather have a C-185. A2A needs to make a good Bush plane. The closest they have come is the Cub, but it's way too slow.

heywooood
November 6th, 2014, 07:47
this is a bush plane - a real good bush plane..the only thing missing is another wing, and a round motor..

In a perfect world, A2A would be able to acquire the source code from Javis of the N3N and finish it off by accusimming the bejeebers out of it

now THAT would be something.

Alan_A
November 6th, 2014, 09:12
...the only thing missing is another wing, and a round motor..

Sounds like you're in the market for an AN-2...

pilottj
November 6th, 2014, 11:39
'Oh another boring Cessna'...A plane is fun or boring depending on how or where you operate it. You can make any plane 'exciting' by flying them in exciting and challenging environments. For example, go to Telluride, CO in the late summer during marginal VFR thunderstorm season, load up the Cherokee to MGTOW....Have Fun!!:biggrin-new: The Cherokee becomes boring when you try to fly it on trips better suited to a Baron or something. Likewise, the 182 will be quite fun when trying to plunk it down in some backwoods airstrips.

Cheers
TJ

heywooood
November 6th, 2014, 11:54
Sounds like you're in the market for an AN-2...

oh I have the Sibwings Colt...and an accusimmed one would be a ponderous thing to fly

heywooood
November 6th, 2014, 11:56
'Oh another boring Cessna'...A plane is fun or boring depending on how or where you operate it. You can make any plane 'exciting' by flying them in exciting and challenging environments. For example, go to Telluride, CO in the late summer during marginal VFR thunderstorm season, load up the Cherokee to MGTOW....Have Fun!!:biggrin-new: The Cherokee becomes boring when you try to fly it on trips better suited to a Baron or something. Likewise, the 182 will be quite fun when trying to plunk it down in some backwoods airstrips.

Cheers
TJ

thats called the difference betweeng going somewhere and getting somewhere I think

Alan_A
November 6th, 2014, 16:31
oh I have the Sibwings Colt...and an accusimmed one would be a ponderous thing to fly

True - though the Sibwings one manages to achieve a high (and wonderful) level of ponderousness... :cool:

Peg o my heart
November 6th, 2014, 17:04
I dreamed last night that A2A developes b-24 instead.. but it was just a dream:sorrow:

fsxar177
November 6th, 2014, 17:20
... I'm just glad that with the 182, we won't have to use the slew key anymore!

Really A2A?

The biggest thing I might be hopeful about, would be that their future core-updates might actually fix the wide array of associated problems with the warbird experience, that were caused after the numerous 172 updates.

Fingers crossed...

- Joseph

Peg o my heart
November 6th, 2014, 17:22
... I'm just glad that with the 182, we won't have to use the slew key anymore!

Really A2A?

The biggest thing I might be hopeful about, would be that their future core-updates might actually fix the wide array of associated problems with the warbird experience, that were caused after the numerous 172 updates.

Fingers crossed...

- Joseph

true that. the latest core-updates touches a handful of aspects of the Razorback, it continuously updates nearly all the warbirds. And thank you for the great Vaught F4 Goodyear Race Pack Joseph. :very_drunk:

heywooood
November 6th, 2014, 18:04
True - though the Sibwings one manages to achieve a high (and wonderful) level of ponderousness... :cool:

thats why I keep it hangared at the Ponderosa...:kilroy::kilroy::kilroy:..Hoss

Bushpounder
November 6th, 2014, 18:36
How about a nice Piper Aztec or Navajo rather than another Cessna? Just asking.
Don

ftl818
November 7th, 2014, 02:32
I dreamed last night that A2A developes b-24 instead.. but it was just a dream:sorrow:

Me too,

And an accusimmed Lancaster BI/BIII, Halifax, Sterling, Ju88, He111, He177, Spitfire MkVb, IXc, XIV, XVI but since A2A turned to GA aircraft Warbirds seem to be forgotten.

:frown-new:

tracyq144
November 7th, 2014, 02:48
Pardon my ignorance, but what makes this a "bush plane"? I was always under the impression that "bush" meant "off airport" and that meant "taildragger"? Ala the C185?

I will definitely get this plane when it comes out, just curious about the "bush" designation?

ksheadley
November 7th, 2014, 03:42
Pardon my ignorance, but what makes this a "bush plane"? I was always under the impression that "bush" meant "off airport" and that meant "taildragger"? Ala the C185?

I will definitely get this plane when it comes out, just curious about the "bush" designation?

I have seen many different configurations of "bush" planes...yes the taildragger lends itself to shorter landings and take-offs, but a tricycle geared airplane can be used for off airport uses quite well....I've even seen a "Tundra" Diamond DA-40.

txnetcop
November 7th, 2014, 05:57

High wing and lots of power to weight ratio for short take-off and climb-out. Power to get you where you are going in mountainous terrain. Just to mention a few great attributes...I flew one of these in Guatemala delivering medical supplies a long while back. Some of places you had to land were downright SCARY!!! The video gives a good idea why the 182 was a sweetheart bush plane.

Landing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBZxhueV6Gg

Takeoff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ37pa2bT_0
Ted

pilottj
November 7th, 2014, 07:34
Yeah there are quite a few bush planes with 'Trike' config...Kodiak, Twin Otter, Cessna 206/207/208, FU24, AAC Angel...etc. The Cessna 182 was essentially just a Trike version of the Cessna 180, in fact if you see some early 182s with Texas Taildragger conversions, you couldn't tell the difference apart from looking at the serial plate lol.

That would actually be a good question, if you had the money and wanted a 'new'(low time airframe/engine) bush plane...Would you buy something like a T182T, give it a Texas Taildragger conversion, add Tundras and so on. I think that would be a pretty slick little bush plane lol.

Cheers
TJ

ksheadley
November 7th, 2014, 08:00
Yeah there are quite a few bush planes with 'Trike' config...Kodiak, Twin Otter, Cessna 206/207/208, FU24, AAC Angel...etc. The Cessna 182 was essentially just a Trike version of the Cessna 180, in fact if you see some early 182s with Texas Taildragger conversions, you couldn't tell the difference apart from looking at the serial plate lol.

That would actually be a good question, if you had the money and wanted a 'new'(low time airframe/engine) bush plane...Would you buy something like a T182T, give it a Texas Taildragger conversion, add Tundras and so on. I think that would be a pretty slick little bush plane lol.

Cheers
TJ

The T182T with the conversion I believe you would still come out cheaper than the Kodiak but I would take either one if money were no object

Lewis-A2A
November 7th, 2014, 14:11
The 182 has a real bush pedigree, it is built upon the classic cessna bush aircraft. As noted with conversion and add ons it can be made into alsorts. A real work horse and the worlds most popular high performance GA aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis

pilottj
November 7th, 2014, 14:40
Finally an accusim plane that will do this lol.

heywooood
November 7th, 2014, 19:09
Finally an accusim plane that will do this lol.

there was definitely a pucker factor with that landing, as close as the port wing tip was to that kite eating vegetation